Eldar-Iyanden: 1997pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar-Iyanden: 1997pts

Evening,

Taking my first craig at the Craftworld lists. Any suggestions / comments ?
    Ok after all the suggestions and comments heres the re-edited list.
    Thanks again for the comments guys

HQ
    -----Farseer x1
    --------Singing Spear
    --------Guide

Trps
    -----WraithGuard x 2 units x 5models
    --------SpiritSeer x 1model
    -----------WitchBlade
    -----------Shuriken Pistol
    -----------Enhance
    --------Wave Serpent
    -----------TLinked Star Cannons/Bright Lances
    -----------Spirit Stone

-----WraithLords x 2models
    --------Bright Lances/Star Cannons

Fast Attack
    -----Vypers x 3models
    --------Spirit Stone
    --------HoloField

Heavy Support
    -----Falcon x 1 models
    --------Spirit Stone
    --------Holofield
    --------Bright Lance

Elites
    -----Warp Spiders x 1 unit x 5 models
    --------Exarch

-----Striking Scropions x 1 unit x 5models
    --------Grenades: Haywire & Plasma
    --------Exarch
    -----------Biting Blade
    -----------Crushing Blow
    --------Wave Serpent
    -----------Spirit Stone

Thanks
    Deasun

Last edited by tirnaog; May 4th, 2006 at 17:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

HQ:

I see you are going for a mobile approach, in this case it makes the avatar a very strange choice since he is slow. He won't compliment the army very well.

Might be worth giving the farseer a witchblade instead since he will get more attacks on the charge. Also consider runes of witness, very cheap and very useful.

Troops:

These are fine, though I presume you have a spirit seer and wave serpant for each squad. The Witchblades though are a waste IMO to what is primarily a shooting squad. If these got caught in combat a witchblade will not turn the tide since you have small squads and low number of attacks. The precaughtion factor I can understand but compared to efficency it's a waste.

Fast:

Main point here is to give them all just starcannons since single shot weapons arn't the best choice on an average ballistic skill. Also these vehicals are too fragile to invest holo felds and spirit stones on, they also deal close to no damage for what you pay for. IMO get rid of these upgrades, if it's survivability you want get a crystal targetting matrix since it avoids them getting hit all together, their small size also makes this upgrade practical.

Heavy:

Give the falcon a starcannon instead of brightlance since you can't shoot both that and pulse laser in the same turn while you can with starcannon. Apart from this it's fine.

Elites:

The warp spiders are good except the size is too small to do much. You want at least 18-20 shots to make a huige impact on the battle. Bulk this squad out and also consider withdraw exarch power as this will get them out of trouble should they get caught in combat (which they arn't too suited too)

The scorpians are just like the war spiders, the squad is too small to make a real differeance in the feild. IMO scrap the wave serpant and give the exarch stealth. This will allow them to get close quick and cheaply, also gives you the points to bulk out both squads. Also knock out the grenades, while people say they are good for value, they increase the points alot and why waste a squad that is mainly a infantry killer against tanks, you waste the squads potential if you do. Also consider scoprians claw instead of biting blade, since it allows you to hit hard against any tough foes (terminators) and with a squad of scorpians to sheild the exarch you need't fear him dying before striking his blows. Consider removig the avatar as well to get the points you need.

Overall:

I think the list has good concept although I do consider some areas of it a bit tacky (like the two five man squads). It has potential, please do consider following my advice about the warp spiders and scorpians though since they are your only real defence against horde armies. At the moment I see an equal points tyrannid horde army just wiping this list away.
    Last edited by Heiromyo; May 4th, 2006 at 01:19.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

So happy to see another player challenging himself with Iyanden
    Quote Originally Posted by tirnaog
    HQ
    -----Farseer x1
    --------Singing Spear
    --------Guide
    Avatar is an odd choice for a mobile Iyanden army. Farseer can really use a witch blade and fortune, spirit stones and a pistol
    Trps
    -----WraithGuard x 2 units x 5models
    --------SpiritSeer x 1model
    -----------WitchBlade
    -----------Shuriken Pistol
    -----------Enhance
    --------Wave Serpent
    -----------Spirit Stone
    I might be misreading but one or two spirit seers? Needs to be two. Overall for a 2k point mobile army, I think 10 wraithguard models is WAY too few. I would perhaps add another 5 man unit
    -----WraithLords x 2models
    Obviously Good
    Fast Attack
    -----Vypers x 3models
    --------Spirit Stone
    --------HoloField
    Stones and holo field arent needed most of the time, in a slow army, quick units get torn apart very quickly so I would try to keep em cheap and out of harms way.
    Heavy Support
    -----Falcon x 1 models
    --------Spirit Stone
    --------Holofield
    --------Bright Lance
    Good also, would consider putting star cannon on falcon
    Elites
    -----Warp Spiders x 1 unit x 5 models
    --------Exarch
    I am not a big fan of putting a lot of aspect warriors into Iyanden army and forgeting about the whole strategy, so I would either greatly increase the squad to about 6-8 with exarch or completely remove it which is the best choice in my opinion
    -----Striking Scropions x 1 unit x 5models
    --------Grenades: Haywire & Plasma
    --------Exarch
    -----------Biting Blade
    -----------Crushing Blow
    --------Wave Serpent
    -----------Spirit Stone
    The scorpions are a good choice on the other hand, but there needs to be 10 with exarch if the squad is to succeed. I dont find grenades, biting blade or crushing blow any good at all. My version of exarch is with scorpion claw and stealth, very usefull

Overall, the number of ghost warriors is very small for 2k point army. Even for a mobile army, I would have at least 3 units of 5 with spirit seer. I dont like having warp spiders in Iyanden, they are expensive and most of the time the primary target of my oponent. Because I always stay loyal, I would drop the vypers and add another wraithlord but thats just me. Avatar is only for the on foot army of Iyanden. Scorpions are a good choice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. I redited the list taking into account ye're suggestions.
    Now to build it!

+ Reply to Thread