Eldar non craft, 1K - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Eldar non craft, 1K

10 howling banshees 160
    Wave serpant star cannons and spirit stones 135

6 Dire avengers 72
    5 Defender squads Starcannon 90
    5 Defender squads Starcannon 90

Vyper starcannons 65
    Vyper starcannons 65

Wraithlord Bright lances 120
    Wraithlord Bright lances 120

This is my mates army, did very well against my Iron Warriors. What do you guys think?

DJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be better articulated, for example the HQ really has no use for me. A Farseer with a useful power like guide/fortune would help.

Wave serpent is more useful with Twin linked brightlances.

Also Dire Avengers in such low numbers and without a transport aren't too hot. I'd prefer to go with Warp spiders if you need horde killing.

The guardian squads need a warlock with conceal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Hardly a very hard hitting army IMO. The problem here is that you are trying to fit too many squads in a small sized army. I think 5-6 squads should be about right for this army.

HQ:

I agree here with MoosieFate, while the avatar is strong and a good choice for it's points cost it is very slow. It suffers from being shot to peices and it isn't scoring. A Farseer is far my supportive of the army, and if given a witchblade can team up with banshees and offer the squad some real resiliance. Note that this is not limited to only banshees.

Elites:

Again as MoosieFate says brightlances will serve better than starcannons. Apart from this the squad seems fine.

Troops:

This I personally don't like. Buying small squads of Gaurdians just to deploy a starcannon. Nothing wrong with it I must admit but Big squads are just far better as they give you surviability, scoring for longer, and offer a huge punch against infantry. Honestly I think these should be at least squads of ten, ideally about sixteen. Also consider getting a farseer to give these conceal.

As for your Dire Avengers make them squads of ten also since you ideally want at least 20 shots coming off so it makes some sort of difference in the battle. Same goes for the Gaurdians.

Fast:

Not much wrong with the vyper set up themselves but these are so weak and you have nothing to protect them it's better off spending the points on something else. 36" is not a huge range, saying you will keep these out of range of other units will not cut it, if these had a range of 48 or more I might agree, but currently I would favour a Falcon with starcannon.

Heavy:

These are ok, though I would scrap one of them to make points for a falcon and bulk up the other squads.

Summary:

Remove:

-2 Vypers
    -Wraithlord

Add:

-Farseer with witchblade, runes of witness, Guide or Fortune
    -Bulk out the three troops choices up to ten man each at least
    -Falcon with starcannon, spirit stone and holofeild

Problem with your current army:

Trying to fit too many squads with starcannons in such a small points limit.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

It is a very cheap kind of powergaming army that Eldar are famous for. The Dire Avengers could be changed for a Vyper for some extra cheese.

Lacks anti-horde power, but will do well against marines.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

+ Reply to Thread