1500 pt. speed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 pt. speed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt. speed

HQ

Hive Tyrant
    +winged
    +EC
    +AG both
    +ST x2
    +TS

Broodlord
    +EC

Retinue
    8 Genestealers
    +EC

Troops

21 hormagaunts

16 Hormagaunts
    +TS
    +adrenal glands (both)

Elites

1 Lictors

3 Warriors
    +leaping
    +TS
    +AG both
    +RC & ST

3 warrios
    +ES
    +TS
    +venomcannon
    +2 deathspitters
    +3 spinefists

Fast

3 Raveners
    +RC & ST
    +deathspitter

Heavy

Carnifex
    +Venom cannonx2
    +ES
    +EC

What do you think?...now?

Last edited by flyingwarpig; March 25th, 2006 at 20:08.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwarpig
    HQ

Broodlord
    +TS
    +EC

Retinue
    8 Genestealers
    +EC
    +TS
    +ST
    Really Surprised not to see a flying Hive Tyrant in here. You seem to have stuck to the standed fast creatures without biomorphing some very impressive creatures into fast Creatures. A flying Hive Tyrant with either TL Devourers or Scything talons and 4wounds with a 2+ save is scary. And will draw some of the heavier weapons away from other creatures. It also gives you a Montrous Creature to help deal with armour.

Consider dropping the toxin sacs to give you some points rending really is all you need.

14 Hormagaunts x2
    +TS
    +adrenal glands (both)
    +EC
    I would drop all the biomorphs and take another squad. The main aim of these guys is to tie up the front lines let the raveners run through destroying stuff. Besides there all ready super effective the way they are.

Fast

3 Raveners x2
    +RC & ST
    +deathspitter
    Consider some diversity here. I wouild take a squad of Raveners with devourers, a squad with spitters and then grab a whole bunch of gargoyles. if dice rolls go there way they can assault 30" on the first turn. min 20"

Heavy

3 Zoanthropes
    +Synapse
    +Warp Blast

3 toxin vores
    To make room for these changes your going to need to drop something I'd suggest a Zoan and the Vores. simply because you need the synapse so hopefully 2 Zoans a Broodlord and a flying HT can cover that. If you care about the fluff theres most likely no way that biovores could keep up with a squad like this.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ

Broodlord
    +TS
    +EC

Retinue
    8 Genestealers
    +EC
    +TS
    +ST

You need to find lots of point in ur list to beef up ur troop section and get some Warriors on the go.

Firstly, ur Broodlord or stealers dont really need Toxic Sacs they are strong enough already, and stealers dont need Talons either, they have enough attacks to tear things up esp for an extra 4pts per model.

Also, get a tyrant. These guys are one of the strongest HQ characters in the game and are always a must. Have a look at some peoples list and decided wat u like. I prefer Flying as they are scary as and can help troops out.

Troops

14 Hormagaunts x2
    +TS
    +adrenal glands (both)
    +EC
    UBERgaunts are great troop killers (IMO tho it is debated) but they are still weak gaunts that get killed by EVERYTHING. Only take 1 squad of these guys, drop the EC, a 5+ save isnt going to save many more esp with bolters AP5, loose it, get more gaunts and i'd recommend taking the +WS gland, 4's are good enough really but thats personal preference.

Also, i'd highly recommend either take another squad of normal horms to go infront of these UBERgaunts and / or something cheap like 5pt Spinegaunts who love taking one for the hive. This way u will make sure u get most of ur expensive troops into combat without giving away too many VP's.

Elites

3 Lictors

Any tyranid player on here will tell u Lictors dont do sh*t. They are mostly there to scare the enemy but nearly always die as soon as they come out. The ONLY time u should take more than 1 is if ur playing a mission where loads of ur troops start in reserve (esp if its only troops allowed to start :-/)

Take some Warriors instead. Maybe some tooled up leaping warriors to help / charge up with the Raveners and keep synaphse with the troops. Or some flying ones to go with a Fly Hive Tyrant.

