[2000] Highland Tau *my real army* - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

[2000] Highland Tau *my real army*

Ok, that Farsight army is just going to be for fun. This is my 'real' army. It's basically my old one, but with a couple changes.

HQ

Shas’O - 145
    w/ Cyclonic Ion Blaster, Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Multi-Tracker, Irridium Armor, Stimulant Injector *He'll be hard to kill*

Elites
    6 Stealth Suits - 240
    w/ Burst Cannons and Targeting Arrays

2 Crisis Suits - 124
    w/ Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker

2 Crisis Suits - 100
    w/ Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker

Troops
    12 Fire Warriors with Shas’Ui – White Team - 130
    12 Fire Warriors with Shas’Ui – Blue Team - 130
    12 Fire Warriors with Shas’Ui – Red Team - 130
    12 Fire Warriors with Shas’Ui – Black Team - 130
    10 Fire Warriors with Shas’Ui – Brown Team - 110
    18 Kroot - 267
    w/ Shaper, 5 Hounds, 2 Krootox

Fast Attack
    Pathfinders - 201
    w/ 5 Carbines, Shas'Ui, 2 Rail Rifles, Devilfish, Multi-Tracker, Disruption Pod, Flechette Discharger

Heavy Support
    Hammerhead with Railgun, Burst Cannon, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock - 165
    Hammerhead with Ion Cannon, Burst Cannon, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker - 130

Total - 2000 points

Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I was thinking today about making my Commander a little harder to take down.
    Currently, he is set up as follows
    Shas’O - 145
    w/ Cyclonic Ion Blaster, Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Multi-Tracker, Irridium Armor, Stimulant Injector *He'll be hard to kill*

I was thinking about switching that Multi-Tracker to a Hard-Wired slot and giving him a Shield Generator. Thus, he would have a 2+/4+* save, could ignore wounds, and move 7-12" per turn whilist laying down lots of 18" fire.

It would also mean I'm 20 points over. I could fix that by dropping the Rail Rifles in the Pathfinder squad *and losing 2 AP3 shots that could be nice against the common 6-man tactical squads I face*, or drop some Kroot stuffs *2 hounds and a Carnivore*.
    Doing the later would mean I wouldn't have to buy more Kroot *buy a whole box because I need one Carnivore :wacko:*

So what do you think? I know it would pop him up to 165 points and he couldn't do squat against anything tough *Will be using magnets, so he would be able to switch weapons if needed*, but I really like the fact of the 'Hard Mamma-Jamma to Kill'.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im going to be honest with you, he is very hard to kill UNLESS someone like myself pops a str8 ap2 dark lance into him, negates your iridium armor, instant kills your 4 wounds, and ignores your stimulant injector. shield generators would help, but if i shoot 2 u die from 1. My point being this is a good setup but make sure u take it at the right times vs the right armies.
    Dark Eldar (2500)
    Iron Warriors (1500)
    Biel-Tan Eldar(2000)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Revolver
    well im going to be honest with you, he is very hard to kill UNLESS someone like myself pops a str8 ap2 dark lance into him, negates your iridium armor, instant kills your 4 wounds, and ignores your stimulant injector. shield generators would help, but if i shoot 2 u die from 1. My point being this is a good setup but make sure u take it at the right times vs the right armies.
    How does shooting 2 kill him?

One of the points for this I forgot to make is that while the IC status is good and all, I don't like keeping an expensive-ish model *and a good stat at that* back. This allows him to move forward and still be very well protected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i figure 2 shots would kill him because he has th 4+ inv save, which he will pass 1 out of 2 times on average, sorry i guess i should have explained that.
    Dark Eldar (2500)
    Iron Warriors (1500)
    Biel-Tan Eldar(2000)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Looks fine to me. But I don't care for so many firewarriors, too much like throwing paperclips at MEQs. I still disagree with you taking the airburster on a commander, but I know you're not going to be swayed on that one. This army looks like it'd be a nightmare for a swarm army, but MEQ's would find it less threatening. Hmm, the opposite can be said of my army actually, but I run 24 FW's anyway.
    Last edited by mephistophales; April 21st, 2006 at 07:18.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

This is exactly why the circular drone formation is so strong, surround the commander with 8 drones (forget the iridium armour) lose the 10 strong FW squad and those dark lances wont even be able to target him, which pretty much nerfs your point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so i drop some dissintegrator blasts on them or maybe ride up to them with my haemy on jetbike and hit you with a destructor, just because i cant target him directly doesnt mean i cant find ways around it . This is not to discredit your drone strategy, as i personally think that it is a very good one and one that i would use if i played more tau, it is more to credit the dark eldar, as we fear no strategy
    Dark Eldar (2500)
    Iron Warriors (1500)
    Biel-Tan Eldar(2000)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Well I mostly play 'GEQ' armies, and there isn't a Dark Eldar player around here anymore.

I'll try the 8 Gun Drone thing, but it's a little 'cheesey' for me. I know it's perfectly legal, but I mainly play for fun...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

ok so i drop some dissintegrator blasts on them or maybe ride up to them with my haemy on jetbike and hit you with a destructor, just because i cant target him directly doesnt mean i cant find ways around it . This is not to discredit your drone strategy, as i personally think that it is a very good one and one that i would use if i played more tau, it is more to credit the dark eldar, as we fear no strategy
    Oh wow a STR4 weapon that may just may beat my 3+ armour save if it reaches the commander (oh and I have a 4+ inv)and I dont even have to take casualties from under the template so he wont be able to assualt the commander.
    It takes a lot to even catch a commander and it is almost impossible to hit him with shooting (not impossible but it shouldn't be anyway and thats the reason for a shield gen) with a drone squad for protection.
    Dark Eldar are ok if they get into CC but they fall to a good mobile shooting army, I have faced a 2000pt DE army and reduced half the army to walking across the table in the first turn of shooting STR6 submunniton rounds and open topped Raiders dont mix well, same goes for armour save 5+ against 30" pulse rifles. the only thing I dont like about Eldar are Wyches and fexes.As for disintigrators well you cant target the Commander and you have to cover the drones to get to him and small blast templates will only cover 1 or 2 drones at most remember its a circular formation.
    Your right not to discredit the circular drone formation its the best way by far to keep an expensive commander alive.

+ Reply to Thread