1000 pts Biel-Tan (Tourney) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts Biel-Tan (Tourney)

Hi all

This is for 1000 pts at my local GW. I really like fire dragons, so I thought i'd base an army around them.

Court of the Young King-144
    3x Fire Dragon Exarchs, all have burning fist warrior power.

6x Fire Dragons+Exarch-113
    6x Fire Dragons+Exarch-113

6x Fire Dragons+Exarch-113 (Court joins here)
    -Mounted in a waveserpent with a Spirit Stone and TL Bright Lance

Falcon with holo-field, spirit stone, starcannon-190}
    Falcon with holo-field, spirit stone, starcannon-190}
    The other fire dragon squads will be mounted in these

General plan is to use the invincible falcons to zoom around and unleash firey death upon anything (troops, tanks, Fusion guns cut through a lot!)

The Court is my only decently effective CC unit, with re-rolls to wound and no armor saves. Plus that unit is big with 9 fusion gun shots followed by a nasty assault. LMK what you think.

-Johnny

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

What do you mean by "Court joins here?" The COTYK cannot be transported because of the avatar and if they walk on foot and the 6x dragons ride in the Wave Serpeant, the 6x dragons will have to wait for the COTYK to join with them...
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I misred the craftworld codex, sorry the list is currently illegal. I'll rework it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Can you get flamers in Fire Dragon squads?

If so you can always run as a highyl mobile SoB army ( Heresy!.. on both sides! )

You weakness would be fragility, but that could be offset by your extreme mobility, and that fact that your transports are pretty much as hard as they get. I know the wave serpents are fragile compared to a Falcon, but compared to a Rhino, I think they are much tougher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

~ No, firedragons come with their fusion gun and are stuck with their fusion gun...If you want flamers than just get a storm guardian squad.

~ Eldar can't be allied to Witch Hunters so no, he can't have a mobile SoB army.

~ Every Biel-Tan army is fragile, but as you said yourself, it's offset by our mobility :yes:
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah um...no. Just no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Emp.
    ~ Eldar can't be allied to Witch Hunters so no, he can't have a mobile SoB army.
    I didn't mean allied with an SoB army, merely that loads of falcons and serpents carring "Fire Storm" squads, aka Storm Guardians /w Warlock-Destructor and 2 Flamers, would greatly resemble a mech SoB army. Sorry for the confusion.

Sure no power armor, but more mobile and better AT from the rest of the army. Could be fun in Cityfight

Quote Originally Posted by Emp.
    ~ Every Biel-Tan army is fragile, but as you said yourself, it's offset by our mobility :yes:
    I think the our defense has some holes in it, but I would bet that some of my Scorpions, Falcons, and Farseers (Oh My ) will live through tough engagements. Unless I do something really stupid. Or my opponent does, but in a good way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

~ Their toughness depends on the army you are playing, I'm talking about all around, against every army in most cases, we are weak on the defense side.

~ Farseer + 5x Warlocks < Psycannon, Incinerator
    Scorpions < Anything AP3 and lower, p-weapons
    Falcons...well anything str-6 and above can bring it down but here, I must admit, our Falcons are VERY tough to take down :yes:

+ Reply to Thread