Vanilla Eldar 1500 pts - pls comment! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanilla Eldar 1500 pts - pls comment!

Hi,

I am almost finished with my 1500 pts of Iron Warriors and plan to move ahead with something completely different: Eldar!

I have the codex and am trying to put together a list that can manage my two main opponents: Space Marines (with lots of armour - a good opponent for my IW's!) and Necrons. These two players have chosen Tau and Dark Eldar as their secondary armies.

I humbly ask for you, ancient Farseers, to share your infinite wisdom concerning my list below!

HQ:
    Farseer w/ Witch Blade + Shuriken Pistol + Fortune
    (joins the Banshees in the Wave Serpent to provide protection and armour killing)

Farseer w/ Singing Spear + Guide
    (joins the defence line, primarily the D-cannons, for re-rolls)

Elite:

6 Fire Dragons w/ Exarch + Fire Pike + Tank Hunter
    (rides in the Falcon and will try to take out the inevitable Land Raider/Monolith/Terminators)

9 Howling Banshees w/ Exarch + Executioner + Wave Serpent w/ Bright Lance + Spirit Stone
    (the main cc unit, joined by Farseer 1. Remember - I meet a lot of 3+ Saves)

Troops:

18 Guardian Storm Squad w/ 2 Fusion Guns + Warlock w/ Shuriken Pistol + Witch Blade + Conceal
    (Fleet of foot - will claim objectives even if reduced to 10 models. Conceal will protect)

8 Guardian Defender Squad w/ Starcannon
    (will provide fire cover and can be "guided" by Farseer 2 if D-cannons can't shoot)

Fast Attack:

1 Vyper Squadron w/ Starcannon + Spirit Stone
    1 Vyper Squadron w/ Bright Lance + Spirit Stone
    (harass the enemy, claim objective, shoot out tanks if the BL actually hits with BS3...)

Heavy Support:

1 Wraithlord w/ Bright Lance
    (moves forward with Storm Squad, will draw a lot of fire but is hard to kill, anti-tank)

2 D-cannons
    (defensive artillery, short range, but very powerful, will help dictate the deployment of the opponent - can even take monoliths! Must deploy in cover)

1 Falcon w/ Starcannon + Shuriken Cannon + Holo-field + Spirit Stone
    (will transport Fire Dragons and provide artillery)

This is a total of 1498 points.

What do you think? What should be changed? I am used to play T4/save 3+ troops, so this is a bit different... Any piece of advice is welcome!

Kashug the Destroyer

"Hell hath no fury as a Chaos Lord scorned!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    If your going to get an independent farseer with guide, get him on a jetbike so he can speed around and help out units with their shooting.

Elites
    I don't really find the Exarch and his firepike useful, his range doesn't count when you need 6" for all his little helpers. Also fire dragons are crap against monoliths, either use your D-Cannons for them or get wraithguard.

Troops
    Your troops seem lopsided, I usually go either assualt or shooty, but not both. In your case I find Storm Squads with meltas better complement your list as they will be moving up with the other assualty units.

Fast Attack
    The Vyper with BL won't accomplish much, also spirit stones on such low cost vehicles are a waste. Drop the BL, spirit stones and get a Starcannon

Heavy
    Maybe I just don't like short range, but the fact that they are Heavy and have only 24" makes me quesy. Also in almost evey fight except against those DE you'll be taking the fight to the enemy, so dropping them for one more vyper seems better.

Hope this helps, have fun.
    Last edited by MoosieFate; April 29th, 2006 at 20:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback! Your comments make sense, so I will make the appropriate changes.
    Kashug the Destroyer

"Hell hath no fury as a Chaos Lord scorned!"

+ Reply to Thread