Fast Havoc army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast Havoc army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast Havoc army

Just made this list, 2000 points, please tell me what you think of it:

Tyrant
    Wings
    2x Scything talons
    Acid Maw
    Adrenaline Glands (I & WS)
    Flesh hooks
    Toxic miasma
    Toxin sacs
    Warp field

Broodlord
    Extended carapace
    Toxin sacs
    Flesh hooks
    Feeder tendrils
    Retinue:
    5 Genestealers
    Extended carapace

3 Lictors

2x 3 warriors
    Adrenaline glands (I & WS)
    Extended carapace
    Toxin sacs
    Leaping
    Scything talons
    Rending claws

4x 16 Hormagaunts

2x 6 Genestealers
    Extended carapace
    Scuttlers

3x 1 Ravener
    Scything talons and rending claws

Points: 1947 Models: 95 Units: 16 (note: perhaps exchange 1 ravener for 8 gargoyles (2003 points))

The army is focused around causing havoc, being in combat on turn 2, and target saturation. Ideally the opponent won't be able to shoot too much on turn one should he get to go first, as i deploy behind cover. I will then spend one turn under heavy fire (still sticking to cover, though), and assault in my second turn. In that one turn the enemy will have so many threats rushing out at him he won't know which to target. The flying tyrant? The Broodlord and retinue? The raveners, the warriors, or perhaps the genestealers? And what about all those hormagaunts? Many targets, many decisions. As the whole army is relatively quick, synapse for the gaunts shouldn't be a problem. Warriors in the back, tyrant and BL in the front. The only unit possibly assaulting in turn 3 are the warriors, if the enemy deploys more than 24 inches away. But he'll have more pressing problems than them, I hope.
    I intend to use this list mainly against Space marines, Eldar, Tau, and to some extent necrons.
    Any tips and suggestions are more than welcome! :yes:

Mods Edit -
    Please don't post individual points costs. Unit level costs are fine (if you want to add them back in) but upgrade and model costs are not.

~Cal

Last edited by Caluin; May 7th, 2006 at 22:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, no one seems to want to leave any input regarding my list.
    I hope the reason isn't that it's below anyone's pride to rate such a bad list.

I know that my list contains no ranged weapons whatsoever, and for this reason I'm considering adding a zoanthrope with synapse and warp blast for 65 points, which would bring my points total to 2012, which is fine as I don't intend to visit any tournaments with this list.
    It's supposed to be more of a fun list against friends, to psyche them out.

Anyway, I'd be really happy if someone could actually leave me any feedback to work with regarding the list. That would really be great. :sleep:

+ Reply to Thread