Solid 500 pts eldar (normal rules) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid 500 pts eldar (normal rules)

I'm trying to make a solid not absolutely overpowered (3 wraithlords) 500 pts list for eldar.
    This is what I have so far:

1 farseer
    Guide, runes of witnessing, Singing spear

9 guardians + starcannon (and 2 crew)
    warlock with ccw, sp, conceal

9 guardians + starcannon (and 2 crew)
    warlock with ccw, sp, conceal

Vyper with starcannon and ctm

Using the farseer to help the squads fire, I have been using the range of the starcannons to take out numbers before advancing closer, sometimes just keep 'retreating' to keep my range advantage. The vyper is kewl because it can survive really long if need be and can go where it is best suited because of it's speed.

Does anyone have a better global 500 pts eldar list which isn't stupid to play with/against?

The Morbidos Fleet will reclaim the Eldar empire. This time there shall be no mercy. Let them choke in their own blood!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

You should throw in a Bright lance or EML in there, you have nothing over Str6 with decent range. I know I like to bring a Predator to 500 pts games, and it would rip your army apart.

Let the Vyper carry it, IMO.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Guide is not the best for that army. 1 starcannon getting the re-rolls isn't so great and its mainly intended for falcons or vyper squadrons. Mind war will help you better here. OR perhaps this may even be one of the rare occasions to give eldritch storm a try.

Otherwise what Viktor said, an EML on the vyper. Also can you drop the 2 guardian squads to 5 man and add another squad on? drop the warlocks if necessary. You just dont have the firepower at the moment to bring down an advancing enemy army as shuriken catapults wont help you. They will sit at 24" and shoot you to pieces.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I'm not sure how much your farseer is going to be able to do as is.

You might want to think about switching from guide to fortune and putting him on a jetbike. Now he's a surprisingly resiliant unit. They can do the jump in and out of cover thing and it largley takes care of the preditor problem without having to drop a starcannon (which against a lot of vehicles side armor is better than a bright lance anyway, and I think it's better at hitting the rear armor of all mobile vehicles you can see at 500).

I do believe you can fortune and spear right guys?

Added bonus, they can potentially hold up a cc unit. If there aren't any power weapons/fists in it you've got a model with T5 3 wounds and a re-rollable 3+ save. Actually while it puts a lot of points on one guy if you dropped 2 guardians you could also give them mind war, which you can use to pluck out heavy weapons and hidden powerfists(after which you can nearly safely assault).

+ Reply to Thread