Heavy

3 Zoanthropes
    +Synapse
    +Warp Blast

3 toxin vores

Same with Vores. These guys have been heavy neutered this version, (imo) loose them or atlease 1 or 2 of them. Take a nice cheap GunFex with a Vemon Cannon (or two) to kill tanks. U need some armour popping. One Assault Cannoned LandSpeeder and ur gonna be hurting. (Plus it always scares the enemy to see a 'Fex on the board :-))

Hope that doesnt come across too harsh.

-w00kie
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ,
    This is just what i neede to hear, good constructive crit is always wellcome

to point something out i prolly should have mentioned i play orcs ALOT and i would switch up the army list some against anything else, i figured the only thing with armor i really had to worry about was his stolen Leman Russ x_x

But thx again ill revise it sooner or later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

HQ

Hive Tyrant
    +winged
    +EC
    +AG both
    +ST x2
    +TS
    can't have both +EC and wings give him a warp field

21 hormagaunts
    split them up into 2 groups

16 Hormagaunts
    +TS
    +adrenal glands (both)

3 Warriors
    +leaping
    +TS
    +AG both
    +RC & ST
    If you've got enough synapse raveners would be better. there faster and more attacks however only a 5+ armour save.

3 warrios
    +ES
    +TS
    +venomcannon
    +2 deathspitters
    +3 spinefists
    These need the BS upgrade. plus consider your maximum strength is 7 so against armour 10 thats ok, but maybe these could be troop killers devourers and a barbed strangler.

Carnifex
    +Venom cannonx2
    +ES
    +EC
    again give him the BS upgrade. lose a venom cannon for a BS and give him another wound. this way you can penetrate closed top vehicles.

Carni

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifexus
    can't have both +EC and wings give him a warp field

split them up into 2 groups

consider swapping your suped up hormagaunts for more genestealers, this way you've still got genestealers even if your broodlord and retinue get wiped out plus there more effective than hormies

If you've got enough synapse raveners would be better. there faster and more attacks however only a 5+ armour save.

These need the BS upgrade. plus consider your maximum strength is 7 so against armour 10 thats ok, but maybe these could be troop killers devourers and a barbed strangler.

again give him the BS upgrade. lose a venom cannon for a BS and give him another wound. this way you can penetrate closed top vehicles.

Carni
    Carni, do u have a list up? There are so many pages i cant be arsed scrolling through them all. I take it u run a mostly Genestealer and shooty army.

Obviously tyranids are so versatile you can play them a few ways so really war pig u need to decide how u are going to play them, swarmy, shooty, heavy (more warriors and raveners etc) or monstrous.

I'm a swarmy player so my troops do all the troop killing and so i need the venom cannons to pop any armour.

But anyway, Like Carni sed, Ur tyrant cant have EC and wings but imo i think 3+ is quite good enough and prefer to give him catalyst then warp field depending on the army. He usually dies anyway cos hes picked on and cataylst on ur UBERgaunts will take out HQ's esp if u back him up with the Lictors Feeding Tendrils (Wat would u prefer getting Power weaponed, a gaunt or a tyrant?) but try experimenting with wat works for u. But i'd take Shadows of the warp for against Psyk heavy armies like Eldar and say Psychic Scream for... low moral armies like orks.

Next, defo split up the horms, tyranids dont need big units cos of the synapse they dont run from losses anyway, plus it'll give u more flexibility, when ur behind the lines and just decideding wat to eat next.

I still prefer the UBERgaunts to genestealers (tho i do take both) but again, try both and see wat u prefer. Being an ork player u might be used to 'smaller' stronger units then loads of slighty weaker.

But i dont agree on the raveners. Take 1 or 2 for CC deepstriking if u want but imo they arnt better than leaping warriors. They are both the same cost and the Raveners have 1 extra attack but, Warriors are +1strength, 1+initiative, synapse (to keep ur troops in line -remember, its quite a long board) and PLUS, they cant get instant killed. Watch ur raveners get Lascannoned to and hidden powerfisted to death.

And the shooty warriors, imo, keep the venom, they can only pen armour 10 but if u've versed a land speeder with an assault cannon or an eldar viper u'll wish u'd of taken a cannon. Let the rendering take care of big things on the ground cos its bloody hard to tear a skimmer out of the air. Tho depending on who ur playing u may want to get rid of the twinlinked vemon on the carni and give him a barb instead. Depends how much metal is on the board.

-w00kie
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by w00kie
    Carni, do u have a list up? There are so many pages i cant be arsed scrolling through them all. I take it u run a mostly Genestealer and shooty army.
    I'm a swarmy player so my troops do all the troop killing and so i need the venom cannons to pop any armour.
    I'm mainly Godzilla list, I've had huge succes with it troops are spine guants and Hormies with a brood lord retinue. Lately i've been playing combat patrol so I can't take any of my Big Bugs.... I think its a deliberate tactic by my opponents.

But anyway, Like Carni sed, Ur tyrant cant have EC and wings but imo i think 3+ is quite good enough and prefer to give him catalyst then warp field depending on the army.
    My Flying Hive Tyrant with a 2+ Save is the main reason why my opponents don't like my god'zilla list. This guy generally kills 300-400 points a game. (last game 2 wraiths 2 IG squads hellhound (immobilised) and a chimera) necron and IG vs Tyranids (stay away you fluff meisters)

But i dont agree on the raveners. Take 1 or 2 for CC deepstriking if u want but imo they arnt better than leaping warriors. They are both the same cost and the Raveners have 1 extra attack but, Warriors are +1strength, 1+initiative, synapse (to keep ur troops in line -remember, its quite a long board) and PLUS, they cant get instant killed. Watch ur raveners get Lascannoned to and hidden powerfisted to death.
    Raveners are really weak. Bolters do a great job of messing them up. I generally use the walking wall technique to hide them then they close the last 19" like lightning. they are just so good in close combat. 40 points for 5 attacks on the charge with rending and a fast charge. But its not suited to all armies.

And the shooty warriors, imo, keep the venom, they can only pen armour 10 but if u've versed a land speeder with an assault cannon or an eldar viper u'll wish u'd of taken a cannon. Let the rendering take care of big things on the ground cos its bloody hard to tear a skimmer out of the air. Tho depending on who ur playing u may want to get rid of the twinlinked vemon on the carni and give him a barb instead. Depends how much metal is on the board.
    Again warriors are a jack of all trades and not a master of any. So if you need a jack to fill alot of gaps or help make up numbers in some gaps there fine. If your tooling them specific check around theres probably a model better suited to it. Shooty warriors = a walking Hive Tyrant, Stronget better BS for about the same cost better save to.

Carni
    Last edited by Carnifexus; March 26th, 2006 at 21:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm mainly Godzilla list, I've had huge succes with it troops are spine guants and Hormies with a brood lord retinue. Lately i've been playing combat patrol so I can't take any of my Big Bugs.... I think its a deliberate tactic by my opponents.
    Any chance u can post ur list? I'm curious. I'm guessing u run 2 carnifexs, 2 hive tyrants (walking and winged) about 3 raveners, a squad of spines and a squad of horms.

My Flying Hive Tyrant with a 2+ Save is the main reason why my opponents don't like my god'zilla list. This guy generally kills 300-400 points a game. (last game 2 wraiths 2 IG squads hellhound (immobilised) and a chimera) necron and IG vs Tyranids (stay away you fluff meisters)
    But did he kill loads just cos he has an extra +1 save or just cos hes a general double 'ard bar-steward?

Shooty warriors = a walking Hive Tyrant, Stronget better BS for about the same cost better save to.
    True, but shooty warriors dont take up a HQ space of which i already have 2....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Posted my army for ym last game for you.

Carni

+ Reply to Thread