Start up force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Start up force

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start up force

Im new to these DE and can use all the help you can give right now my money's a little tight stupid junior prom costing me a total $220.:wacko: Alright well Im trying to build up an extremely mobile force that uses a lot of raiders for fly by broadside fire. (passengers fire of of raiders)

HQ- Archon
    -plasma grenades
    -agonizer
    -splinter pistol
    -hell mask
    -combat drugs
    -trophy rack (mostly for conversion work )

? I also have that force field thing with the 2+ inv. save anyone know what that is at school dont have my codex handy?

Troops
    -10 man raider squad with splinter cannon
    Syabrite
    -agonizer
    -plasma grenades

-10 man warrior squads with splinter cannon
    Syabrite
    -agonizer
    -plasma grenades

I paln on mounting the warrior squad in a raider when I get some cash

"They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you've done here is listed the typical loadout for an Archon and 2 Raider Squads. It is kind of hard to comment on what you need to do without a points limit you want to stay under. When going for a drive by shooting squad throw a Blaster on one of the warriors as well. Same range as a SR when the Raider moves and a way better chance of killing something.

Just curious what your plans for that Archon are. at 10 strong, there isn't any room on the Raider for him and he'll never make it into combat on foot. To tell you the truth when below 1K go with a Dracon or even a Haemi to save points. You won't be seeing too many things on the board at those points that he can't kill.

BTW, the "force field thing" is called a Shadowfield.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ollieb
    What you've done here is listed the typical loadout for an Archon and 2 Raider Squads. It is kind of hard to comment on what you need to do without a points limit you want to stay under. When going for a drive by shooting squad throw a Blaster on one of the warriors as well. Same range as a SR when the Raider moves and a way better chance of killing something.

Just curious what your plans for that Archon are. at 10 strong, there isn't any room on the Raider for him and he'll never make it into combat on foot. To tell you the truth when below 1K go with a Dracon or even a Haemi to save points. You won't be seeing too many things on the board at those points that he can't kill.

BTW, the "force field thing" is called a Shadowfield.
    Thanks I know its vague and sorry the raider squad is at 9 to accomidate the archon what I was asking for is im building up to 550pts for a series of games with a friend and was wondering what people thought I should add to get there, I will be adding a raider with a disintigrator for the other squad so what else do people think I should add?
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come on you guys I really need some help here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally like taking a wyche dracite instead of an archon or a dracon. having a 4+ inv is a must if you want him living. in other words, you cant count on the shadowfield. cause once it fails, your archon/dracon is practically dead.

i agree with whats already been posted. add a blaster to your raiders and make sure you have a total of 9 warriors in them so you can add your lord to one when the game starts.

i would also get rid of hell mask and trophy rack. you can still have the conversion on the model for looks but these upgrades arent really necessary, especially on a 550pt game.

lastly just add another raider squad in there if you can. stay away from ellites and heavy support for now. those things come in handy for 750pt games and up.

ex army list:

1 dracite with agoniser, combat drugs, pistol, shadowfield, and plasm nades - 118pts

3 raider squads with the following: 5 warriors. 1 w/ cannon, 1 w/ blaster. 1 sybrite with agonizer. (total of 6 guys on raider)
    raider with DL. these squads are 144pts each

so if you do the math, 3 raider squads and 1 dracite = 550pts

good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i personaly do mostly the same list but i would recommend take a drachite instead of the archon and don't take a shadow field with those points you should be able to get another radier inot the list

+ Reply to Thread