[1500] Necron - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [1500] Necron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Necron

A rather bland affair, on paper at least, but I envsion the twin squads of Destroyers causing a sizeable amount of pain in conjunction with the Lord and 20 veiling warriors.

HQ

[1] Lord
    + Veil of Darkness
    + Resurrection Orb
    = 200 pts

Troops

[12] Necron Warriors
    = 216 pts

[12] Necron Warriors
    = 216 pts

[20] Necron Warriors
    = 360 pts

Fast Attack

[5] Destroyers
    = 250 pts

[5] Destroyers
    = 250 pts

Do you think that two squads of 12 warriors are too vulnerable? How would you make best use of them (placement and movement), considering the high mobility of the other squads in this force?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Not personally a fan of Veiling Warriors (due the range of their guns after the movement) but if you are going to, 20 is the best bet. You can Veil them into position and they have the numbers to survive to shoot the next round if you scatter out of range.

Twin Destroyer squads are great at harrasing the enemy. Too many to drop in one round of shooting, and even if a squad does get wiped, it just makes the other more powerful.

As for your 2 walking Warriors squads. You could use them as mobile Target Priority screens for your Destroyers, or distract the enemy with the Veiling unit and the Destroyers and allow them to get into tactical positions (objectives, table quarters, firing solutions). Something else to consider is to leap frog the units, only moving one at a time. Depeneding on what scenario you get, you may need the extra shots the Warriors can supply, and by only moving one you'll be getting shots at full range every turn.

You could also shave off 3 Warriors for a Tomb Spyder. That would give you more flexibility with the two Warrior squads (since they'll be out of Res Orb range anyway)
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; April 12th, 2006 at 15:58.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twin Destroyer squads are great at harrasing the enemy. Too many to drop in one round of shooting, and even if a squad does get wiped, it just makes the other more powerful.
    Goji what do you mean by this "if a squad get wiped, it just makes the other more powerful"?

You talking about if the squads are close enough together to affect WBB rolls and the rezzed guys joining the squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Yes. I should have clarified that. Since Destroyer squad sizes are so small compared to other units sizes, I always keep my two squads near enough that if one goes down to fire, I still get WBB rolls with them. I exploit the hell out of the WBB 6" rule.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K just wanted to make sure I was not missing out on some other secret squirrel ninja Necron trick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A destroyer-laden revision with a handful of points to spare.

HQ
    [1] Destroyer Lord
    = 130 pts

Troop 1
    [12] Warriors
    = 216 pts

Troop 2
    [12] Warriors
    = 216 pts

Troop 3
    [12] Warriors
    = 216 pts

Fast Attack 1
    [5] Destroyers
    = 250 pts

Fast Attack 2
    [5] Destroyers
    = 250 pts

Fast Attack 3
    [4] Destroyers
    = 200 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Sweet Zombie Jesus that's alot of Destroyers. I wish I owned that many. *drools*

My only suggestion, drop 1 Warrior so you can give your Lord a Res Orb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Goji beat me to it I would love that many Destroyers and I thought I had alot at 6.

The list you got there also has a nice phase out for 1500 if my calulations are correct it is 13 right? Due to rounding up? I am the sux at math which is kinda ironinc seening how at this very moment my wife is working on College Math right beside me. Protagryn Theorm>

Anyhow nice list and as Goji said Res Orb dont leave home without it. Or as I always say Destroyers, for when you care enough to send the very best. Hmm come to think of it we may have stole both of them phrases as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyXJGuy
    The list you got there also has a nice phase out for 1500 if my calulations are correct it is 13 right? Due to rounding up?
    I'll be the math-nazi and correct you. It's actually 12 (0.25 * 51 = 12.75, round down; or 0.75 * 51 = 38.25, round up --> 51 - 39 = 12). 13/51 = 0.2549. That 0.0049 keeps you above PO. Awesome!
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for checking that for me but next time could you do the calculations in English? Me no habla espanish or what ever that was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast