1750 pts - Dark Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

1750 pts - Dark Eldar

Hey everyone. This is my first attempt at a DE list. I'm currently considering starting DE, so I decided to think up a list. Freel free to post advice, comments, constructive critisism etc. I'm hoping that at the 1250 pt level I can get some versitility and variety of units. Thanks! Here's the list:

1750 pts - Dark Eldar

HQ: 249pts

Dark Eldar Lord (1)
    +Agoniser and SP(1)
    +Combat Drugs (1)
    +Plasma Grenades (1)
    +Shadow Field
    +Hell Mask
    Retinue
    +Incubi (3)
    +Warriors (2)
    ++Splinter Cannons (2)
    =249

Elites: 413 pts

Wyches (9)
    +Wyche weapons (9)
    +Plasma Grenades (9)
    ++Wyche Succubus (1)
    +++Agoniser (1)
    +++Plasma Grenades (1)
    =169

Wyches (9)
    +Wyche weapons (9)
    +Plasma Grenades (9)
    ++Wyche Succubus (1)
    +++Agoniser (1)
    +++Plasma Grenades (1)
    =169

Warp Beast Pack (5)
    Beastmaster (1)
    =75

Troops: 465 pts

Warrior Squad (10)
    +Dark Lances (2)
    Raider (1)
    =155

Warrior Squad (10)
    +Dark Lances (2)
    Raider (1)
    =155

Warrior Squad (10)
    +Dark Lances (2)
    Raider (1)
    =155

Fast Attack: 412 pts

Reaver Jetbikes (3)
    +Blasters (2)
    ++Succubus (1)
    +++Agoniser (1)
    +++Web Way Portal (1)
    =206

Reaver Jetbikes (3)
    +Blasters (2)
    ++Succubus (1)
    +++Agoniser (1)
    +++Web Way Portal (1)
    =206

Heavy Support: 225 pts

Ravager (1)
    +Night Shield (1)
    =125

Talos (1)
    =100

Total: 1764

Note:[Shouldn't be a problem that I'm over by 14 pts in friendly games.

Ok, Tactics:

The Dark Eldar Lord and retinue, Wyches, Warp Beats, and Talos all come out of the Web Way Portal. After they come out, they try to assault.

The Reaver Jetbikes speed boost 24" the first turn, and second turn let out the portal. At least one of the squads should of survived, so it should be reliable that the portal is set. After that, the jetbikes can assault and/or go tank hunting.

The Warrior squads provide a strong fire base, and with the Dark Lances can take out heavy infantry and vehicles.

The Ravager is for fire support, and hopefully the Night Shield can help it stay alive longer.

Ben
    ----
    Edit: I was reading on another board where it said that Bikes can't take the WWP. If this is true, then my list is kind've...messed up. Maybe when I have some more time I'll fix it, but for now I'd just like clarification on this. Thanks.

Last edited by brushman; March 15th, 2006 at 05:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

You read right. Reavers can't take WWPs.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You made my favorite mistake. You can't take 2 darklances in a raider squad. You can only take 1 heavy weapon.
    --------------------------
    W/L/D
    Dark Eldar: 1/1/1
    1st game Dark Eldar Vrs. Blood Angels. Result = Draw
    2nd game DE Vrs. BA Result = DE victory
    3rd game DE Vrs. BA Result = DE loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

If someone does make a fuss about being 14 points over, just take out a warp beast. Definately get rid of the warriors from the retunue that don't have splinter cannons. What use are rapid fire weapons in an assault squad? Give the ravager 3 disintergrators. Since your not in a webway portal army, the talos is useless, you should remove it, maybe for another ravager but if you want more cc, maybe a raider squad with sybarte with agoniser or something. As said before, raider squads can only have 1 heavy weapon + 1 special weapon, so you'll have to remove 3 lances. I think this rule is to prevent people from having squads like: 'Sybarite with agoniser, 2 splinter cannons, 2 blasters.' Because that would be abused alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the number of skimmers you have, you could get away without WWPs. Thought helpful they aren't necessary. And since RJBs can't deploy them you don't loose anything.

HQs.
    You need a ride for these guys. Incubi can't FoF so you can expect every unit he has to shoot at them. Even coming out of a WWP, I'd bet they don't survive too long. Give them a Raider Sqds ride. Warriors in a retinue are a personal choice. If you like them leave em in.

Elites.
    Wyches on foot = dead Wyches even coming out of a WWP. Anyone you fight with any common sense will just get 15" away and shoot you when you come out. Of course that would change if a squad has 12" assault for the drug roll. Since you all ready figured in the the points for the DLs, turn 2 of the Raider Sqds into Sniper Sqds.

Troops.
    Move the Raiders to the Wyches and Lord make them Snipers

Fast.
    At 3 strong a RJB squad is lousy in the assault. Not big enough for a massacre and too small to have any staying power. If you can't beef them up to 6, drop the Succubi and make them tankhunters. If you keep the Succubi, drop the Agonizer and go with a Torm Helm/PW since RJBs are STR4 anyways.

HS
    Night shields really only help against HBs. A Lascannon or ML will still nail it as they have a 48" range. I don't use them but if they work for who you fight keep em in.

Talos - I like to use mine even in a skimmer heavy list. Great for capturing objectives/table quarters if nothing else.

Though 14 points doesn't seem like much, you really should field at or below the points limit you state. If 14 is OK with you, would you object to your opponent showing up 15 over? How about 16? 17? 20? 25? 50? 100? Just a personal deal with me as I build lists for upcoming RTTs where even 1 point over is a no go. I don't mind if my opponent is a few over in a friendly game but I don't exceed it myself.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I don't like going more than 1 over, if someone makes a fuss over one point, thats just silly, its not like 1 points is a real advantage. I am completely fine with anyone going up to 4points over and still ok up to 7 points over, anything more, they should just write the list more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread