1000pt army list for nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    munich, Germany
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1000pt army list for nids

Decided to start building tyranids last month and designed a list on what i had lying around. Could anyone give me some help refining it and be as harsh as you like.
    + 6 genestealers

3 tyranid warriors
    +scything talons

10 genestealers
    10 hormagaunts
    16 gaunts
    + flesh borers
    + 2x spike rifles
    + without number

Heavy support-
    + crushing claws
    + scything talons
    + toxic miasma
    + scythe tail
    + spine banks
    + thornback
    + tusked
    + reinforced chitin
    + barbed strangler
    + twin linked deathspitter
    + enhanced senses
    + tail weapon mace
    + spine banks
    + reinforced chitin

Any help mush appreciated. thx

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

Hq- Broodlords are awesome, you may want extended carp on these tho

Elites- I personally would not get spinefists on warriors, either gear them for cc, going like rending/scyth and leaping or else make them shooty, give them better weps and BS if your going this route. It really depends on the rest of your army, for me I like to use a couple decent sized squads of hormies when I play nids (in larger games), so I use my cc warriors, to reinforce the swarm. In 1000pts I would sugguest shooty, the cc guys tend to cost a bit more.

Troops- The stealers are nice, again extd carp is good. Last game I played nids I went a swarm army of loads of gaunts/gene's and a broodlord, I never got extd carp and ended up playing a marine, getting no save vs. bolters is not good. The hormies are ok, 10 might be a little small, I really dislike the gaunt squad way to many pts, without number is not good imo, I also won't get flesh guns, but you could try it I suppose. With a range of 12" you'll likely only get like 1 round of shooting, with these guys before you want to join the swarm of cc, the spinefists are the same range and twin-linked but arn't living ammo, but do cost 50% as much.

Hvy- Your fex's are a little confused I think, for the gun fex I would sugguest getting the cookie cutter, sense, veno, barbed, extd carp (or chit in a 1000 pts there will be less ap3 guns, unless its eldar but then its ap2 starcannons anyway, damn them!). For your cc fex your spending alot of pts into him, I have never really liked cc fex I think you can get more out of a hive tyrant for similiar pts cost. Or else just more troops. But, if you want to try him, it could be fun.

+ Reply to Thread