2 1k Lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 1k Lists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 1k Lists

Ok, so we're going on deployment and looking to have a 40K gaming group, right now the points are set at 1K to start with. The armies other people are taking are Eldar, Chaos SM, SM, Tau, and IG. I'm taking Nids, here are two lists I made up. Tell me what you think:

Flyrant- 203 w/ Adrenal Glands, I/WS, Toxic Miasma, Winged, Scything Talons x2, Warp Field

Tyranid Warriors (5) 194pts- 4 w/ TL Devourers, 1 with VC and ST, all with Ext Carapace, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sac

Spinegaunts- 18 - 90pts
    Hormagaunts- 16 - 160 pts
    Genestealers- 8 - 160 pts

Heavy Gun Fex - 193pts - w/ VC, BS, Ext Carapace, Spine Banks, Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin

Total: 1000pts, 49 Models

Zilla List
    Mixed Tyrant - 173 pts - w/ ST, VC, Enhanced Senses, Adrenal Gland I/WS, Toxic Miasma, Extended Carapace
    Tyrant Guard (2) - 90pts
    Brood lord - 80pts - w/ Extended Carapace
    Genestealer Retinue (9) - 180pts w/ Extended Carapace
    Stossfex - 204pts - ST x 2, Flesh Hooks, Toxic Miasma, Tail Mace, AG I/WS, Tusked, Thornback, Reinforced Chitin, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton, Symbiote Rippers
    Heavy Gun Fex -193 - same as above
    Spinegaunts - 8 - 40pts
    Spinegaunts - 8 - 40pts

Total: 1000pts
    Models: 31

So what do you think? I think I'll have alot of fun with either one, but would like some opinions and input (I'm the only Nid player in the group, and haven't played 4th Ed yet)

Archival

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: Me being Stupid.
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Archival
    Flyrant- 203 w/ Adrenal Glands, I/WS, Toxic Miasma, Winged, Scything Talons x2, Warp Field
    A very solid Sky Tyrant. Beware Force Weapons with this guy. Try to get him Toxin Sacs if you can, so you can one-shot-kill toughness three models (like Eldar Farseers). You might consider making him a Sky Devourer (2x twin-linked devourers, enhanced senses, toxin sacs)

Tyranid Warriors (5) 194pts- 4 w/ TL Devourers, 1 with VC and ST, all with Ext Carapace, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sac
    Decent... but unless you're buying them toxin sacs, I'd drop the twin-linked Devourers for a Deathspitter / Scything Talon combo. Not only does the deathspitter make them a threat to some vehicles, but the blast template more than makes up for the one (average) that will miss, as you'll probably be hitting multiple models.

Spinegaunts- 18 - 90pts
    Hormagaunts- 16 - 160 pts
    Genestealers- 8 - 160 pts
    Solid... I assume (based on cost) that the Genestealers have extended carapace? They'll definitely need it.

Heavy Gun Fex - 193pts - w/ VC, BS, Ext Carapace, Spine Banks, Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin
    Good Carnifex... if you're short on points, drop Spine Banks. With the short range on Spinebanks, they'll probably never get used. Use the points you save to get him something that'll help if he gets assaulted... maybe Toxic Miasma or Adrenal Glands.

Zilla List
    Mixed Tyrant - 173 pts - w/ ST, VC, Enhanced Senses, Adrenal Gland I/WS, Toxic Miasma, Extended Carapace
    Ick... :/ I really advise not trying to make your Tyrant multi-role. Drop the Scything Talons for Twin-Linked Deathspitters, and drop some of your CC upgrades (Adrenal Glands I) for Toxin Sacs. Not only will that keep your Tyrant a CC threat if he gets assaulted, but it'll make him a definite threat as he fires 2 strength 8 shots, and a twin-linked strength 7 blast template every turn.

Tyrant Guard (2) - 90pts
    Consider taking Lash Whips against armies where your Tyrant is likely to be assaulted (so, Space Marines / CSM / maybe Eldar).

Brood lord - 80pts - w/ Extended Carapace
    Genestealer Retinue (9) - 180pts w/ Extended Carapace
    Good brood... but I'd actually reduce the number of stealers in your brood lord's retinue to about 5-6. The brood lord's a big model and can be hard to keep in cover if he's got a large brood with him.

Stossfex - 204pts - ST x 2, Flesh Hooks, Toxic Miasma, Tail Mace, AG I/WS, Tusked, Thornback, Reinforced Chitin, Extended Carapace, Bonded Exoskeleton, Symbiote Rippers
    Beautiful Fire Magnet / Baitfex. Be sure to get this guy Toxin Sacs, though. People fear S10 instant kills.

Heavy Gun Fex -193 - same as above
    Same as above

Spinegaunts - 8 - 40pts
    Spinegaunts - 8 - 40pts
    Can't go wrong with Spinegaunts.

So what do you think? I think I'll have alot of fun with either one, but would like some opinions and input (I'm the only Nid player in the group, and haven't played 4th Ed yet)

Archival
    Two really solid lists for someone who hasn't played 4th edition yet. Most of my suggestions are aesthetic (Spine Banks really doesn't help your Bombardment 'Fex, due to the short range... it might help if things get close, but if you're using it, you're probably about to be assaulted... and if you never fire it, you're wasting points. :/ )

+ Reply to Thread