[1500pts] Dark Eldar vs Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500pts] Dark Eldar vs Orks

Hello. Im playing a friendly battle soon against orks. Ive never played against orks before and am not sure what my opponent will be using. Tell me how you think this list will do.

Note: All of my sybarites/succubi are not included in the original squad size they are an extra model.

HQ
    Dracon - CDs, PGs, SF, TH, AV, Punisher
    +5 Incubi, 3 warriors- 2 SC
    + Raider

Elites
    7x Wyches, WWs
    +Succubus, Ag, PGs
    +Raider

7xWyches, WWs
    +Succubus, Ag, PGs
    +Raider

Troops
    10xWarriors - 2 DL

14x Warriors - 2 SC
    +Sybarite, PBs

14x Warriors - 2 SC
    +Sybarite, PBs

14x Warriors - 2 SC
    +Sybarite, PBs

Heavy Support
    Talos

Ravager - 3 Dizzies

Thats my list. Tell me what you think. Any suggestions/criticism is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Astronaut; March 30th, 2006 at 06:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

It would be nice if you wouldnt use abreviations...harder to read

HQ
    Good, except warriors will get away with one or max of two shots before your incubi will charge into CC, then warriors become meatshields. I would drop them and make ur HQ all CC, you pay points for SC cause of one or two shots?

Elite
    Wyches need a raider to get into CC fast or if you plan to sit and wait for his men to come to you, thats also an option, just not a really good one since orks have lots of guns

Troops
    Knowing orcs, in a 1.5k battle he will probably use wartruks to transport his men. If he uses wartrucks switch one of the 14 man units into a 10 man sniper unit with lances to deal with the transports
    Heavy
    I dont see the point of talos, he is too slow to charge em and there is no WWP. If its main role is to draw fire, then its a good idea, for anything else a second ravager will do a lot better

Good luck against him, I dont think you will have too much trouble, I played Orks many times and as long as you keep em out of charge distance you will be fine. (Shoot the wartrucks and his HQ) Hq can cause some serious damage to you, take it out after you dealt with wartrucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my wych squads were supposed to be in raiders i just didnt type it. but yes the talos is to draw fire or if it does reach combat can hold its own against a lot. I dont yet have a 2nd ravager but plan on getting one soon. Should i swap the talos for another sniper squad? one alternative i was considering was to have small reaver squads with 2 blasters to tank hunt transports. also i was thinking of dropping an incubus for horrorfexes on my raiders. Im not sure if this is a good idea. Im pretty sure orks dont have very good leadership right? Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I cant believe I am saying this but shredders are actually a good choice against this army. As is the poison blades - make him roll that 6+ armor save :yes:

Watch the agonizers, against orks they are almost a waste especially if you get the +1 S drug effect. Be sure to run this group against the tougher units.

Other good ideas:

Haemys with destructors and scissorhands - they are the anti-ork.

Disintegrators, blast template fun.

Xenospasm, another blast template that will kill and pin at the same time - with leadership 7 or 8 it will be easier than you think when you -1 for each ork hit.

Mask of the Damned, again if they cant charge you you have another round of firing.

Any gun with the word "splinter" in it will deny his troops armor save.

Talos wont need to be fast since the orks are running towards him anyway. Use as a counter charge like behind a squad of warriors then send him in when they get locked in cc. In cc Slugga boyz cant touch him and only a power klaw is dangerous.

Plain and simple - stay out of CC with slugga boyz all 20 of them will wear you down fast. He will want to lock you in cc then "pile-in" as much as possible so try to take his units one at a time. I personally feel your strength against orks is the common splinter rifle and blast weapons. Your CC units alone will not survive, you will have to use 2 squads to fight one of his so you can end the battle as fast as possible before his hordes pile in.

Just some ideas, your list looks good though!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Man! sorry for the double post, not sure how that happened.
    Last edited by KwiKwag; March 31st, 2006 at 19:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Orks are definately an army you want to out shoot.
    Ravagers with Dissies, Troops with Shredders and Destructors all work really well.
    Gunboats with Nightshields are great for rapid firing.
    Shoot up his truckks and scorcha buggies as fast as you can.
    Avoid his worst CC unit (which is not always the Warboss).

Your HQ is barely a match for any of his units in hth. His choppas will increase your incubi saves by 1, meaning they will die much easier. Orks have an obscene number of attacks in CC and large mobs to boot.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread