1k Crons - Just started necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Crons - Just started necrons

So it seems that after playing... SM, CSM, SOB

I decided i wanted to play necrons (actulally... the store owner had a open box special for 230 CDN)

It came with:
    1 Cron lord
    24 Warriors
    3 Destroyers
    5 Immortals
    8 Scarab Swarms
    Codex: Crons

So after reading the codex i cam up with this.

1 Cron lord
    Rez Orb
    Veil of Shadow (cant remember the name off hand but its the Deep striking(sp?) thing)

5 Immortals

2x 12 Warriors

8x Scarab swarms

3x Destroyers

Thats pritty mutch what i have. Im looking to expand but i dont know what to start with. I was thinking immortals followed by at least another box of warriors. Maby a C'tan of some type but i dont really like them, but then again where i am im the only necron player, so i havint seen them in action. Another thought was flayed ones, they seem to be really good looking models. I also realized that most list have 2 cron lords, so should i get one with a D. Body? or should i grab another foot slogger?

Well thanks for the help in advanced.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it seems that you have a good start. Personally though, unless your enemies are going to be packing lascannons then I would swap those scarabs for more destroyers. At three shots at Str. 6 AP 4 you could be wasting Tau, Guard, Nids, Eldar, Dark Eldar and it also has the Gauss rules. By adding two more that gives you 15 shots!!! Hitting on threes and often wounding on 2's and sometimes 3's. Its a great way to force a lot of 3+ saves on those pesky marines. As for another lord a destroyer lord would help. You can attach a D. Lord to a destroyer unit to make sure they get the Orb rules in. Also a D. Lord makes a nice CC character. Add a warscyth and D. body he now gets T 6 and 3 (4 on the charge) attacks with no saves of any kind...*cough TERMIEKILLER cough* this added toughness also helps keep him safe from instant death. Ummm yes you should go for more immortals...at least 5 more....and some flayed one should do fine...personally I dont have any but they are cool units to teleport through a monolith. As for C'tan....they should only be used in fairly small or fairly large matches. In small matches you got a being that almost cant be touched because he is so good. Any higher than 750pts he shouldnet appear until the pts reach 1500 (MAYBE) or often people say 2000.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

The first thing I would suggest buying is another box of Warriors. This will let you field up to 30 Warriors (great for beefing up your PO) and give you 4 more Scarab bases. Scarabs are great speedbumps. Depending on the unit you assault, you could tie them up for the whole game (MEQs) or wipe them out in CC.

After the Warriors, you might want to think about a second Lord. I own 3, 2 foot lords and 1 DLord. Then I'd flush out the Immortals or Destroyers to a full squad. Flayed Ones do look cool, but I haven't found them to be all that effective, since CC is not the Necrons strong suit. Scarabs and Wraiths are better suited for CC because of their movement. Flayed Ones either have to walk it or port, which leaves them vulnerable to a round of fire or getting charged first.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i know my friends love to bring along insane ammounts of lascannons, but they rarly hit, and that i can count on (or tie em up with scarabs seeing as how most of thier armies are hvy support oriented)

As per the PO rule say if somone posted 9/32 would that be that i PO when i only have 9 Crons on the field?

Hmmm so immortals, warriors, destroyers and another cron lord.

Seems good for now. Thanks

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Phase out is calculated by figuring 25% of the total "Necrons" in the army (any unit listed as Necron that gets the WBB special rule). 32 "Necrons" would mean you would phase out when you had 8 models left (32/4=
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread