1000pt invasion force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt invasion force

alright, an army im working towards, give me thoughts and what to change perhaps
    ok ths force is meant to represent the hidden forces and initial invaders before the brunt of the hive fleet strikes the planet
    as such, broodlord will always infiltrate(to represent it bursting out of hiding) and the gargoyles will always deep strike(to represent them swwoping out of the skies
    and of course, lictors are deep striking

HQ:
    Broodlord: 90
    extended carapace
    toxin sacs
    retinue: genestealers: 5: 100
    extended carapace

brood: 190pts
    HQ total: 190pts

Elite:
    2 lictors: 160pts
    i test ran a single lictor againt a few armies(first time fielding one)... and so far, its either done nothing and lived, or done nothing and died...
    when are they effective? are they worth it? how would you use them?

Elite total: 160pts

Troops:
    genestealers: 7
    extended carapace
    brood: 140
    extended carapace
    extended carapce

troop total: 420

fast attack:
    gargoyles: 10
    brood: 120
    gargoyles: 9
    108pts

fast attack total: 228pts

total: 998pts

im still in planning stages for this so... any changes i should make? anything i should cut out altogether?

all feedback is appreciated ^_^

Last edited by Dark_exCal; May 20th, 2006 at 18:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Gargoyles are fast attack, not troops... and not worth the points, either. 12 points for a 6+ save gaunt with a flesh borer? After they deep strike, one blast weapon is going to ruin their day.

As for lictors, they can be useful at times, but mostly are a waste. That said, I do use one in my 1850 and 2000 point lists. Their main objective: kill hidden basilisks / whirlwind. If none on the board, try to hit just any non-skimmer vehicle... And if none of those, go for weak squads (small guard squads, dark reapers, etc.). Their phermone trail can be helpful in reserves/escalation missions, too.

With your army, hope you don't go up against a falcon, hammerhead, LSTs, or any other skimmers, really. Otherwise, with a broodlord and 26 stealers, should be able to do well. If it were me, I'd drop the lictors (or at least 1) and the garg's... add in a flying tyrant with 2xTL-devourers, and either more stealers or maybe some flying warriors. In 1000 pt games, the enemy shouldn't have enough to cover all firing lanes so that the flying warriors should be able to make combat with the use of cover. Worst case, you use your tyrant to block sight.
    Last edited by moob; May 20th, 2006 at 16:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh lictors are only good at taking out terain hugging tanks like the basalisk or pickking on extremely small lightly armoured troops such as scouts

personally i don't beleive they are worth 80 points each and thus don't plan on including any which really peives me as their models are some of the best ever

as to your list i would combine the gargoyle broods, scrap toxin sacs on ur lord and extended carapace as well as the licktors use the left over to increase ur stealer sizes to 12 and if anythings left increase the gargoyle brood
    Last edited by Plague_00; May 20th, 2006 at 18:50.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_exCal
    Elite:
    2 lictors: 160pts
    i test ran a single lictor againt a few armies(first time fielding one)... and so far, its either done nothing and lived, or done nothing and died...
    when are they effective? are they worth it? how would you use them?
    Lictors are a genestealer which is very good at taking out the backs of tanks. As someone has said before the priority should be Tank>Hvy Wpn Squads>Helping out weaker troops in CC (feeder tendrils). They are extremely effective if used well and with a bit of luck. Don't forget to hit and run, I had one go through a lemun russ and a chimera before easily earning his points back. He has a pretty good chance at doing that too.. S6 on AV 10 with 4 attacks on the charge = lethal. A death leaper is even better because of the extra attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_exCal
    fast attack:
    gargoyles: 10
    brood: 120
    gargoyles: 9
    108pts
    deep striking gargolyes is kinda suicidal. They have 10 leader shipso consider starting them off normally they should easily get a turn two assault (before you could only get a turn 3) and if the lictor helps them out they get 4 attacks 1x flesh borer 1x bioplasma and 2 attacks that hit on a 3+ (feeder tendrils) they are also useful against skimmers with the bioplasma though only weakly armoured skimmers.

Its a nice different list however I feel you wil struggle against pie plate armies like Tau, AC, IG, one hellhound and you might as well kiss this list goodbye.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

+ Reply to Thread