My first list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first list 750p. Friendly

I am starting up on tyranids, and in the process of planing which minis to buy. What do you all think of a list like this:

HQ
    Broodlord with feeder tendrils and extended carapace: 83p
    6 genestealers with scything talons: 120p

Elites:
    3 warriors with enhanced senses and scything talons.
    One with venom canon, one with barbed strangler, and one with deathspitter:93p

3 warriors with leaping, rending claws and devourerers: 99p

Troops:
    10 termagaunts: 60p
    13 hormagaunts with toxin sacs (+1s): 156p
    3 ripper swarms with leaping: 42p

Fast attack:
    8 gargoyles: 96p

Total: 749points

I know a lot of people think feeder tendrils is not a good biomorph, but i allready converted my broody so his biomorphs is not up for questioning. Hope to get some constructive criticism. And hi to everyone on the tyranid forum.

Last edited by Pedro; March 21st, 2006 at 03:56. Reason: Posting rules
    PREDATOR PREY

MedusaV- a world will be eaten! hrrmp

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry bout breaking rules

How do i change the title in the forum to include pointcost and use.
    Last edited by Pedro; March 21st, 2006 at 04:27.
    PREDATOR PREY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Just as a general pointer what type of armies do your friends play? It allows us to guess the weapons and tactics you'll be going up against and provide tips and points of interest for certain units.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    HQ
    Broodlord with feeder tendrils and extended carapace: 83p
    6 genestealers with scything talons: 120p
    Genestealers without a 4+ save means that if your going up against Space Marines, Tau or anyone who has ap5 in thier standard squad, they're not going to make it through the first turn.

Elites:
    3 warriors with enhanced senses and scything talons.
    One with venom canon, one with barbed strangler, and one with deathspitter:93p
    Slightly illegal you can have either a Vennom Canon or a Barbed Strangler not both in a squad (VC for tanks, BS for squads)
    Second note: I would extend there saves like the Genestealers to a 4+

3 warriors with leaping, rending claws and devourerers: 99p
    Wow these look great again I would extend the save to a 4+ but otherwise yummy. However for a slightly more expensive version you could have raveners which are faster have more attacks in both shooting and CC better WS and can deepstrike! Up to you.

Fast attack:
    8 gargoyles: 96p
    Finally someone who's got the cash to use these babies. Love them..

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now for the dread adversarys i am facing.
    Farseer Sareid who likes to deploy his whole DE army in ravagers, as seen in votewar mk.2
    Arakiaz with his kroots
    In adition to that IG an Iron Legion.
    PREDATOR PREY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

And dont forget Arkiaz´ suit happy mech tau!

Personally, I think that you should drop the broodlord in a game this small, and get yourself a biovore brood and some bigger gaunt broods. That would work way better I think.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I'll say drop the Broodlord and get a HT instead, get rid of the gargoyles they are not worth being taken.

I'll rather go for more gaunts and perhaps some Bioveres they are actually quite good.

Sareld: Yes I uses a lot of suits and is max meching my army at the moment
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starters, a Broodlord is quite expensive for small games, I'd go with more warriors instead. But if you want to keep the broodlord, you really should change the scything talons for some extended carapace. This is especially important in small games, as genestealers can usually tear anything to pieces without the extra attack.

As carnifexus said, the warrior squad is illegal. As you're facing DE and Tau, I would keep the venomcannon and give both the other warriors deathspitters. They'll also need enhanced senses, toxin sacs and extended carapace, this is how I run my warriors and they're great. If you have extra rending claws, it would be worth it to switch the scything talons for rending claws.

Then there's the CC warriors, since they have leaping they really shouldnt be sporting guns, the extra attack is far better, cheaper too and with devourers your enemy will just remove his casualties from the front of his units, which might just mean that you cant reach him in the assault phase. These warriors should also get extended carapace, and yes, bolters DO scare me.

Personally I prefer spinegaunts over termagaunts, but as long as you dont give them any upgrades it doesnt make much difference. Personally I dont like gargoyles or rippers, I'd much rather buy more hormagaunts and spine/termagaunts, also, for me it hasnt paid to upgrade my hormagaunts, and the only upgrade that almost paid off was the adrenal glands (I).

Over all the list is ok, lots of synapse and a fair body count, but I dont think it stands much chance against mech Tau or DE, you really really need some more guns, a carnifex with enhanced senses, barbed stranglers and a venom cannon would be good, you might want to upgrade either its save or T.
    If you want to tool your army against fast armies, lots of venom cannons are the way to go, maybe the CC warriors should carry one too?

