[1500]Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500]Tournament

Ok so I played my guard last tourney and lost 1 battle barely lost the next and one the other. So...now that its comming up again at 1500pts instead of 1200 I thought I would go ahead and use my necrons. I made a list and probably am going to stick with it but I would like some constructive critisism and if you can a few ideas on what to do with them.

I have at my disposal...

1 Destroyer Lord
    x5 Destroyers
    x30 Warriors
    x10 Immortals
    x1 Wraith
    x1 tomb Spider
    x8 Scarabs
    x1 Heavy Destroyer
    x1 Monolith
    x1 C'tan Nightbringer
    x5 Pariahs

My List consists of

Hq: C'tan Nightbringer

Troops: x2 10 man Squads of Warriors

Elites: x10 Immortals

Fast Attack: x5 Destroyers

Heavy Support: Monolth (Deepstriking if possible)

Total: 1485 Points

Phase Out at nine necrons left...so 26 have to die...

My idea was if there is no objective (like last time) then I was thinking of holding my forces back or behind cover and letting my destroyers to all the damage (mainly to keep them from being blasted by ordnance) and then popping out when the enemy gets into range. Then still keeping the Nightbringer back I unleash him on any special characters, dreads, daemons or CC squads that get to close.

Last edited by Commissar_Malevich; April 29th, 2006 at 04:08.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Malevich
    My List consists of

Hq: C'tan Nightbringer

Troops: x2 10 man Squads of Warriors

Elites: x10 Immortals

Fast Attack: x5 Destroyers

Heavy Support: Monolth (Deepstriking if possible)

Total: 1485 Points

Phase Out at nine necrons left...so 24 have to die...
    Not having a Lord and Res Rob is going to hurt, even with the NB. A smart player will fire at your Destroyers first, then Immortals and Monolith, then your Warriors. If you are facing a player with ordanance, they will most likely target your Warriors first to try and wipe them out.(and you need to lose 26, not 24, for Phase Out). I'm not saying that this list is horrible, it's not. You've got good long and middle range fire and 2 big models to soak incoming fire, but you are playing with a handicap considering the Phase Out special rule.

You'll also want to watch out for CC. Granted, you've got the NB, but considering his speed, a well deployed CC army could get around him and assault your troops, and with power weapons negating WBB, that could be devastating.

If I were you, I would not DS the Lith and I'd keep the NB out front so that those units can try and draw your opponents fire. Use cover whenever you can and stay in it (even if that means Dangerous Terrain tests for your Destroyers). Use the NB and the Lith to get yourself out of CC when you can and if you are able, remove all the models you lose in BtB to negate any possibility of getting Swept.

I wish you the best of luck in your campaign.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

I'm gonna say drop the NB and replace it with a Lord all wargeared out (orb and vod), a squad of Scarabs w/DFs, and add a Destoyer to make 2 squads of 3.

HQ - Lord w/VoD & RO

Elites - 10xImmortals

Troops - 2x(10xWarriors)

FA - 8xScarabs w/DFs
    2x(3xDestroyers)

HS - Monolith

1495pts
    PO#: 9

Your opponents will have to worry about the Flying Circus, out-flanking by the 2 Destroyer squads (kept close to each other), squelching of CC units by Scarabs, and the 'Lith providing fire support and the extra WBB (if needed).

My 2 copper.

Edit: Doh! I looked back up to see you lack the 6th Destroyer. I forget if the TS is 65 or 55pts, but if it is the latter take it. 1500pts on the dot.
    Last edited by kore; April 27th, 2006 at 22:02.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

+ Reply to Thread