1000 Pts nids(revised) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Pts nids(revised)

This is a revised list of my old idea. plz comment

1 Hive Tyrant :177
    Winged, Warp Field, Scything Talons, Rending Claw, Adrenal Glands (+1 ini)

3 Tyranids Warrior :114
    Scything Talons, Rending claws, Leaping, Extended Carapace, Adrenal Glands(+1ini).

8 Genestealers :160
    Extended Carapace

Extended Carapace

14 Hormagaunts :140

14 Termagant(fleshborer) :84

1 Carnifex(Gunfex): 163
    -Enhanced sense
    -venom cannon
    -barbed cannon
    -reinforced chitin

Total: 998 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by thalandors
    Drop the termagaunts to Spinegaunts (save 14pts basically just as good)
    Get rid of the rending claws on the Hive tyrant chuck in another set of scything add +1WS and toxic Miasma and you have 1000 point army.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Carnifexus said drop the Rending Claws as + 1 attack will help much more considering the Tyrant is already hitting with power weapon attacks for being a monsterous creature.

As for the gaunts, I'd keep them as termagaunts. Unless your fighting an army with WS of 5 or more then don't bother. You will be hitting on 4's or threes against just about anything and your enemy the same. If you take spine gaunts your wounding on 4's only against T 3 models so when facing marines or any other unit with T4 you will be wounding on 5's. Personally I like the +1 Str. to pack either 4's to wound on marines or 3's to wound on any T3 unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop rending claws, they actually are worse for your tyrant (dont get me into a long conversation about why) add scything talons and personally i would use toxins sacs and adrenal glands ws instead of ag I, but its up to you

3 Tyranids Warrior :114
    Scything Talons, Rending claws, Leaping, Extended Carapace, Adrenal Glands(+1ini).
    good cheap and effective, i usualy go overboard with upgrades, but this has all the needed ones.

Extended Carapace

Extended Carapace

14 Hormagaunts :140

perfictly fine, I gennerally add more upgrades to genes and hormas, but thats only my style

-Enhanced sense
    -venom cannon
    -barbed cannon
    -reinforced chitin

good got all the neccesary biomorphs and imo the best of the survivability biomorphs

Your list seams pretty good only things id tweak is the tyrant, maybe drop a termaguant to afford the extra points.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

[QUOTE=bloodthirst]drop rending claws, they actually are worse for your tyrant (dont get me into a long conversation about why)
    No lets, why do people think rending is useless on a tyrant.

lets take a look

1 Tyrant is max strength 6, not brilliant when facing tough AV vehicles even with 2D6, you need a minimum of 6 to just glance an AV12 vehicle and 8 to Glance any AV14 and 8 is not easy on 2D6.
    With rending you get 3D6 penetration on a roll of 6 on the penetration roll (try rolling 8 on 3D6 and see how much easier it is)and that is way better odds for destroying the vehicle as your odds for getting a damage roll on the penetrating table are so much better (50% chance of destruction).

STR6 will wound TGH4 models on 2+ granted (if you upgrade the Tyrant that is) but what happens when you fight a TGH6 or higher model (of which there are more than a few), and what about those high weapon skill models most characters are WS4 minimum usually 5 and a lot are WS6 so thats 4+ to even hit and 4+ to wound not good odds with 4 attacks with scything talons(5 if your charging) 4+ 50% miss=2 hits average and 50% miss on wound =1 save for the enemy modle, if your using your Tyrant for CC you want and need an edge well Rending gives an edge.
    No matter what the toughness or weapon skill of the opponent if the Tyrant roles a 6 on his to hit the model is wounded no need for a wound roll couple that with implant attack and thats two wounds gone like that, even with an inv save the odds are better. I have taken out Daemon princes with my tyrant in one round of CC to the chaos players amazement, try taking out a wraithlord with a normal ST equiped tyrant, I have taken them out with rending and implant attack.

2 Points cost Rending claws are half the points of scything talons and for the points are the biggest bargain in the tyrant list (obviously for CC Tyrants) that extra attack may seem worthwhile if you want to take out an extra troop but I find the Rending is of greater use for the tasks a tyrant should be used for tough AV armour and tough character killing.

I would rather lose the extra attack and have the advantages of rending, its amazing how often those sixes turn up when you need em, yes it may seem pointless if your targeting infantry as MC's disregard armour saves, but Tyrants dont just fight infantry and its nice to have an ultra efficient armour killer in your list or that killer edge when your opponent sends his top character in to take out your Tyrant.

