Ignore this list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

299 (x7)

Ignore this list

I would like to play an army list that's not a cookie cutter list.

I would like it to make some sense. The TE codex says the most common "team" is a fire warrior team, not a stealth/crisis/broadside team, and that they normally have a transport vehicle.

So here's my shot at it:

1500 Tau Empire
    A Cadre is an all-arms grouping roughly equivalent in size to an Imperial Guard company, led by a Cadre Commander. The Cadre is a standing formation, and includes a number of infantry and vehicle units within it, including battlesuits and Hammerhead tanks.

Shas'el - plasma, missile, array, multi, 2 shield drones 127
    2 Bodyguard - plasma, missile, array, multi 164
    I've taken the bodyguard so I can't abuse the shooting at IC rule, as well as the fact that bodyguard are less effective due to having to pay an extra 5pts for pointless WS and I increase.

6 Stealths 180
    The "lone wolves" of the Tau army.

12 Fire Warriors in Devilfish - sms, decoys, multi, array 240
    12 Fire Warriors in Devilfish - sms, decoys, multi, array 240
    As the codex says: "The most common [team] is the Fire Warrior team...A Fire Warrior team normally has a transport vehicle, in the form of a Devilfish troop carrier assigned to it, allowing it to operate as mechanised infantry."
    12 Kroot 84
    As the codex says: "Auxiliary troops such as Kroot Carniovores may be attached for a tactical role". I'm taking them for their tactical ability, not their ability to rip apart marine squads when in large numbers, so while I haven't minimised the squad, it's deliberately small.

Heavy Support
    2 Broadsides - ASS, team leader, 2 shield drones, target lock, bsf 200
    A fairly immobile unit that doesn't need 6's to hit in combat.
    Sniper Drone Team 80
    A poor excuse for a starcannon.
    Hammerhead - railgun, sms, decoys, multi, lock, pod 185
    With only 1, it's not all that hard to take out.

Models: 58
    Total: 1500

Last edited by onlainari; May 24th, 2006 at 13:19.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

+ Reply to Thread