1500pts Tourny List **Piranah Horde** - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Tourny List **Piranah Horde**

Headquarters - 297
    Commander - Shas'o: Twin-linked Missile Pods, Command and Control Node

Ethereal - Honor Guard (12 Shas'la with Pulse Rifles)

Elites - 0pts

Troops - 390pts
    Firewarrior Team - 11 Shas'la with 1 Shas'ui (Pulse Rifles)

Fast Attack
    Piranah Squadron - 3 Piranahs (Fusion Blaster, 2 Gun Drones)

Piranah Squadron - 4 Piranahs (Fusion Blaster, 2 Gun Drones)

Piranah Squadron - 3 Piranahs (Fusion Blaster, 2 Gun Drones)

Heavy Support - 155pts
    Hammerhead - Ionhead (2 Burst Cannons, Target Lock, Multi-tracker, Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod, Blacksun Filter, Flechette Discharger

Total Points - 1492

A very uniform list; it is quite easy to see where all the points go. My required commander is cheap (hence the seemingly useless setup) and helps with my targetting; I don't expect him to do much else. My ethereal helps with my aim (honor guard) and dire morale with that many firewarriors.

My mass of 48 firewarriors shall setup in decent cover quite close to each other. They shall rain fire on any assaulters (even an assault marine squad might falter under that much fire). However, I could care less about their wellbeing - if they draw enough fire and deal a decent bit of damage back, I'll be happy. They pick targets based on self defense, and, if they survive, support fire for my fishies.

My massive piranah units (yes, I do have that many models...still needing to be put together, though) shall scream forward (24" the first turn, 12" and fire the 2nd) and hunt targets down. If there are devastators (or any equivalent), in the 2nd turn my drones shall disembark and charge them in close combat to tie them up. My piranahs are a tank's worst nightmare; a melta gun and the speed to make it deadly. I'm still considering if I should give them any more upgrades; it makes it all the harder to watch them die. Hopefully half of my piranahs shall remain once they are across the board, which is more than enough to burn some tanks.

My Ionhead shall join my piranahs. I plan on it having some back and side armor to pick off across the field, making it much better at anti-armor than a railgun. If there is a lack of targets, the ionhead can double as a marine/elites-killer.

This list will be fairly risky, seeing how few ways I can deal with 3+ saves. However, I think a school of fish screaming across the board will be fairly demoralizing. Plus, on basic squads, I can always opt to tank shock! (try passing 10 morale tests in the same turn!!) However, I think this list will be quite fun to play. (Keep in mind that I do not play to win...all the time)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

I think it looks good, although I don't care for the ethereal myself, but that's just my preference. And why command and control node? It just seems underpowered to me, only affecting target priority tests within 12". I think me and rikimaru would both agree that you'd be better off with a shield generator or vectored retro thrusters. I'm sure you know this but disruption pod just gives you glancing on a 4+, that's all obscured target does, so I don't run them since skimmers get glancing anyway if they move over six inches.

I think the piranha idea is interesting, I don't own enough piranha to make an army like this so it'll be very interesting to see if it works. good luck.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for your reply ^_^

The ethereal is simply just so my huge investment (1/3 of my army) doesn't simply run away to a few heavy bolters.

The Command and Control Node is quite underpowered in my opinion, however, it makes an otherwise lone suit that won't do much an effective booster of my mass of troops (a large investment). I agree I would be better off in normal circumstances with a shield genereator or retro-thrusters, but he is simply a second morale booster (similar to my ethereal). He will join another FW squad, bestowing his supreme morale.

The disruption pod are for when my hammerhead somehow comes to a dead stop (crew stunned, perhaps?). This way it isn't just dead in the water.

Again, thanks for your suggestions and reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Hmm I believe you know what you want with the pods and the ethereal, I'm just mostly concerned about the command and control node. You only get a bonus to target priority tests, and you already get a re-roll with the ethereal anyway. It just seems like a waste since you already have the ethereal, but whatever you want. I'm sure it'll be very fun to play, I can already imagine the piranhas rushing in and killing all the armor with one round of shooting.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be looking very hard at ways to fit all your piranha's with targetting arrays. When comparing kill capability, 3 piranha's with TA's is actually the same as 4 piranha's without them. So even if you dropped the 10th piranha in order to fit TA's to the rest, you would still end up with more kills on average than if you had the single extra piranha. Personally however I'd keep the 10th piranha and drop some firewarriors/upgrades on your ionhead to pay for the piranha's TA's.
    What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

+ Reply to Thread