DE and kroot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DE and kroot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DE and kroot

i have just investigated using kroot murc as a shield while the DE move up in the back and sides(Faster unites). it worked really well out of a 2000 pt battle i only lost afew groups of 8pt kroot and only 2 wyches

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I kinda like the kroot idea, I guess I am the underdog army type of guy. The two compliment each other very well - Kroot infiltrate and tie up the enemy while the DE rush in to mop up.

Cant really explain it in fluff but in battle it heard it works well.

Please continue your evaluation, I would like to hear more.

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

I am not a fan of mixing armies that have nothing in common, It could be good idea tactical wise but I stay loyal to DE and only relly on units of its society. But thats just me. The kroot are sweet though, reallynice in CC while warriors could tie the enemy from the distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly, and another good thing is that they dont cost much for large numbers, use em for meat shields ne thing u want since their mercs, might even bring fire power into a close combat fight if u want them for that. An exelent screen for your raiders (No raider casualties) thats something u dont see often

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

hrm... That's a pretty good Idea...

forcing the opposing player to attack the closer, but less dangerous kroot, who have the ability to hold in place vital squads, and tie up shooty units, and thus allowing your precious precious wyches to get into CC that much less unscathed.

one issue I may have, is that a canny player would use small arms against the kroot, and still have the ability to take down the raiders; which is the aim in the first turn anyway....

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

They are pretty cool IMO.

Goes well in character for DE to employ mercenaries.

Infiltrating is a nice little thing as well.

Then servering as a relief painting the army as well without having to buy a new army.

Cheers dancey
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it works well with any type of army, especialy a WWp army which i have noticed seems to be possible, since kroot are better than warp beasts and come in larger numbers as well. plus kroot look cool if u paint em right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Kroot Mercs are much more effective than people think. A tooled up squad costs as much as a Wytch Raider squad but can often get a 1st turn assault. (infiltrate 1d6" closer than normal, ignore difficult terrain from forests, fleet of foot).
    I regularly play against an Ork/DE player who always uses Kroot Mercs. His merc squad is a Shaper with an eviscerator, 8 hounds and 8 kroot. About 40% of the time he can pull off a 1st turn assault. And if the Shaper gets anywhere near a vehicle it's dead.
    Basically if I don't thrown alot of fire at it them the Kroot will always get a second turn charge and they aren't total pushovers in CC either. So all the fire I'm sendning at the Kroot are not being used against his raiders or trukks.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread