[1500] Speed Freaks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Speed Freaks

PAINT IT RED?

Headquarters
    - - -
    Warboss on Warbike ~ w/ powerclaw, choppa, eavy armour, frag grenades (141)

Elites
    - - -
    Skar Boy Mob ~ 6 Boyz w/ slugga and choppa, 3 Boyz w/ burna, 1 Nob w/ powerclaw and choppa, Trukk w/ RPJ,
    grot riggers, armour plates, rokkit launcha (213)

Troops
    - - -
    Trukk Boy Mob # 1 ~ 8 Boyz w/ slugga and choppa, 1 Boy w/ burna, 1 Nob w/ powerclaw and choppa, Trukk w/ RPJ,
    grot riggers, armour plates, rokkit launcha (177)

Trukk Boy Mob # 2 ~ 8 Boyz w/ slugga and choppa, 1 Boy w/ burna, 1 Nob w/ powerclaw and choppa, Trukk w/ RPJ,

Trukk Boy Mob # 3 ~ 8 Boyz w/ slugga and choppa, 1 Boy w/ burna, 1 Nob w/ powerclaw and choppa, Trukk w/ RPJ,

Warbuggy Squadron # 1 ~ 2 Warbuggies w/ twin-linked rokkit launchas, RPJ, grot riggers and armour plates (100)

Warbuggy Squadron # 2 ~ 2 Warbuggies w/ twin-linked rokkit launchas, RPJ, grot riggers and armour plates (100)

Warbuggy Squadron # 3 ~ 2 Warbuggies w/ twin-linked rokkit launchas, RPJ, grot riggers and armour plates (100)

Fast Attack
    - - -
    Deth Kopta Mek # 1 ~ 1 Deth Kopta w/ mek upgrade and burna (45)

Deth Kopta Mek # 2 ~ 1 Deth Kopta w/ mek upgrade and burna (45)

Deth Kopta Mek # 3 ~ 1 Deth Kopta w/ mek upgrade and burna (45)

Heavy Support
    - - -
    Looted Leman Russ Demolisher ~ 1 Leman Russ Demolisher w/ hull-heavy bolter, armour plates, grot riggers, RPJ,
    turbo booster and smoke launchers (178 )

Total
    - - -

I like this list.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bruiser117; April 23rd, 2006 at 01:46.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already enough points put on that warboss, and I've said a while back that the warbike won't really help him survive any "attention" I would just consider dropping one of the Deth Koptas in favor of a fighta bommas strike and getting one of those Warbuggy squadrons skorchas. Just my two cents. Other than that, I like your list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, fighta bomma raids are overrated. Sure, they're fun, but with a chance of blowing up half of my army, and the lame factor of using something that isn't even represented by a model, ill leave it.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Bruiser is obviously the KoS expert around here for this is an awesome lust, one suggestion tough, change one or 2 of the meks weapons to super stikks, GL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personaly I like guntrukks more (big Zzap gun fan) instead of the buggies, but they have their uses too.
    If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like the super stickbombs for flying mekboys. Yes, it is a lot stronger than a burna, but for the same points (5+5 / 10) I not only get the obvious perks of a flame template, but I can also use it as a strength 4 power weapon and combat, and its usefulness against tanks is not significantly worse. The super stickbomb gives me 1 s10 attack with 2d6 armour penetration, while the burna gives me 3 s4 attacks with 2d6 armour penetration. Considering the high range of damage I can do with 2d6 armour penetration, the burna can still carve up tanks pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PAINT IT YELLOW?

1500 Point Badmoon List 1464
    Headquarters (291)
    - - -
    Warboss ~ Mega Armour, Cybork Body, Kustom Mega Blasta (100)

Painboss ~ Power Claw, 8 Cyborks, Mounted in a Trukk, Riggers, Plates (191)

Troops (252)
    - - -
    Flash Gitz ~ 4 Gitz with Rokkit Launchas, 1 Nob with Rokkit Launcha, 3 Ammo Runts (120)

Flash Gitz ~ 4 Gitz with Rokkit Launchas, 1 Nob with Rokkit Launcha, 3 Ammo Runts (120)

Heavy Support (420)
    - - -
    Battlewagon ~ 3 Twin-linked Big Shootas, Armour Plates, Grot Riggers, Force Field (140)

Battlewagon ~ 3 Twin-linked Big Shootas, Armour Plates, Grot Riggers, Force Field (140)

Fast Attack (501)
    - - -
    Trukkboys ~ 8 Slugga / Choppa, 1 Burna, 1 Nob with Power Claw, mounted in trukk, riggers, plates (167)

Trukkboys ~ 8 Slugga / Choppa, 1 Burna, 1 Nob with Power Claw, mounted in trukk, riggers, plates (167)

I really am at a lost. I've come up badmoons, and i've tinkered around for a while trying to find an effective way to use battle wagons, flash gitz, and fast attack to make a good list just for fun, but I finally made this list, and now it has me questioning doing speed freaks? They both seem like they could perform very effectively, and both have a solid basis of trukk boys. Badmoons, however, rely much more on heavy firepower and have less models, while Speed Freaks rely on many more targets and are much faster.
    Last edited by Bruiser117; April 23rd, 2006 at 01:50.

+ Reply to Thread