Here's my list first:

Hive Tyrant - Winged, 2 Scything Talons, Warp Field, and Toxin Sacs - 178 pts

Hive Tyrant - Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sac, Venom Cannon, and TL-Devourer - 149 pts

Tyrant Guard - Rending and Lash Whip (Left over from previous edition) - 45 pts

8 Genestealers - 160 pts

8 Genestealers - 160 pts

8 Genestealers - 160 pts

12 Hormgaunts - 120 pts

12 Hormgaunts - 120 pts

12 Spinegaunts - 60 pts

Ravener - 40 pts

Ravener - 40 pts

Ravener - 40 pts

Zoanthrope - Warp Blast and Synapse - 65 pts

Carnifex - Venom Cannon, Barbed Straggler, Enhanced Senses, and Reinforced Chitin - 163 pts

Total: 1500 pts

Here's the logic behind some of the choices. I understand that walking tyrant with venom and devourer are not as common. However, it is the perfect "swing" MC, equally able to bring its weight against medium vehicles and infantry. Gunfex is most efficient against armor 13-14, not as good against med. vehicles and infantry, and too expensive to take 2 realistically in 1500 pts. Also, this tyrant can reach out on turn 1-2 and handle skimmers and medium vehicles which dakkafex and dakka tyrant can't do as well. I didn't take broodlord cause risk of alpha missions (useful in escalation hough) and the ineffectiveness of infiltrate (realistically you have to be 18+ inches to survive and then its a slow walk up). For my flying tyrant, I choose to keep skimpy on CC upgrades and use him primarily as a troop killer. I believe with the high amount of rending in my army that I should be pretty decent against characters (only use for biomorphs). 24 genestealers serve as my main attack force. I like to take 300 pts of gaunts (20% of force) to tie up the enemy. 12 Horms are able to survive some fire and still come in and tie up units for one turn. The reason for 12 spineguants is to act as a throw-away unit to dreads, characters, and plug a hole in the line. Raveners are just so fast and able to get to pretty much anywhere a lictor would be if it dropped on turn 3. I wish I could get in a lictor to help with escalation rolls and anti-ordinance, but the lictor is quite expensive at 1500 and would weaken the rest of the list by reducing genestealers and ravenors. Maybe a ravenor or tyrant can get ordinance after defeating the primary enemy troops. In my experience, gaunts for their points seem to do a better job at tieing up the enemy than lictors. 10 tough wounds of synapse seems pretty adequete for the low number of gaunts and spot synapse on ld 10 stuff. Hopefully the list is a good balance of speed, durability, and firepower.