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I believe a lot of people here can see what your saying and you have some good points. However in a 1000 pts battle there wont be all that many enemies at T 6 and up. As for vehicels, thats what the carnifex is for. Also with the scything talons you get 5 attepts at that 6 or 8 for penitration.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Malevich
    Ok, I believe a lot of people here can see what your saying and you have some good points. However in a 1000 pts battle there wont be all that many enemies at T 6 and up. As for vehicels, thats what the carnifex is for. Also with the scything talons you get 5 attepts at that 6 or 8 for penitration.
    Yep totaly accepted I would go for a shooty devourer Tyrant in 1000pts, carnifexes are not good armour killers the Venom cannon is not brilliant and they are to slow to get into CC with them, they are much better used with devourers or barbed stranglers as infantry killers, as for the Tyrants attacks yes you get one more attack but the odds for destruction with rending are much higher and you get 4 attempts on the charge. I can live without 1 attack but the rending is to useful to disregard on a CC tyrant at 1500pts or higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With rending you get 3D6 penetration on a roll of 6 on the penetration roll (try rolling 8 on 3D6 and see how much easier it is)and that is way better odds for destroying the vehicle as your odds for getting a damage roll on the penetrating table are so much better (50% chance of destruction).
    The trouble with this is the monstrous creature rules, adding a rending claw will count as a special rule, and so becauuse of this special rule they lose there extra d6 vs armour (pg55 bgb). And even if this wasnt tha case you got to be pretty lucky/ unlucky to get a 6 and a 1,(so you dont get 8 for glancing and get rending, now someone compare the probability of a 6 and 1 with two dice compared to 8 or more with two dice)

STR6 will wound TGH4 models on 2+ granted (if you upgrade the Tyrant that is) but what happens when you fight a TGH6 or higher model (of which there are more than a few), and what about those high weapon skill models most characters are WS4 minimum usually 5 and a lot are WS6 so thats 4+ to even hit and 4+ to wound not good odds with 4 attacks with scything talons(5 if your charging) 4+ 50% miss=2 hits average and 50% miss on wound =1 save for the enemy modle, if your using your Tyrant for CC you want and need an edge well Rending gives an edge. No matter what the toughness or weapon skill of the opponent if the Tyrant roles a 6 on his to hit the model is wounded no need for a wound roll couple that with implant attack and thats two wounds gone like that
    ok as you name me some ws6 t6 charators im fine wth you statement other thant it 6 attacks if your charging with scything talons(and you rounded 2.5 down)so thats 3 hit 1.5 wound so rounded up thats 2 wounds and since you were on about implant attack thats 4 wounds, hmm.. double the wounds must be rubbish

I have taken out Daemon princes with my tyrant in one round of CC to the chaos players amazement,
    You must have been quite lucky because the average on charge is 4 wound and thats vs a chaos lord with nothing when y 2 Points cost Rending claws are half the points of scything talons and for the points are the biggest bargain in the tyrant list (obviously for CC Tyrants) that extra attack may seem worthwhile if you want to take out an extra troop but I find the
    Rending is of greater use for the tasks a tyrant should be used for tough AV armour and tough character killing.
    as i have hopefully proved its worse vs armour and about the same vs characters, why should a cc tyrant be used against tough armour values, i mean its got max strength 6 as you have said and zoans and carnies have lot better weapons than that and theyve got range. A hammerhead is tough av why dont you try your cc tyrant against that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just figure Id add my two cents in and hopefully not get much change back.

A). There are reasons that point values are the way they are. Things with higher point values attached to them are generally, though not always, better. Having a point value of 2 for a Hive Tyrant tells me that it has barely any use on the beast at all. Its like giving a Carnifex flesh hooks and they are one point a piece. Now I know there will be an argument that there are great low point things, which is why I said generally.

. To role an 8 on 2d6 is actually the third EASIEST thing to do on average. 7 being the easiest and tying with 6 for second place. There are more pairs you can roll for 8 and 6 then all the other numbers with the exception of 7. Ask any craps player and he will tell ya. That means, on average, a tyrant will be rolling a 13 to check for armor penetration. Enough to glance or pen anything except the mightiest of AV.

C). As was noted as well, if a Monstrous Creature has a special ability that gives it extra strength or works specially, it only roles strength +d6 for penetration. So that means, max without rending it could only glance AV12. If it did rend, which is only a 1 in 6 chance of that happening, then it would only be back up to where it was to being with, rolling 2d6. That added to the fact because it has used up the slot, it has one less attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

upgrade to 1500

HQ :203

1 Hive Tyrant :203
    Winged, Warp Field, Scything Talons, Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands (+1 ini,+1ws), Toxic Miasma, Toxin Sac ( I think i spend too much point in biomorph here, but im not sure)

Elite: 353

3 Tyranids Warrior :120
    Scything Talons, Rending claws, Leaping, Extended Carapace, Adrenal Glands(+1ini,+1ws).

3 Tyranids Warrior :120
    Scything Talons, Rending claws, Leaping, Extended Carapace, Adrenal Glands(+1ini,+1ws).

1 Carnifex, 2x TL devourers, Enhanced sense :113

Troops: 651

Extended Carapace

Extended Carapace

16 Hormagaunts :160

16 Termagant(fleshborer) :96

15 SpineGaunt: 75

Heavy: 293

-Enhanced sense