1850, probably one of the fastest, scariest armies possible. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    EMP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850, probably one of the fastest, scariest armies possible.

Okay so maybe I oversold it, but you be the judge.

Dracite
    plasma grenades
    Hell mask
    Punisher
    Tormentor helm
    Trophy rack
    Combat drugs
    Shadow field

Dracite
    Hell mask
    Punisher
    Tormentor helm
    Trophy rack
    Combat drugs

11 wyches with wych weapons and 1 blaster
    +succubus with agoniser and pistol

11 wyches with wych weapons and 2 blasters

5 warp beast
    +beastmaster with agoniser and pistol

5 warp beast

5 warp beast

5 warp beast

5 Reaver Jetbikes with 2 blasters
    +Reaver succubus with powerweapon and tormentor helm.

3 Reaver Jetbikes with 2 blasters
    +Reaver succubus with powerweapon and tormentor helm.

10 warriors with 2 dark lances

6 mandrakes

1850, exactly 100 models, 2 dark lances, 9 blasters, 12 nastyweps (agonisers, punishers, powerweapons)

So basically this army has 4 squads of cavalry-movement warp beasts, 6 squads rolling wych drugs and 2 HQs that can choose to charge 12 after fleeting. Basically I'd use cover as much as possible and play it like a tyranid army. Moving up behind cover as quickly as possible, superboosting the jetbikes and hopefully getting some turn 2 charges. I know that almost all of my models are as thin as paper, but with 100 of them and an almost certain turn 2 charge for some of them, I hope to survive the initial shooting. I might try to fit a nightmare doll in there to try to get good cover.

The mandrakes are in there to support squads in CC if I need them, but can also sit in 4+ area terrain and enjoy a 2+ invuln for board capture.

Thanks for looking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

You're running almost a hundred models up the board, but relying on a 6+ save. Any kind of fire power army will eat you unless you play with a large amount of terrain. You really should try a WWP army if you want to use a lot of wyches.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX
    You're running almost a hundred models up the board, but relying on a 6+ save. Any kind of fire power army will eat you unless you play with a large amount of terrain. You really should try a WWP army if you want to use a lot of wyches.
    The rules say that 1/4 of the board should have some kind of terrain on it. So if he's playing by the rules... you get the picture. The game was playtested with this much terrain, so It realy makes games alot funner anf fairer with that much terrain .

Anyway, you realy need more dark lances, two is not going to cut it, especially because they are in a single squad of ten T3/5+ moddels. Two marine squads shoot at your squad, blamph, all your long ranged anti-tank is gone. This gives your opponents tanks a major advantage-- espesially his transports(because transports have low armor, and long ranged AT guns are the bane of their existance--literally, when you have no long ranged AT, this gives them awesome manuverability and freedom).

To solve this, I would drop the mandrakes(a smart opponent will just ignore these guys/gals) and all the reavers(they don't rally have a place in this army, they need support in cc, but your troops can't get there fast enough) and buy two(?) sniper squads more. With leftover points, beef the warrior squads up.

Good luck
    -Psipher
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Psipher19
    The rules say that 1/4 of the board should have some kind of terrain on it. So if he's playing by the rules... you get the picture. The game was playtested with this much terrain, so It realy makes games alot funner anf fairer with that much terrain .
    If he's playing by the rules he's still trying to use 1/6th of the board (half of which should be placed by his opponent and so likely will not be in a good spot for him) to cover for over a hundred models.

Playing with more terrain than the book suggests is not fairer if that's what you're suggesting. It might be more advantageous to the list, but that's a weakness of the list, not an advantage or fair play.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is pretty cool but you would be devastated if you were up against an all Leman Russ armoured company. That would be a great battle report.

+ Reply to Thread