Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So there is this event happening at my games workshop for like a pre medusa v every one will be makeing kill teams to go into a space hulk points are 160 points you can only have one model with 2 wounds. nothing bigger then troops. Its going to be in a ship so close combat stuff. But a lot of people are talking about bringing alot of flamers and shotguns. My only other thought was I dont have to have a hq so I could get more wyches or something.
1 Wych Dracite (HQ)
Agoniser (x1); Splinter Pistol (x1); Wych Weapons
5 Wych Retinue
Splinter P. & CCW (x5); Wych Weapons
Models in Army: 6
Total Army Cost: 158
10x beast masters. (Wyches that run with the warp beasts, is beast master the right term?) You get an agonizer, a pistol, fleet of foot, and a 12 inch charge, for only the same cost as a space marine.
Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.
I don't think it would be good to use that many points on one model in a Kill Team game. I would drop the lord for a Succubus with Agoniser and take an additional 3 Wyches with Wych Weapons.
As to the Beastmasters, as sick as that would be, you have to remember they don't recieve the 4+ Invulnerable save like other Wyches. Besides that, if following normal Kill Team rules, that would give the opponent one hell of a point boost.
Last edited by Ioregnak; May 4th, 2006 at 21:59.
The only problem I had with doing that with the wyches is with all the flame throwers running around if I get hit by them or the shotgun teams I will probally lose most of my guys with getting hit by that.
I've got a crazy kill team
it consists of:
1 Lord Archon w/Crucible of Malediction, combat drugs, Gruesome talisman, hell mask, 4 plasma grenades, 2 haywire grenades, shadow feild, poisoned blades, Terrorfex, & trophy rack.
1 Drazhar (hero)
1 Urien Rakarth (hero)
5 wyches w/ wych weapons, 1 blaster, 1 shredder, 12 haywire grenades (2 per model), 15 plasma grenades (3 per model).
31 warriors (6 dedicated to retinue) w/ 3 splinter cannons, 1 dark lance.
5 reavers w/ 1 shredder, 1 blaster.
1 talos w/ webway portal.
1 Raider w/ horrorfex, screaming jets, scythes, slave snares, torture amp, and trophy racks.
comming to a grand total of 1256 pts
yea i know it doesn't fit into your category for kill games, but this setup still owns
Last edited by Lord Avtek Citandeul; May 7th, 2006 at 21:21.
I'm sorry but I just have to say......o.OOriginally Posted by Lord Avtek Citandeul
...I don't know what to say. Are you playing 40k, or is this some other game I'm unfamiliar with?Originally Posted by Lord Avtek Citandeul
There are so many things wrong with that list (especially if it's supposed to be a kill team) that I'm not even going to bother trying to list them. :wacko:
i do play 40k, there really is nothing wrong with it, and its CLEARLY just my army list, i know that the Talos can't hold the Webway Portal, i usually just give it to one of my elites like my mandrakes, for when their in hidden deployment. but other than that there is nothing wrong.Originally Posted by Dranthar
Retrono said in the first post, "every one will be makeing kill teams to go into a space hulk points are 160 points you can only have one model with 2 wounds. nothing bigger then troops."
Lord Avtek Citandeul, what are you flipping talking about?
Believe me, there is alot wrong with that list;Originally Posted by Lord Avtek Citandeul
1. You cannot have multiples of the same wargear item on a model (eg. 4 plasma grenades)
2. You cannot have more than 100 pts of items from the wargear section on a single character (your archon has at least 103 - I can't remember the points cost of the crucible)
3. You only pay for grenades once per model in wych squads, ie. you cannot take more than one of each type per model
4. You need to divide your warriors into seperate squads when writing your army list - not buy them all in a whole bunch and divide them up later.
5. The raider is bought as an addition to a squad, not as a seperate transport that you can dedicate later.
6. The talos can't take a WWP (I know you acknowleged that later, but...
7. Mandrakes can't take a webway portal either - being a wargear item, it can only be given to a model that has rules saying it is allowed to take wargear (like a Dark Eldar Lord, Sybarite, Succubus, Incubi Master or Haemonculus)
8. This breaks every Kill team rule (mutable and immutable) that I'm aware of.
9. Even ignoring all of the above points, this is still not a very good army list from a gaming standpoint. Most players, new and veteran, would not have a difficult time wiping out this army in a game.
I don't mean to be cruel, but it shows that you aren't yet familiar with the rules of 40k or army list selection. I suggest you read through the rulebook and codex a bit more, or get the help of someone who knows how to play the game. :yes: