First tau. 1500 tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

13 (x1)

First tau. 1500 tourny

Alright. First every Tau list. Nothing is baught yet really... save the Tau starter. I was sorta goin for more tactic than static. But this is what I have. I may be breaking some rules as I have just gotten to codex so please be gentile :oP

1x Commander - 142 pts
    -Missile Pod
    -Plasma Rifel
    -Multi Tracker
    -2x Shield Drones

Elites - 201 pts
    1x 3 Crisis suits
    -Burst Cannon
    -Plasma Rifle
    -Multi Tracker
    -One upgraded to have marker Drone

1x 3 Stealth suits - 125 pts
    -One with marker drone

2x Squads of 12 Fire warriors in Devil Fish 200/400pts

Fast Attack
    1x Squad of 8 Pathfinders all with markerlights in fish (Is that smart to have all marks) 176

3x Pirahna with Fusion Blasters - 195

2x Hammer heads with rail rifel and burst cannons - 300

That is what I have so far. It leaves me with 150 points to play with. So help me with what to fill that with, and what I have done wrong already :oP

When all else fails... charge it with a Tyrant.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Decoy launchers are a must on your hammerheads. Take 6 stealths, as they are most useful when maxed. The rest looks fine, I might change some parts but that'd just be on my preference, so don't take the rest of what I say too seriously.

I'd upgrade one suit member to a 'vre in order to let him take the airbursting frag projector, as it is a wonderful large template weapon. It is also barrage so it ignores his BS of 3. I also prefer missle pods or fusion guns over burst cannons as both missle pods and fusion guns can hurt high toughness units (and help pop armor). I also like to take shield generators on my crisis suits, but it really depends on who you play. If you're playing an opponent with many high S weapons which can instant kill your suits then the shield generators pay for themselves. If you're not, then they're a bit of a point sink.

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

+ Reply to Thread