Best Eldar City Fight Craftworld/ Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Eldar City Fight Craftworld/ Army List

Ok my friend is building his own cityfight terrain, it is a building with three floors to it. He plans to put one or two armys per floor. I was waundering what would be the best army to fight in such a situation, and please also include a unit list that you would prefer for the army. Thank you and im looking forward to your replies.

Last edited by Kalypso; March 30th, 2006 at 04:16.
    -Do not regret what you cannot change

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

I've never really liked cityfight, simply because the rules (don't know if the new cities of death ones) are biased against certain armies. For example if you play an all Genestealer army against IG in cityfight, you get a load of wonderful coversaves for your Genestealers to help them. What does the shooty army get? Er cover to go first for one round and slightly impeded movement. Basically I've always felt cityfights help CC armies and hinder shooty armies.

A fast CC army would probably reap the most advantages in a cityfight.

The list you can write yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craftworld

Which Craftworld would exceed in this? preferably an Army list that does not have units bigger than a carnifex because he made the doors jsut big enough for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK the other thing city fight gives benefit too is larger armies (number wise)

Therefore best eldar would either be beil tann, as you can put together a really nasty assault force ot Ulthwe cos you can mob up on guardians
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the best weapon in city fight is by far the flamer: and to my knowledge, ulthwe can field the most flamers using a combination of destructor warlocks and storm guardians.

here in canada there is a huge campaign in the summer to be called Medusa V which will be only city fight. however, to balance this "flamer" abuse, they will charge everyone 30pts per flamer weapon.. oh how i'll love my destructor warlocks hehe - just too bad I play biel tan

-Flo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im thinking the best city fight might be usf tons of black gaurdins at close range would be very powerful plus the spear of khaine and a power seer coucil to back up would rock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalypso
    Ok my friend is building his own cityfight terrain, it is a building with three floors to it. He plans to put one or two armys per floor. I was waundering what would be the best army to fight in such a situation, and please also include a list that you would prefer for the army. Thank you and im looking forward to your replies.
    I can say Ulthwe strike force is a whole lot of FUN for city fight, but I'm terrible with it, so I can't judge its effectiveness.

Also, are you asking for people to actually write out an army list for you? Because just in case you are asking that, it's against the rules, and if you aren't asking that, ignore what I just said. Or pay attention. Your call.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confusion

Im not tyring to break the rules... what i mean is what craftworld should i use, and what units would be valuable to that craftworld in this type of terrain... just unit suggestions to inlcude in my army list. I should have written it diffrently sry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalypso
    Im not tyring to break the rules... what i mean is what craftworld should i use, and what units would be valuable to that craftworld in this type of terrain... just unit suggestions to inlcude in my army list. I should have written it diffrently sry.
    No, that was me. I just misunderstood what you meant, and was double checking. My fault. And yeah, I would say Aliatoc are going to be doing quite well in city fight since more enemies use infantry, and a 2+ cover save is quite nice... especially with fortune:w00t:
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-i actually found that shooting armies do very well in city-fight, as there are very long straight firing lanes, that everyone goes down unless they want to trudge through difficult terrain.

-also buldings give eccelent LOS advantages, and make it easy to stick a shooty squad on the top level of a building, and have it be nearly unchargeable by normal moving guys.

-alitatoic would be ideal in these situations, with the firing lines, and their bonus to cover saves, and there are fewer tanks which are immune to disruption rolls.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast