Vanilla Eldar/1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanilla Eldar/1500

I have just painted my first 20 guardians or so and bought a few bits and pieces from my local store, and have been building up what I hope to be a competitive army list. I would really appreciate any criticism or insight in what needs to be done to strengthen it.

The general tactics I plan to use are to have the "shooty" elements deployed along a central line. The two squads of Rangers will be positioned to give covering, and hopefully pinning fire alongside the left central flank. The close combat elements of my force will be deployed along the right flank, so they will be able to sweep into the enemies flank. By setting my forces out as such I am hoping to create a "hammer and anvil approach". The Farseer and his accompanying Warlocks will be located in the middle of my central deployment, so that his Physic powers have maximum potential and so that he can double as a close combat squad if needed.

So without further hesitation here is my list:
    HQ Unit Points Notes

Farseer 243 Mind War, Guide, Spirit Stone, Singing Spear, Shuriken Pistol, Ghosthelm
    Warlock 3xWitchBlade, 3xShuriken Pistol, Conceal, Embolden,Enhance

Troops Guardian Defender Squad 177 10 Troops, Starcannon
    Warlock Conceal, Witch Blade, Shuriken Pistol

Troops Ranger 95 5 Rangers

Elites Wraithguard 225
    Warlock Singing Spear, Conceal, Shuriken Pistol

Elite Striking Scorpions 141 6 Troops Plasma and Haywire Grenades(Rides in falcon)
    Striking Scorpion Exarch Biting Blade, Crushing Blow

Heavy Surport Wraithlord 125 Brightlance

Heavy Surpot Falcon 165 Starcannon, Shruiken Cannon, Scatter Laser, Spirit Stone

Total Points 1523

Thanks for readimy list, and for giving it some thought:yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okies thats have a wee lookies

i do really like this guy. is cheap and has an excellent stat-line. just bear in mind he is very slow with no transport option or even fleet of foot. may get left behind...

Farseer 243 Mind War, Guide, Spirit Stone, Singing Spear, Shuriken Pistol, Ghosthelm
    Warlock 3xWitchBlade, 3xShuriken Pistol, Conceal, Embolden,Enhance
    to be honest im really not liking this squad. you are paying 243pts for four models that cant take that much punishment. i would be tempted to drop the warlocks as then it makes your farseer an independent character again making him much more likely to survive as well as being more flexible. if you are sure about the warlock then dont bother with conceal as your seers already have a better invulnerable save that will be used in all but the rarest cases when fighting demonhunters. remember that in vanilla warlocks dont have to take a psychic power at all. witchblades are also very expensive and bear in mind that all your opponent need to do is cause a single wound and youve lost about 40 points. i think you could do without giving any of them a witchblade although giving just one (maybe to the guy with enhance?) would allow some assault power still. a farseer really doesnt need two powers. i would think about which power you want most. this would save the points from the second power and the pricey spirit stone. also i generally prefer a witchblade to a singing spear as you can combine it with a pistol for +1 attach in cqc but thats personal taste.
    whew i wrote far too much there....

solid choice. not much to say here.

i actually really like rangers but i am in the minority. if you make them work then they are ace. what you could consider is splitting them into smaller squads. this would mean that they will cause more pinning tests and can split their fire to a greater degree.

Elites Wraithguard 225
    Warlock Singing Spear, Conceal, Shuriken Pistol
    i have no experience with these. most people seem to like a small squad in a serpent though

Elite Striking Scorpions 141 6 Troops Plasma and Haywire Grenades(Rides in falcon)
    Striking Scorpion Exarch Biting Blade, Crushing Blow
    you might like to consider adding a few members to this squad and giving them infiltrate. falcons are not the best choice for delivering combat squads as it puts them in a lot of danger. also the scorpions claw is generally a better choice then the biting blade. if you go with the claw then there is also no need for crushing blow. personally i never give my scorpions grenades but some people swear by them so its up to you.

Heavy Surport Wraithlord 125 Brightlance
    a nice, solid choice. again though this guy is pretty slow but could work wonders in protecting your guardians.

Heavy Surpot Falcon 165 Starcannon, Shruiken Cannon, Scatter Laser, Spirit Stone
    i assume by scatter laser you mean pulse laser. only one thing is missing here, all falcons should have a holofield upgrade as it makes them stupidly hard to destroy.

if you havnt splashed out your cash on the wraithguard let you could try considering fire dragons instead. they are cheaper (in money and points) and can do the same job to a similar degree. if you go with infiltrating the scorpions i would recommend a squad of six dragons mounted in the falcon (possibly with an exarch for extra punch). if you can spare the points a couple of vypers with starcannons would also be a wise investment as they add speed and respectable fire power. as an aside your flanking tactic seems solid but remember dont stick too rigidly to it. eldar excel when played in a flexible way.

ye gods i need to learn to condense my posts...anyway hope iv helped!
    Everyone makes mistakes. mine was to leave her head in the fridge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

~ The conceal in you Farseer + Warlock squad is un-needed as they already have a better (rune armour) invul. save.

~ Those wraithguard are too slow without a transport and won't do much for you, consider dropping them

~ The Falcon gear you want is: pulse laser (already on it), starcannon, holo-field, (upgraded) shuri-cannon, and spirit stones...costing 210 points but much better than what you currently have

~ As farmerralph said, those scorpions are too small of a squad, try losing the Wraithguard to bump up their numbers and give the Exarch stealth
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

A Wraithlord with Bright lance is only 120 points.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

+ Reply to Thread