Librarium Online Forums banner

New to Kroot, 1500 Points

2K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  ShadowZora13 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, I'm going to start Kroot soon, and wanted to get an idea for a list out there and critisized. Here I go.

Fast Reflex Kroot - 1500 Points
The Aloh'Shas'ka Warband

Headquarters - 147
B'Yeldi, Master Shaper [Wings, Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon w/ Veneration Charm, Blood of the Stalker, Mark of the Favoured Child, Kroothawk Totem, Fast Reflexes] - 147

Troops - 651
19 - Carnivore Kindred [Shaper with Eviscerator; Fast Reflexes] - 217

Fast Attack - 568
20 - Vulture Kindred [Shaper with Eviscerator, Blood of the Stalker; Fast Reflexes] - 306

10 - Kroot Hound Pack [14 Kroot Hounds, Hyperactive Nymune Organ, Fast Reflexes, Shaper with Surefoot Charm, Blood of the Stalker, Eviscerator] - 262

Heavy Support - 111
10 - Hunter Kindred [Shaper with; Fast Reflexes] - 111

Total: 1497

Any help is appreciated.

For a small story about the "Ghouly" Kroot, click Here.

EDIT: For anybody interested, I'm pretty sure B'Yeldi means "Winged Shepherd", and Aloh'Shas'ka means "The cold star (or sun)"

See less See more
#2 ·
hmm, I'd say make the vultures your biggest squad, as they are more important. Also, unless the M shaper is hooking up them them instead of the council, give them BotS (or to the council if the m shaper is on the vulture kindred)

But really, the council is rather large and point heavy. I'd say you are better off with 3 shapers in it, or get a 20-30 man hound squad with BotS, Surefoot, and hyper nymune, as bodies are what counts in a kroot list, especially a low model count one like ork hybrid.

Also, you might want to invest in a hunter kindrid for cheap super effective sniper squad (second best sinper squad in the game, next to pathfinders.)

The general build of the list is fine, just need to spread the points out to more models and get them in closer, faster.

Hope I helped.

#3 ·
Edited the list some, removed the Shaper Council and a squad of Carnivores to add more Vulltre Kindred, a large squad of Kroot Hounds, and a squad of Hunter Kindred. What do you think?

#4 ·
Looks good, but the Hunter Shaper is a bit...expensive. The eviscerator is not needed, and he should keep his hunting rifle whenever possible. If you want to give him a kick in cc, a power weapon will do, but really he doesnt need any because... the hunter squad will be hanging back from the rest of the army in the best wood cover they can find with good los to the enemy, so the auspex is sorta wasted because of its sort range, but if you go the points, keep it. its just that with the entire kroot army infiltrating, the enemy infiltrators will be competeing with the space that is being taken up by the kroot, no getting close to your deployment zone, or off to the sides, like your hunters will be, and even if they were, hunters deploy first in that army, so they will get there before the enemy infiltrators most likely.

hope that helps.

#5 ·
Well nice list but I don't find Ork Hybrid worth taken it is simply too expensive IMO and you don't need an evicerator on the hunter shaper if you are planning for cc I would recommend higher I can't remember the name right now since I don't have the dex on me or perhaps the one that makes you take template hits as partial since you need to kill vehicles in cc since you don't have krootoxes

#6 ·
Yea, I just went wiht my standard shaper in the Hunter squad because I wasn't thinking. Edit. I am using the Auspex because I had extra points, lol.

#7 ·
I like the auxpex with your hunters since that makes them better set against infiltrators but you need to drop the evicerator on the shaper

#9 ·
Much better lists now. I only have one thing now.
Your Master Shaper doesn't need wings, if you want him to be fast then give him FoF, which also will provide you with ten points left. Buy one Carnivore and you are on 1500 pts.

#11 ·
I know but then again your master shaper is not build for cc he will need a power weapon then. I'll give you some more help when I'm not so tired as I am right now

#13 ·
Æther-MØØSE said:
You must have been pretty tired, He has a Master Crafted Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol.
My bad sorry.

But I assume that it is an error that the vultures have ork hybrid, since they have to have fast reflex like the rest of the army

#15 ·
Wow...Its scary how standard kroot lists are becoming... Ah well, seems like I have influence somewhere...

The list looks fine...oddly familiar, but good all the same. I wouldn't change anything, atleast I can't think of anything at the moment.

#16 ·
ShadowZora13 said:
Wow...Its scary how standard kroot lists are becoming... Ah well, seems like I have influence somewhere...

The list looks fine...oddly familiar, but good all the same. I wouldn't change anything, at least I can't think of anything at the moment.
Heh don't take all the Honor, but that is actually a good thing that kroot mercs are becoming a more normal pick.... I like it

#18 ·
ShadowZora13 said:
I wasn't trying to, but i hae posted a few lists just like that, heck thats almost identical to my votewar infantry list, just larger cause of point values.
I know, and btw nice list and congrats with the third place. Charge in first round is nice and having first turn 75% of the time is also worth taken (perhaps I should try so aswell). My only concern is when you faces Wych Cults, which I will about 75% of the time since my normal playing buddy plays several Wych Cults

#20 ·
I used to, but it depends on who you are facing. If it's marines, either eldar, nids, and anything else with a I higher than 4, maybe take hybrid, or nothing at all, cause FA is wasted on them although marines, it might be a good idea, though I find the extra bodies makes up for what is lost before your Int step.

Fast reflex is a must against tau, WH, and IG, and a nice thing vs orks. Going first will let you crush most of those armies in cc.

But then theres some where bodies are more important than either. I'd say necrons, you're better off with just plain kroot, or if you must, ork.

Well, overall, id say ork is more useful as it will get a use vs every enemy, but if you are going tourney, or something, you might want to consider no adapts instead. Fast reflex is nice and cheap, but if your up against eldar nids and marines all day you wont be liking it as much as that extra 10+ kroot you could have gotten.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.