1000 pts Necrons (basic) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts Necrons (basic)

This is a basic necron list i was thinking about playing in an upcoming tournament. It is very basic for necrons but i think it could be competitive. Here's the list

HQ
    Lord w/ Res Orb, Phylactery, D. Field - 160 pts

Troops
    16 x Warriors - 288 pts

16x Warriors - 288 pts

Fast Attack
    3 x Destroyers - 150 pts

7 x Scarabs w/ D. Fields - 112 pts

Total: 998 pts
    Necrons: 36
    Phase Out: 9

Let me know what you think. Any suggestions/criticism are welcome. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good, but by my personal preference only, I'd make 2x10 and 1x12 warriors, keep the 2x10 close togeather as the "big threat" while the other 12 move in to get a better shooting position.

I personaly like wraiths more than scarabs, I get more luck with them, even with one, so again this is personal preference i'd take out the scarabs and maybe one warrior to put in a wraith...but it's up to you, I could give you more but I don't have my codex on me.:sleep:
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

My only suggestion is to drop the D. Field from your Lord. You will only be able to use it in CC against a tank and the odds of your foot lord crossing the board to engage a tank in CC are almost nil in a 1K game. I can't remember the point cost for it off the top of my head (I should though, I've got the codex damn near memorized), but I think dropping it would let you take one more Scarab base with D Fields on it. Now these guys are definitly going to be doing some damage in 1K games. I would suggest against dropping them for Wraiths. You'd only get 2 Wraiths for the points spent on the Scarabs and 2 Wraiths vs. 7 or 8 Scarabs, the Scarabs will be much more effective due to numbers.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i added the d field on the lord cuz i was at 993 without it and it was the only thing you can take in the necron army for 7 or less pts.

+ Reply to Thread