Overall, I'd lose the broodlord, give both warrior squads venomcannons and extended carapace, drop the rippers for more gaunts (without upgrades) and fit in a gunfex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Now I have better time to give you advises.

The armies you are facing is Tau: shooty mech army, which means that you will face a lot of suits, armour and rapid firring fire warriors. Best tip here is to get something to shoot the devilfishes on their way. And else go for cc as Tau is very poor in cc

Dark Eldar: A very fast, cc army, which will be in cc in round two if not before. My advise here is simply to shoot down the raiders even nids are dead if DE (wyches) reach cc.

Iron Warriors: I don't know exactly what he will bring except for terminators, daemons and havocs. And I actually think that he is playing Black Legion now

IG: He is going for max infantry with lots of heavy weapons and therefor you have to get into cc with him fast, because IG is as bad as Tau in cc, but he have a lot of wounds you have to get though but you will probably not have a lot of problems with him because he is poor at putting lists together.

In general you have to use some shooty nids, probably warriors and have a lot of cc units and a lot of gaunts to tie up tough units in cc and avoid you important nids being rapid fired

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I haven't read the entire 4ed codex for nids but this is my 750 pts list:

HQ: 165 pts
    Hive Tyrant
    +Venom Cannon
    + Lash Whip & Bonesword
    +Enhanced Senses
    + Warp Field

Elite: 85 pts
    3 Warriors
    +Venom Cannon
    +2 Death splitters
    + 3 Enhanced Senses
    + 3 Extended Carapaces

Troop: 300 pts
    20 Spinegaunts
    20 Spinegaunts
    20 Spinegaunts

Fast: 96
    2 Ravengers
    + Two set of Scything Talons
    + Devourers

Heavy: 104
    2 Bioveres
    + Toxin Spore mines

Total: 750

I actually thinks that it might be alright, but I'm not sure. Perhaps some of the more experienced nid players could advise you better, but I've tried my best now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list:
    The tyrant is a jack of all trades, and therefore a master of none.
    The bonesword is only good if you have large amounts of hormagaunts or similar critters in CC and the venom cannon would be so much better with toxin sacs.

The warriors arent legal, each warrior has to have 2 bioweapons and since they cant fire 2 guns per turn (and twinlinking is very expensive) most people give them either scything talons or rending claws along with the gun. Rending claws are best, and most expensive points and money wise, as you'll have to order extra claws (only 1 set per warrior box).
    So give them all either talons or claws to make them legal.

The deathspitter/venomcannon combi is good for an antivehicle role, although you should use gunfexes against armour 14. But ff you want their shooting to be effective, they will also need toxin sacs, give them this upgrade and landspeeders, rhinoes and chimeras shouldnt give you much trouble.

I use spinegaunts for meatshields and to tie up enemy units until my CC experts get there, so 60 of them and no genestealers seems silly.

Raveners should always take rending claws, they're not much more expensive then 2x talons and they make the raveners way more dangerous, do the math, 4 attacks (5 on the assault) with rending... thats nasty. The devourers arent worth it, you have to assault the unit you shoot at and thus you run the risk of not being able to make it into combat, besides you should be making fleet of claw rolls instead of shooting.

A lot of people dont like biovores and I'm one of them, not because the biovores are bad but the other heavy support choices are just so much better.
    For instance a carnifex with enhanced senses and 2 twinlinked devourers (8 shots with rerolls to hit AND to wound) is only 113pts, thats 9pts more.

My suggestion:
    I'd remake the tyrant for CC, 2x scything talons, wings and warpfield, this costs 166pts and in 750pts he's more than a match for most characters and units. For bigger games throw some more biomorphs at him to take him to around 200pts and he'll stay on top.

The warriors should keep their guns, senses and carapace, in addition they should take toxin sacs and scything talons to make them legal, this would take them to 118pts.

As for troops, go with 2 x 10 hormagaunts dont worry about synapse, the tyrant will keep up with them. 2 x 10 spine gaunts for meatshields should do well, if keept within synapse range, which shouldnt be a problem, they can tie up units for a while. This comes to 300pts.

The raverners should take scything talons and rending claws, this would reduce their cost to 80pts, you should split them up into 2 seperate units.

This leaves you with 86pts to spend, I'd get a 2 raveners and then organise your raveners into 2 units of 2.

This would make for a very fast army, you could change the remaining spinegaunts into hormagaunts to make it even faster, leaving only your warriors behind... if this want, you could give your warriors scything talons, rending claws, leaping, extended carapace, +1 WS and 1 taking them to 120pts, which makes the army and even 750 and makes it very very fast indeed. The only weakness is antitank, which is the only argument against loosing the shooty warriors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast