very evil 1850 necron list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very evil 1850 necron list

unto all the servants of the c'tan take this knowlege and go forth and harvest....
    (really my step brother and I made this up and think it's really good any critiques would be appriciated or any thanks for showing off a nice mean list for the good of all necron players would also be nice)

hq
    lord
    gaze of flame, rez orb, lightning field

lord
    d-body, phaze shifter, rez orb warscythe

troops
    14 warriors

14 warriors

fast
    3 wraiths

3 wraiths

3 wraiths

heavy

3 heavy destroyers

3 heavy destroyers

3 heavy destroyers

the basic idea is that the dbody lord and the wraiths jet across the field engage and destroy fast units and or heavy support (9 * 4 attacks from wraiths on the chargehitting on 4's or 3's and wounding on generally 2's + 4 warsacye attacks hitting on 4's or 3's and wounding on 3's or 2's wiht no save, the group init for a sweeping advance is 6 so will useually ace a unit and hopefully lock another if not the group save is 3 invul and the lord has 4 invuln, wbbb brings the survivability quite high. the hd's fire off 9 las cannons a turn to melt IC's or vehicles and almost never need a rez orb nearby at t5 coupled with great mobility.
    the core of the army slowly advance to the middle of the table for optimum shooting with the gof and the lightning field selling an assault at a dear cost. against a very fast assaulty army the wraiths and d-lord can redirect to hammer on assault marine or eqivalent trying to hit the main body or cut down whats left after 9 str 9/ap2 shots.
    the list works well aginst blood angels (assalt masters imo) and rapes weaker shooty armies.
    again any thought on improving or attaboys for posting a lethal list for all to use is appriciated.

for their name is death and their number come from west virginia, RedNecron

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Observations:
    Might want to cut down on the heavy destroyers go with 3 squads of 1, keep them within 6" and they can still make WBB but can target 3 seperate units and frees up 390 points to throw in to elites to round out your force or more warriors to increase your overall mass. Aside from that, should be a lot of fun running those wraiths around snatching up any shoot bits

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

That looks like a fairly solid list. The only thing I'd be wary of are stand and shoot armies or full on CC armies. "Balanced" armies (with CC and long range dedicated units) should be easier to deal with. 9 Heavy Ds are going to get 6 hits a turn (statistically). They are great against vehicles, but lousy at taking down troops. Admittedly, that's what the DLord and Wraiths are for but if the army is large enough, you'll run into trouble.

Facing this army with a shooty army (Tau, infantry heavy IG), I'd do this:

If I win first turn, turn all my guns on the Heavy Ds, trying to wipe out as many as possible, then let you move and turn my attentions to the Wraiths and DLord. I would go so far as to say I'd commit my entire firing force onto these 4 units and try to cause as much damage as possible.

If I lost first turn, I'd turn whatever vehicle I had left and my foot units onto the Wraiths first. Once that unit suffered damage and made it to CC or got wiped out, then I'd turn onto the Heavy Ds.

It'll be easier to suggest tactics for facing a CC heavy army. Let them get close so you can bring the most number of guns/models to bear. If you charge your Wraiths and DLord off on their own against a Tyranid army or a Khorne army, just count them as lost. Wraiths have high strength and lots of attacks, but with only the Lord's power weapon attacks, CC could very easily go to the opponent.

If you hold off before charging with the DLord/Wraiths, you can use the CC to block LoS from the enemies shooting units and concentrate on the closer CC units.

A Phase Out of 14 is a little low for an 1850, but good use of cover on your Heavy's and quickly reaching CC with your Wraiths DLord should help.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Since it is basically a CC list would some flayed ones be a good idea? since they and infiltrate or deep strike they are surprisingly fast for foot troops.

Maybe use the FO to fill up your elite choice(s).

If you were to put them in I would drop each heavy D squad down to 2 strong and it leaves you with 15 points to play around with.

+ Reply to Thread