1500 point eldar friendly campaign - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point eldar friendly campaign

im fairly new to eldar i have loads of models but need help planning out a good 1500 point army i will be facing sm, csm another eldar and tau any advice on what to take but im used to using close combat (due to being a tyranid player mostly) any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Well, you're gonna of course want to start out by getting Codex: Eldar, and the rulebook if you haven't already. Look through the codex, see what you like, read all the rules, and get a gist of the Eldar army in general.

Then, you're gonna want to pick a craftworld, or go 'vanilla' aka (also known as) plain, or no paticular craftworld.

The main craftworlds are Beil-Tann, Saim-Hann, Uthwe, Alaitoc, and Iyanden.

For more info on these craftworlds, I suggest you check out this link.

Then, you're gonna want to prepose an army list. You'll of course want to have the HQ and two Troop choices which are mandatory, and then expand into the other areas. For some example army lists, check out the Eldar Army Lists forum. Then you can make your own, for people to critique, and give you suggestions on.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i own the codex and the craftworld addition as well and was looking through and in general i wanted to make an army that is more shooty than anything else. That would mean using things like rangers, falcons, guardians, dark reapers, vypers and fire dragons really wouldnt it. However im not sure wat equipment to use because once we have picked our equipment we cant change it for any of the battles so i want to be good at taking out both marine and tau equally as easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Well, if you want to start a shooty Eldar army, then start off with an HQ (I suggest a Farseer), and the manditory 2 troop choices. For the troops I'd go with 2 good sized Guardian squads. Maybe set them up similar to the following: 9 Guardians, 1 Starcannon, 1 Warlock with Conceal, and a Witchblade/Singing Spear. That way, the squad is pretty powerful, and hard to break with 9 Guardians and the invulnerable save. They have the Starcannon to dish out damage to most things relativley easily, and if any pesky deep striking Dreadnought, or something similar comes down, you can handle it with the Witchblade or Singing Spear on the Warlock.

For the Farseer, you'll want to give it a roll. I suggest you either give it, Fortune or Guide. With Fortune, you'd stay by a squad, and use the power to help them re-roll their saves. With Guide you'd let them re-roll their shots. I suggest using Guide for starting out.

Once you've gotten the Farseer, and 2 Guardian squads, you can get them on the board and start playing small games. You're list would look similar to the following:'

HQ- Farseer with Guide, SP, and CCW *72*
    Troops- 2x 9 Guardians, 1 Starcannon, 1 Warlock with Conceal, and a Witchblade *168*
    Total- *240*

This is a very small pt level, but you can still get some games going. After you get that, you'll want to expand again. A Falcon would probably be a good expansion, or a Wraithlord.

If you went with the Wraithlord, I think a Brightlance would work well, to take advantage of its good BS, and be able to take down heavily armoured vehicles.

If you went with the Falcon, I'd go with the Starcannon because its BS isn't reliable, so you'll want a multi-shot weapon.

Some other options to expand after that for a shooty list would be:
    -Starcannon Vyper
    -Warp Spiders
    -Dark Reapers
    -Rangers
    -Fire Dragons
    -Wraithguard
    -War Walker

I'd avoid Eldar Jetbikes (including shining spears), and teh Fire Prism. They may look appealing, but they are too expensive for their value.

Even if you're going for a shooty list, it's always good to have some counter-assault squads, or some assault squads of your own. Banshees and Scorpions, are great close combat options to consider.

Anyway, what you get is up to you. Again, I suggest you prepose a list on your own and post it in the Eldar Army List section to be critiqued. I find that making lists also gives you a better understanding of the codex.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice mate you will probably see a list in the section posted by me tomorrow on what i plan to use then you can criticise it as you want.

+ Reply to Thread