Orkz / 1500 pts / friendly and torney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orkz / 1500 pts / friendly and torney

For the past year i've had my Orks away in boxes, i'm now finishing what i've started. I reckon i'll have a fair few months of gaming before the new codex comes out, thats why i continued finishing my army list.

Of course feel free to post your comments, thats why i posted my list in the first place.

HQ:
    Warboss - ‘eavy armour, slugga & choppa, bosspole, big horns, Waaagh! Banner & cybork body.
    110 pts

Nobz bodyguard - 5 Nobz with ‘eavy armour, 3 with power claw & slugga, 2 with choppa & slugga. 1 bosspoll & 1 big horns.2 with tankbusta bombs.1 Mekboy with ‘eavy armour & kustom force field.
    277 pts

Warboss's trukk - Red paint job, armour plates & big shoota.
    46 pts

ELITES:
    Ard boyz mob - 20 men; Nob with big horns, bosspole & tankbusta bombz. 3 big shooters. Mob armed with sluggas & choppas.
    289 pts

Stomboyz mob - 13 men; Nob with bosspole, big horns & power claw.
    240 pts

TROOPS:
    Slugga boyz mob - 30 men; Nob with big horns, bosspole & tankbusta bombz. 3 big shootas.
    317 pts

Slugga boyz mob - 30 men; Nob with big horns, bosspole & tankbusta bombz. 3 big shootas.
    317 pts

Total of 1596 pts.

I need to drop around 96 pts, i was having probs choosing what to take out. I have allready taken out some stormbyz, but i dont want to take out more or else theres no point in having them in there at all.

I'll take you through the basic battle plan.
    The Warboss and Nobz race ahead in their Trukk, along with the Stormboyz mob. Using all the cover i can of course to block line of sight of the Trukk, and moving the Stormbyz into cover as they advance. The Mekboy in the Trukk will give some protection with his KFF. The enemy will shoot at these advancing units i know, though with careful use of cover, i reckon the shots on the Trukk will be limited. These 2 Mobs will try and charge on turn 2.

Now while the enemy is fireing at the 2 advancing mobz, the foot sloggas are moving steadly up the field, getting some shots off with their B. Shootas. Please note here, i will have 9 Rokkit launcher Orkz also, that i will replace the B. Shoota boyz with if i know i'm facing a tank heavy army.

I will place the Ard boyz mob right up front, along with one of the Slugga mobz. I will place the other Slugga boyz mob slightly begind the other two mobz for mobbing up purposes.

Basicaly the plan is, when against a shooty army, to force the enemy to fire on the two fast units, and so not on the core of my army. Which by the time the Warboss mob and Stormboyz mob are either dead or in CC, my main force should be nearly or at least half the way up the field. Closeing in on the enemy army. I wasn't sure if i should stripe the bodyguard mob down to basic wargear to get rid of those extra pts. Though if in CC, they will need that wargear.

I also wasn't happy with sending over 550 pts worth of men advancing as Distraction units, knowing they will get so many shots fired at them and will die against a clever commander with alot of guns. Any suggestions?

Against a CC army, then WAAAAAGH!! in they go.

Forgive me, its late and i'm really tired, so please forgive any grammer mistakes. Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Well first off my instinct is to make 3 squads of 20 sluggas with what you've got, also I'd hand out some rokkits instead of big shootas, course you can still keep some, just maybe not as many. I've never been crazy about nob squads, since I find they're too expensive, however it does make for a hard hitting team. but what happens if the trukk gets fragged first turn. thats a whole lot of lost points.
    Rather than send the nobs in the trukk, get a trukk full of 9 boyz with a nob and send the warboss in with the. for the points you save you can throw in another trukk if you want. Other than that... You need grots, I'm rathr fond of the little blighters and they make such good shields, plus they're cheap. ah well, just some of my opinion.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Morkai pretty much hit the nail on the head, also you might want to drop a couple of 'ard boyz, also drop the nobz, in favor for 2 squads of 16 grots and a slaver with rokkit nd squigg.. Also drop all the tankbusta bombz and poles in favor off pks, also rokkits are better. This way you have 4 squads of 20 sluggas, 16 'ardboyz, 32 grots, a boss, and 17 rokkits. GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always put a powerfist on your warboss for those strength ten hits.
    If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personaly wouldn't give him a power claw. I'd rather have I 8 when charging and passing my Waaagh test. The choppa is better for a Boss i'd say, since he has the highest I in the army, why make him strike last?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by [Immortal]
    I personaly wouldn't give him a power claw. I'd rather have I 8 when charging and passing my Waaagh test. The choppa is better for a Boss i'd say, since he has the highest I in the army, why make him strike last?
    No, take a pk and a choppa (what will a slugga do) so you can choose I8 with the choppa for easy to kill stuff and pk for tamks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [Immortal]
    Name what weapons have strenght ten hits? Not many, and one of the best ones is hard to hit in an ork mob.
    If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

+ Reply to Thread