Goji's Games Day list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Goji's Games Day list

Well, I was going to bring this list to Games Day Baltimore, but our trip organizer was a bit lax on the ticket ordering, and now the Tournament is sold out. I know Harley wanted to know this list, but I figured I'd post it for anyone else that wanted to give it a try.

Lord w/Res Orb x2

10 man Warrior squad x2

10 man Immortal squad x2

3 man Destroyer squad x2

total points: 1500 points on the dot
    total Phase Out: 12

I have had great success with this list. The only loss I scored was against a Salamander army and that was due to every single CC morale I took being boxcars (double 6s for the non gamblers). Every other game I played with them was either a win or a draw. The only armies I did not test them against were Orks, Nids, and DE.

Here are the tactics I used. 1 Lord stuck to the 20 Immortals while the other stuck to the 20 Warriors. All of the squads stayed within 6" of their doubled squad, so no matter if one got wiped out, I'd still get WBBs. The Immortals and Destroyers layed down the covering fire as I moved my Warriors where ever they needed to be, be it firing lanes or objectives. I used massed fire to avoid CC, but in the instances where CC was unavoidable I countercharged with my Lords or in some cases even pre charged. I kept to a Roman Turtle formation most of the time (unless there were pie plates in play, then I did the good 1.9999" spread)

Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kept to a Roman Turtle formation most of the time (unless there were pie plates in play, then I did the good 1.9999" spread)
    Roman Turtle formation? What is this you speak of?

Dang someone needs a good smacking not buying enough tickets that stinks for ya bro.

I look forward to trying this list out, well with my own modifications of course. Thanks.

Dont you find that with this list your Destroyers get a ton of attention?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Oh my yes they do, but with two squads, I could use cover to my advantage and if I lost them, I'd lose a max of 3, and then I'd just WBB into a larger force. After the first turn, my Immortals were usually in range and then the Gauss they were laying down turned them into a target priority and eased shots coming in on the Destroyers.

As for the Roman Turtle (or Testudo), that was when the Roman legions would advance on the enemy with their sheilds over lapping, like the scales of a turtle shell. (Think Gladiator when Maximus was first in the Colosseum and had everyone hunker down with their shields overlapping, over their heads too). I call the manuever a Roman Turtle, but really I just keep my army tightly packed. So while the enemy might have their units spread out over the whole table edge, I would keep my units in tight formation. This allowed me to stay within range of the Orb and also within 6" of fellow units to max out my WBBs. It would also throw my enemy for a loop the first time I faced them. Invariably, they would have 1 or 2 units that were worthless for a turn or two because they were either out of range or didn't have LoS. I could concentratre my fire on what I wanted to kill first and deal with the enemy units that couldn't do much later on.

And don't feel too bad for me. I happened to be the organizer, so it was my fault :blush: . I'm gonna shoot for Chicago. I've devised another list I'm testing out, and the best part about this one is everything is already painted and based, so I don't have to do any work (I've still got 10 Immortals to paint up for that other list)
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; April 20th, 2006 at 20:46.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I guess I owe you the smacking then.

Do you keep your Warriors and Immortals in base to base contact or just close?

Your post brings up another question I have been wondering about. Lets say my unit of three Destroyers gets wiped out, then I make two WBB rolls. Since there are two of em alive now do they stay as there own unit or do they have to join the other Destroyer unit they used to be able to make the WBB roll in the first place?

Dang almost forgot if you dont want the hassle of painting them 10 Immortals I would be happy to take em off your hands. No need to thanks me its just the nice kinda guy that I am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

eBay dude, that's where I found this batch of 10. Got them for the song of 60 USD too.

As far as setting up my army Turtle formation, it depends on the terrain. Sometimes I put them base to base to save room and allow for other units to deploy nearby later. Generally though I just keep them tight.

In cases where a unit is wiped out but they are still within 6" of a like model (allowing WB any model that does get back up will lump up with the surviving unit. The nice thing is while the model count grows, the cost of the unit stays the same.

Let's say for argument's sake you have 2 units of 10 Warriors. 1 unit gets wiped out to shooting (giving the opponent 180 VP), but you make 8 WBB rolls (Ha...as if....but this is an example so I'm gonna dream). Those 8 lump up with the surviving 10 man squad. Now it is an 18 man squad that is only worth 90-180 VP. The opponent would have to kill 10 more Warriors to get 90 more VPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMFG thats like umm 6 dollars a peice?! I hate math.

Thanks for the 411 about the gathering up rule.

+ Reply to Thread