Necron 2000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necron 2000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron 2000

Necron Lord-200
    -Veil of Time
    -Ressurrection Orb

Joins immortals

Necron Lord-200
    -Destroyer Bordy
    -Phase Shifter
    -Gaze of flame
    -Phylactery
    -War-Scythe

Joins scarabs

x10 Immortals-280

x12 Warriors-216

x10 Warriors-180

x10 Warriors-180

x8 Scarabs-96

x3 Destroyers-150

x3 Destroyers-150

x2 Tomb Spyders-110

x1 Monolith-235

This is my first post so I hope I didn't break any rules or anything. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Donut
    Necron Lord-200
    -Veil of Time
    -Ressurrection Orb
    good
    Joins immortals

Necron Lord-200
    -Destroyer Bordy
    -Phase Shifter
    -Gaze of flame
    -Phylactery
    -War-Scythe
    not needed, drop it for more warriors
    Joins scarabs

x10 Immortals-280

x12 Warriors-216

x10 Warriors-180

x10 Warriors-180
    good make them all 10 warriors and add 10
    x8 Scarabs-96
    disruption fields + 1
    x3 Destroyers-150

x3 Destroyers-150
    add 3 more
    x2 Tomb Spyders-110

x1 Monolith-235

This is my first post so I hope I didn't break any rules or anything. Thanks in advance.
    Not bad, however, the 2 200 point lords are not needed, 6 wounds for a third of your army is a nono, with my reccomendations you get a phase out of 15 men (kill 45 necrons) good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... Ok, i'll rewrite it soon, any thoughts of when to use a D-lord? As in how many points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take off gaze of flame because with your jetbike movement, there's not alot of things that can charge you without you charging them first
    Phase Shifter and Phylactery would be good if you had some extra points to spare

d lord would be good almost whenever unless your playing something like tau on a really big field because then they can take you out before the lord can reach them

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

My take on your list

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Donut
    Necron Lord-200
    -Veil of Time
    -Ressurrection Orb

Joins immortals

Nice

Necron Lord-200
    -Destroyer Bordy
    -Phase Shifter
    -Gaze of flame
    -Phylactery
    -War-Scythe

Joins scarabs

Not bad, but a little points heavy. I agree that the GoF is a bit moot, as you'll more than likely be the one charging. A Phylactery is nice, but not really all that useful. It only gives you a 32% chance to get up with more than one wound, and the points could be better spent elsewhere. Dropping those lowers him to 170, much leaner.

x10 Immortals-280

x12 Warriors-216

x10 Warriors-180

x10 Warriors-180

Solid

x8 Scarabs-96

I'd shave off one Scarab, I'll explain more below

x3 Destroyers-150

x3 Destroyers-150

Could use some tweaking, again, I'll explain in the Heavy Support

x2 Tomb Spyders-110

Alright, these guys I would make a big change to. I do see the potential that Tomb Spyders can bring, but I think with your list you'd be better off dropping them. With the 110 from the Spyders, the 30 from the D-Lord, and the 12 from the Scarabs, you can afford to take another 3 Destroyers without going over 2k. That will give you a unit of 5 and a unit of 4. Actually, that leaves you with 5 more points, so slap a Chronometron on the D-Lord. That will increase your chances of getting sweeping advances when you win assaults.

Now with the lack of Spyders, you'll need to keep your unit types within 6" to maximize WBB. Since you have a Lith and a VoD, your Spyders would have been hard pressed to stay in range of your Necron units to let them benefit from the Spyders abilities. That and the fact that you are now getting 12 more shots from your Destroyer units. Tanks and enemy FA slots beware.

x1 Monolith-235

These are, of course, just my suggestions. Take what you like from them or stick to your original list (which seems pretty solid to begin with). My tweaks give you 53 Necrons, with a PO number of 13. And to amend Orkimedes' (nice username) math, 2 200 point units in a 2000 point game is 1 fifth, not 1 third.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he meant both of my lords combined... I was actually planning to get another battleforce so that's a perfect suggestion.. (Damn wasted $40 on tomb spyders :cry: :sleep: ) I use GoF mostly for the -1 leadership to my opponent. The other thing, should I get two heavy d's for 3k?? Another kind of random question should I get another lord?? With a Res orb and warscythe to just stand back and help the warriors. I always use my flying circus and then i have no Res orb? Is that better then the D-lord?? Thanks
    Necron 2000 14/1/13

How come everybody else on this forum has 400 wins to 2 loses? I smell cheese.... and beef... sandwich!

What was Rogal Dorn doing when the Sanguinius and the Emporer got killed???

Woohoooo I killed the treeman!!! :)

I killed the Glade riders too!!!! :)

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

If you are going to go with a second walking lord, stick with the Staff of Light. It still counts as a power weapon in HtH, and you get the benefit of 3 marine killing shots a turn (for any foolish unit that gets within 18" of your lord.)
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread