My 1500 necron point list need to be 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 1500 necron point list need to be 1850

Ok so right now my list looks like this it is every thing I have painted minus one more foot Lord I dont think I will be taking. I also did not add any wargear except the destroyer body for one Lord and his warscythe cause he cant not take them hehe. Any other wargear suggestions you got feel free to add. I am taking a trip to my hometown and plan to get some mad game on they use 1850 lists so as you can see I am short.

Lord on foot

Destroyer Lord w/ Warscythe

8 Immortals

28 warriors Need more of these guys?

3 Wraiths Destroyer Lords unit

10 scarabs Should I got with D Fields?

3 Destroyers Maybe fill out this squad?

Heavy Destroyer

OK so that is 1396 with no wargear to speak of I got a bunch of stuff unpainted I could add and I got a pretty quick "Dip" style so I can add pretty much anything in the two weeks I got before I leave.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

I did the math for your list and came up with 1326. I'm not sure what you have available, so I'll just give you a run down of possible combos.

First, give the Foot Lord the Res. This is the one piece of Wargear you should take in every list.

Next, if you can, increase the Immortals to a full squad and add at least 2 (preferrably 12) Warriors to make them into 3(4) 10 man squads.

AS for the Wraiths and Scarabs, taking up 2 of your FA slots for HtH units is probably not a good idea. If you keep the Wraiths, give the DLord the Phase Shifter so they all have INV saves. If you go with the Scarabs, give the DLord a Lightning Field. With Scarabs, it basically gives them an attack even if they get killed before their Init order. The D Fields are up to you, they are a waste if the opponent doesn't have tanks, but extremely effective if they do.

I'd either max out the Destroyer squad or take a second unit of 3.

For the Heavy, never ever take one of a Necron. It negates their WBB ability. If you use them, take at least 3 (seperating the squads)

I don't know if you have a Monolith, but that is a great way to pad points and an effective tank to boot.

Let me see, if you go with this:
    Res Lord
    DLord WarScythe Phase Shifter

40 Warriors

9 Immortals

3 Destroyers
    3 Destroyers
    3 Wraiths

2 Heavy D

This will put you at 1835. You could throw a Phylactery onto the D Lord for the extra points. Another way to go is:

Res Lord
    DLord WarScythe LightField

30 Warriors

10 Immortals

3 Destroyers
    3 Destroyers
    10 Scarabs DFields

Monolith

This will give you 1820. You could get two Phylacteries or a Phase Shifter for one of your Lords.

These are just some suggestions though, since I don't know what you own or plan on buying. Another idea would be to drop one of the Lords and come in with a C'Tan. They are a brutal points sink and can affect your Phase Out number terribly, but they are fun to use and draw a lot of fire away from the rest of your army.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goji

Thanks for the quick reply, once again most of what you say goes along with what I was thinking. Res Orb dont leave home without it, 10 Immortal squads for the win etc. Good point on not having two HtH fast attack squads the only problem being I really want to try out all my shiney new toys. My Wraiths have a sweet Flayed Ones claw conversion and Scarabs well you already know how good they are. I do agree however that Light Field Destroyer Lord with a angry unit of Scarabs and two Destroyer combo is the Min Max choice if I was not playing just for fun. Oh on the subject of playing for fun I do not dig the Monolith model so no go on that one.

So taking your advice into consideration and my own take on some stuff this is what I am thinking of adding to my army. Also as far as models go I have pretty much any necron model chillin unpainted in The Box of Crons. Wife went crazy last Christmas hehe.

Round out Warriors to 40 models.

Fill out Immortal unit to ten models.

Paint the last Heavy Destroyer I have chillin in the Box of Crons

Now onto the list with them changes takin into account plus your wargear suggestions.

Lord w/ Res Orb

Lord w/ Destroyer body, War Scythe, Phase Shifter

20 Warriors

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

10 Immortals

3 Wraiths

10 Scarabs

3 Destroyers

2 Heavy Destroyers

This comes out to 1833 if my high speed Excel spreadsheet is to be believed. The only other things I would like to discuss is using a VoD on the foot Lord maybe and maybe dropping the Heavy Destroyers for two more Regular Destroyers, D Fields on the Scarabs and whatever maybe some wargear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyXJGuy
    Oh on the subject of playing for fun I do not dig the Monolith model so no go on that one.
    Nice, and here I thought I was the only Necron player that didn't like that thing. I admit, it can be a useful addition in some cases, but I prefer overwhelming my opponent with sheer volume of fire. I will suggest it where I think it would do the most good in a list, as alot of people like them though.

Lord w/ Res Orb

Lord w/ Destroyer body, War Scythe, Phase Shifter

20 Warriors

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

10 Immortals

3 Wraiths

10 Scarabs

3 Destroyers

2 Heavy Destroyers
    This comes out to 1833 if my high speed Excel spreadsheet is to be believed.
    1833 is what I come up with too (which is good since I'm working from memory). For a fun list, this will do well. With a 14 Phase Out, you're going to make your opponet really have to work to phase you out.

The only other things I would like to discuss is using a VoD on the foot Lord maybe and maybe dropping the Heavy Destroyers for two more Regular Destroyers, D Fields on the Scarabs and whatever maybe some wargear.
    The VoD is an excellent tool, but I avoid it like the plague. Not that I don't like it, just that I am notoriously bad with it (stupid scatter dice). I would suggest against using it with Warriors for shooting solutions. The VoD makes them count as moving, so you need to get close to be able to shoot anything and that could lead to a scatter disaster. Objectives, though, are a fine target for Warriors. When I did use it, I'd stick with Immortals. Their range means you will more than likely be able to fire after Veiling and not really need to worry about scattering into anything harmful (though I would still manage to do so).

My take on Heavy Ds is they are pretty worthless. for 15 more points, you are getting 2 less shots a +3 strength and -1 AP than a normal Destroyer. Vs Tanks, Heavy Ds are better because you will actually get Penning hits with them, but since the entire army can glance anyway it's kind of moot. Against normal troops, equal points units (3 Destroyers or 2 Heavy Destroyers), the Destroyers win due to volume. Even against 2+ armor like Termies, Destroyers will slightly outperform Heavy's again due to volume of fire. That and their small unit size makes them prime first round targets. Any small Necron unit (Heavys, Wraiths, Destroyers) usually end up as the first targets since the enemy has the best chance of keeping them down. Of course, that's just my take on them, some people can probably use them quite effectivly.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now comment on the Warrior squad size? Goji yer slipping heh. Ok I have decided to drop the Heavy Destroyers and let glancing gauss and D fields on the scarabs deal with armor putting my list like this.

Lord w/ Res Orb, VoD

Lord w/ Destroyer Body, Phase Shifter, Warscythe

20 Warriors

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

3 Wraiths

5 Destroyers

10 Scarabs w/ D Fields

10 Immortals

Edit: Hmm this list is 1873 it seems. Also you ever notice how the word Edit looks alot like the word idiot?
    Last edited by HarleyXJGuy; April 11th, 2006 at 23:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Well, with Warrior squad sizes, it really comes down to personal preference. I prefer more squads with smaller numbers so I can split fire. Some people really like the idea of 20 Warriors (and I've used them before too). If I think it might affect their play balance (not having enough seperate shooting units ) I usually suggest they split them, but you've got more than enough units to lay down fire where ever it needs to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K Thanks

+ Reply to Thread