tournament, no point limit. Kabal. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

tournament, no point limit. Kabal.

Ok, the rules is that you have to field 1x HQ, 2x Troops, and 2 other units of your choice, but there is no point limit. Wiiiiide open for abuse, but I cant seem to get it higher than 1000 points without having to further convert my models for this stupid tourney. I just hope that I can face off against a few 10 year olds with a master and 4x5 man marine squads before I face a 12000 point tzeetch army of doom. Have I done enough to abuse the system?

HQ (304):

Archon Lok-Nar
    + Punisher
    + Tormentor Helm
    + Shadow Field
    + Combat Drugs
    + Animus Vitae
    + Plasma Grenades
    9 Warrior Retinue
    + 2x Splinter Cannons
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

-----------------

Troops (554):

9 Warriors
    + Splinter Cannon
    + Blaster
    1 Sybarite
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    + Plasma Grenades
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

9 Warriors
    + Splinter Cannon
    + Blaster
    1 Sybarite
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    + Plasma Grenades
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

9 Warriors
    + Splinter Cannon
    + Blaster
    1 Sybarite
    + Poison Blades
    + Xenospasm Grenade Launcher
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

----------------

Heavy Support (140):

Ravager
    + 3x Disintegrators
    + Night Shields

Total: 998

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i were you, i would field a wych cult so you can have free squads of warp beasts, and wyches instead of warriors. also get hell masks for your archon and sybarites/succubi
    Dark Eldar (2500)
    Iron Warriors (1500)
    Biel-Tan Eldar(2000)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

no points limit eh? want to abuse the system eh? look what i've got for you!!!

Slave snares on all the raiders, and night shields
    Maybe agoniser and poison blades for all the sybarites
    combat drugs on all characters (you only have to choose 1 after all)
    soul seeker ammo (why not?)
    haywire grenades (cause you can)
    terrorfexes and/or archangel of pain for all characters (they're wargear so dont take up a weapon spot)
    That thing that drives psykers crazy (dont ever use it so i forget what its called) for when you face a 50 man seer council
    maybe a big reaver unit instead of the ravager (only takes one shot to kill a ravager)
    I assume you dont have 9 incubi models? or an incubi master? (i always wanted to field a full incubi retinue with a master with mask of the damned)

anyway that should get you started...
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really want to abuse it go with a 9 man incubu bodygaurd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

oooooh

Definately a 9 man incubi Bodyguard, with an incubi master....

Give all your sybarites Drugs....

wyches man, wyches.... with a succubus with everything you can cram in there....

Tool up your raiders with all options (Night Shields!)

ummm ummm ummm

man... there's not much more you can do eh? just hope you vs a necron layer or something....

Is there any army without a unit size cap?

fear that army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the formate of this game makes it pretty much impossible to win with DE I think. Depending on the units you have laying around I would make your "2 other squads" HUGE squads of bikes, thats could the worst thing you'll be able to do to muster up something dangerous.

Also, this is a pretty messed tourny since it could really just be based on how many models you have, or how many friends you have who would lend you models.

Choas could be unstoppable in this tourny if you had the models and/or friends on hand, most notably thousands sons. Since, chaos can field 20 man troops choices, with AC's, two types of nades, marks (taz being the most expensive), vet abilities and the ability to have a totally geared out lord. You'll be able to break over 2000 points with 3 troops slots and an HQ, leaving you one more slot, which of course you'll choose elites and whats 2001+ allow you, 29 chosen terminator champions! And whats that they all get access to the chaos armory w/ 50 pts of wargear a piece! And of course you'll put 20 of them into a squad w/ every upgrade imaginable, and 9 of them with your lord (if you give him termy armour as well) you get to pick a transport IE a landraider. This would be one of the worst cases.

And btw, the seer council can add on warlocks without number. So, they could litterally be unstoppable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

A friend of mine who plays 1k sons figured out that if he fielded a lord with chosen retuine, 2x20 rubric marines with decked out ACs, 1x20 rubric teminators with a decked out retuine, and 1x20 chosen terminator champions, he would be able to field 11.833 points under these rules. I dont think that IĀ“ll enter, DE just cant stand up to the number of expensive units that the other armies can field.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

wel.... for your mandatory HQ have the archon a/ full incubi retinue on a raider.

for the 2 troops, full 20 man squads w/ 2 vblasters, 2 dark lances, and full wargear on the sybarites.

as for your other 2 units, have a dracon w/ full incubi retinue on (you guessed it, another raider)

then.... maybe a 10 man squad of reavers?
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    A friend of mine who plays 1k sons figured out that if he fielded a lord with chosen retuine, 2x20 rubric marines with decked out ACs, 1x20 rubric teminators with a decked out retuine, and 1x20 chosen terminator champions, he would be able to field 11.833 points under these rules. I dont think that IĀ“ll enter, DE just cant stand up to the number of expensive units that the other armies can field.
    Holy crap, he actually have 80 terminators

That is a think that will stop people from doing these uber armies of doom, they simply wont have the models for it.

If you still will enter this tourny.

Get the 9 incubus + master with maxed out wargear and wyches also decked out. Could be fun if those incubi would reach those space marines... :w00t:

Cheers dancey
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

+ Reply to Thread