[1000] Ulthwé list competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Ulthwé list competitive

This is my first attempt on an Eldar list, I like the idea of having a large counsel and of course bs 4 is allways nice. So... this is the list a came up with, since this is my first attempt any help and strategy tactics are more then welcome.

I usualy play 1000 pts games with friends or combine two forces of different armies for a 2000army. So this list is to face all kind of armies. thanks for the suggestions.

998 Eldar Ulthwé
    HQ 353
    Seer Council, 90 pts
    Farseer, Gosthelm, Runes of Witnessing, Rune Armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, Fortune, 46 pts
    Farseer, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, guide, 46 pts
    Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, Embolden, 26 pts
    Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, Enhance, 31 pts
    Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, Augment 21 pts

Additional Seer Council members
    2 Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, 54 pts
    3 Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, close combat weapon, 39 pts

TROOPS 270
    Black Guardians defender squad (bs4), 5 guardians + Shuriken catapults, Heavy Weapon Platform starcannon, 90 pts

Black Guardians defender squad (bs4), 5 guardians + Shuriken catapults, Heavy Weapon Platform starcannon, 90 pts

Guardian defender squad, 5 guardians + Shuriken catapults, Heavy Weapon Platform starcannon, 90 pts

FAST ATTACK 65
    Vyper, Starcannon, Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults, 65 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT 310
    Wraithlord, Dreadnought close combat weapon x2, Flamer x2, Bright Lance, 120 pts

Falcon, Holofield, Spiritstone, Pulse laser, Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults, Bright Lance, 190 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seer Council, 90 pts
    Farseer, Gosthelm, Runes of Witnessing, Rune Armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, Fortune, 46 pts
    Farseer, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, guide, 46 pts
    Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, Embolden, 26 pts
    Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, Enhance, 31 pts
    Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, Augment 21 pts
    sweetness

3 Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, close combat weapon, 39 pts
    good human shields

2 Warlock, Rune armour, Shuriken pistol, Witch blade, 54 pts
    i would drop the witch blades give them counceal and add them to your black gaurdin sqauds

seeing in how black gaurdins are b4 you should give them your b-lances
    remeber this golden rule one shot weapons for bs4 and bs5 and multi-shot weapons for bs 3

o and seeing in how this is the core of your army i would drop the vyper and add 5 b-gaurdins to each sqaud

Guardian defender squad, 5 guardians + Shuriken catapults, Heavy Weapon Platform starcannon, 90 pts
    not bad but it would be better id there were 10 men

Vyper, Starcannon, Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults, 65 pts
    drop it for 10 more black gaurdins

Wraithlord, Dreadnought close combat weapon x2, Flamer x2, Bright Lance, 120 pts
    good choice this guy right here is your assult deturnent because no body like to assult a wraithlord
    and give him a star cannon

Falcon, Holofield, Spiritstone, Pulse laser, Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults, Bright Lance, 190 pts
    also a very good choice
    one rule of thumb never give your falcon two str 8 weapons because to use them you would have to move 6 inches and since you move 6 you dont count as fast which mean all shot count as pens so instead give him a star cannon for the same amount of points

but hey thats just my opinion
    Last edited by mikes5420; April 15th, 2006 at 20:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

In genral you seem to know what you're doing. I would argue though that your seer-council is eating up to much resources, taking up a third of your army. You also lack bulk which in general Ulthwe should have.

I would make the following changes:

Reduce the seer-council to 7 men. This size is generally big enough to survive and do whatever needs to be done. So i say remove 3 warlocks and give the rest of the warlocks combat weapons and pistol.

With the free points I would bulk out those gaurdian squads as they are very fragile at the moment. Also I would give them warlocks with conceal, close combat weapons and pistols for a constant cover save for protection. Try for at least 8 man squads (preferably 10), this way if face swarm armies you actally have a decent amount of shuriken shots to deal with them.

Give the falcon a starcannon since it's a good anti-infantry weapon and it allows the falcon to move 12" and shoot all its weapons.

I would also remove the vyper for extra points. You will probably find this lone vehical moving out to shoot a few shots and then get shot down. Cheap vypers are good in multiple numbers, alone they are good victory points for the opponent.

good choice this guy right here is your assult deturnent because no body like to assult a wraithlord
    I disagree here, a wraithlord has a respectable ballistic skill, so a brightlance would be more suiable IMO.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Heiromyo's suggestions, although good, leave you short of ranged anti-tank. So I would get a storm guardian squad with fusion guns and use the falcon as transport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would just drop a squad of bg and use the rest of the points to get more gaurdians in the other squads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote:

I disagree here, a wraithlord has a respectable ballistic skill, so a brightlance would be more suiable IMO
    i agree i was saying star cannon so he wouldnt have 3 three b-lances

+ Reply to Thread