2000 pt Mech Tau, Need Ratings/Fixes Fast - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt Mech Tau, Need Ratings/Fixes Fast

HQ:
    1 Shas'O: 137 pts
    Cyclic, Missle Pod, Shield Generator, HW Multi, Stimulant
    1 Shas'O: 159 pts
    Plasma, Missle Pod, Fusion, HW Multi, HW Drone Controller, HW Target Lock, 2 Shield Drones
    2 Bodyguard: 194 pts
    2 Plasma, 2 Missle Pod, 2 Target Array, 2 HW Multi, HW Drone, 2 Shield Drones

Elites:
    6 Stealth: 242 pts
    6 Target Array, Fusion
    3 Crisis: 212 pts
    Plasma, 2 TL Plasma, Missle, 3 Target Array, Team Leader, HW Multi, HW Target Lock
    1 Crisis: 90 pts
    Airburst, TL Plasma, Shas'vre, HW Multi

Troops:
    7 Firewarriors: 100 pts
    Shas'ui, Markerlight
    7 Firewarriors: 90 pts
    Shas'ui, Markerlight
    16 Kroot: 136 pts
    4 Kroot Hounds

Fast Attack:
    6 Vespid: 102 pts
    Strain Leader

Heavy Support:
    1 Hammerhead: 180 pts
    Railgun, SMS, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker, Decoy Launcher

Total: 1992 pts

ok, I know 3 railheads are a bit cheap. But I've tried out not only the ion cannons against a variety of enemies, but also sky rays (in a more static form of tau, in mech skyray is not favorable), and 3 squads of sniper drones (used as fire base for lure & support), and I have to say railguns are more effective in every situation. If I had another 2 broadsides (I only have 1 currently) I may switch over to a squad of them, but for now (especially for mech) I perfer my 3 railheads.

also, concerning the firewarriors, 2 markerlights in the back can be useful to assure railgun hits, or make stealth suits hit even stronger. I like having the 1 fusion on the stealth just incase they get a chance to face a static tank (like say the bloody basilisk or heavy ordnance tanks).

Vespids are a flank intercept unit (like say the ever present space marine assult squad). I don't expect too much from them, but they do tend to stop flank attacks extremely well. Kroot of course make use of forests and use their (almost) bolters to pravoke the enemy and slaughter weak armour units.

The Shas'O with the shield generator is the lone man suit that can take care of essentially anything. I do have to say this about cyclic, It is made purely for BS 5 crisis suits The more hits you get, the more 6's to wound you get, and as it's an auto wound, it has the ability to take down even wraithlords in 2 volley's pretty easily. never give a cyclic to any model that can't hit on 2's >.<;;

anyways, please review/fix asap. need for tomorrow afternoon...

well, at this point, this afternoon.

Donuts anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for those quick reply ratings and fixes.

-_-;;

I won both games I played with this armylist the next day anyways, against chaos (warriors & slaanesh demons & bloodletters) and orks (non speed freaks, easy slaughter).
    Donuts anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, congrats on your victory! however,next time you could maybe do better. heres at it.

strip your second shas'o of all drones and bodyguard. you are reducing his effectiveness by giving him a team, and wasting points by buying the bodyguards.

your stealth suits are a huge points sink, just adding another stealth suit is a better use of 30 points than three targetting arrays.

your crisis suits are also a little flawed. twin linking something with 4 BS is a little pointless. you are getting a single shot that totally hits every turn for 65 points, seeker missiles seem like a better deal. shield drones are questionable, but allright. the crisis with the frag launcher seems silly to me also.

I suggest maxing out both firewarrior squads and giving the shas'ui's target locks so they can help out your other units better.

i also suggest going all or nothing on the kroot hounds.

just some thoughts. truthfully something about your army rubs me te wrong way, but i guess it works ok so more power to you.
    All of which makes me anxious, sometimes unbearably so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xofek
    hey, congrats on your victory! however,next time you could maybe do better. heres at it.

strip your second shas'o of all drones and bodyguard. you are reducing his effectiveness by giving him a team, and wasting points by buying the bodyguards.
    Actually I perfer having the bodyguards and shield drones on him, he can take a more advancing roll and still be safe. Plus bodyguards are better than maxing out another elite criris team (mostly because they can take HW multi trackers). This team pulls it's weight, and I already have my solo shas'o unit. That and I like using all of my criris suits ^^;;

your stealth suits are a huge points sink, just adding another stealth suit is a better use of 30 points than three targetting arrays.
    I've maxed the squad at 6 already. targetting arrays are basically the only good upagrade to give your stealth, and if you've ever used a full squad of stealth, having those extra hit's on 3's instead of 4's does miraculous things. or atleast it does for me. Having that extra 60 pts of wargear on them has more than pulled its weight. also, true they're a pretty big points cost, but the way I've used them, unless I get extremely unlucky, I lose 1 suit max the entire game with them (somehow this always happens, even the few times I lose I still have a near full squad left).

your crisis suits are also a little flawed. twin linking something with 4 BS is a little pointless. you are getting a single shot that totally hits every turn for 65 points, seeker missiles seem like a better deal. shield drones are questionable, but allright. the crisis with the frag launcher seems silly to me also.
    it's true, only having one weapon on them tends to make em not as powerful as I'd like. in gameplay they faired reasonably well, ate through marines decently because I always hit with them, but that's basically all they were good for not counting the commander. for the next game I play I plan on losing the array and the twin linked, and adding a missle pod and multi tracker to each like I did before empire came out. this will maximize their firepower and give uniform weapons to the squad.

and the lone man crisis, he amuses me. he flies around and pisses off the enemy. surprisingly it works pretty well, and as long as I'm not facing MEQ, he tends to eat through the enemy infantry units (like he did with orks). I think I'll replace the plasma with missle pods though. he's just kinda there to prove my theory that lone man crisis can do insane amounts of damage for little points.

oh, and seeker missles can't pull crap for me. trust me, I've tried on sever occasions against several different armies. markerlight armies don't work for me, I'll only throw in a couple just to add a chance of hitting on 2's with some of my hammerheads or other squads.

I suggest maxing out both firewarrior squads and giving the shas'ui's target locks so they can help out your other units better.
    there's an odd number of firewarriors in each squad to fill up the points. I don't really like fire warriors that much. I have 3 full squads available to me to use, but I perfer suit and hammerhead heavy mech tau instead of devilfish. so usually I do minimum fire warrior teams just to fill the troop choices. the markerlights are there because I've realized that it never hurts to add an extra BS to a unit. the other firewarriors I don't count on that much, mostly there to hold corners. I just don't really like using fire warriors...

i also suggest going all or nothing on the kroot hounds.
    ah, I agree. but sadly, I don't have the funds for more right now, and all I have is 4. when I get a little extra cash (kinda hard in college) I may go and get a few more blisters to make it an impressive looking karnivore squad (money is also the reason why my kroot squad is only 16 and not 20).

just some thoughts. truthfully something about your army rubs me te wrong way, but i guess it works ok so more power to you.

thanks for the fixes, I'll take you up on some when I get the money ^^;;
    Donuts anyone?

+ Reply to Thread