Tyranid 1500 Balanced w/Psychic Screams - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid 1500 Balanced w/Psychic Screams

I've gone with a more balanced approach towards tyranids rather than godzilla or genestealers. While godzilla seems to be dominating the tyranid style of play, i feel that it would be a bit boring for me. Not the tyranids I remember from back in 2nd edition...
    However, been seeing an abundance of psychic screams in godzilla shooting lists. Not sure if they make sense in a CC army setup.

Here's my list:

Hive Tyrant - Wings, 2 Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, and Psychic Scream

Hive Tyrant - Venom Cannon, TL-Devourer, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, and Psychic Scream
    1 Tyrant Guard

8 Genestealers - Extended Carapce

16 Hormgaunts
    12 Spinegaunts
    12 Spinegaunts

Ravener - Rending/Scything

2 Zoanthropes - Psychic Scream and Synapse
    Carnifex - Venom Cannon, Barbed Stragler, Enhanced Senses, and Reinforced Chitin

Total: 1500 points

Unit choices: Flying Tyrant is meant to be cheap troop killer. He's going to be hidden as much as possible by terrain and upgrades are too expensive at this point level. The Shooting Tyrant is the perfect swing creature, able to target tanks and infantry equally as effectively. Gunfex is standard. The genestelaers and raveners are the anti-marine component. Horms accompany the flying tyrant and try to tie down units. Spinegaunts are used as filler. 4 Psychic screams form a devasting blow to leadership especially when combined with outnumber. Realistically probably only 3 will be in range or alive.

Alternative: Is my walking tyrant protected enough? Is psychic scream even an effective tactic? The other option is dropping one zoanthrope and replacing it with a tyrant guard. Then drop the remaining psychic screams on my tyrants and remaing zoa for warp blast on zoanthrope giving me one more anti-tank weapon. With the leftover 10 points, take catalyst as an all-around frag grenade. Do you think I need 4 synapse creatures (2 zoas, 1 flyrant, 1 shooty tyrant + guard) or can i get by with only 3 (1 zoa, 1 flyrant, 1 shooty tyrant + 2 guard)? Really curious whether i should dedicate to psychic scream tactic or go for a safer warp blast/more tyrant guard strategy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by hoya4life3381
    Hive Tyrant - Wings, 2 Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, and Psychic Scream
    TL Devourers instead of ST's and you'll deal more death to both Marines and IG

Love the Idea of the army good balance, nice Synapse coverage, good tank killing, pls post a batrep.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

+ Reply to Thread