1000 pt. mech tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt. mech tau

HQ:
    Shas'o w/ plasma rifle, fusion blaster, shield generator, multi-tracker, and two shield drones = 162

Troops:
    11 fire warriors w/ shas'ui w/ markerlight, and devilfish transport w/ 1 seeker missile = 220
    11 fire warriors w/ shas'ui w/ markerlight, and devilfish transport w/ 1 seeker missile = 220

Fast attack:
    8 pathfinders w/ 3 rail rifles, shas'ui, and devilfish transport = 216

Heavy support:
    Hammerhead gunship w/ railgun, smart missile system, and 2 seeker missiles = 180

Total points: 998
    Model count: 36

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Chuffles2; June 5th, 2006 at 06:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not bad..

a few pointers:

1.) HQ: i) YOU CANT TAKE DRONES WITHOUT DRONE COMMANDER
    ii) You already have a shield generator...why bother with drones
    iii)Dont take drones over a generator...not good

2.) TROOPS: i) NEVER take markerlights with devilfish! they are heavy weapons, so when you jump out of your devilfish you cant use it!
    ii) You cant use a markerlight on the squad who used it, and as the whole squad can only target one unit they are useless

3.) FAST ATTACK: i) again your pathfinders can only target one unit per turn, so use them entirly to markerlight OR entirly to kill....in my opinion they are more usefull markerlighting!

so heres my advice!

1.) sort the shas'o out! take the shield generator, drop the drones! everything else is kk

2.) Drop the leaders in the fw squads and drop the markerlights! buy more fw!

3.) Take more pathfindes with markerlights

4.) take more seeker missiles per tank! you can have up to 2!

5.) buy ur HH a multi tracker!

hope that helps!

C.G

"i pity the poor fool"

COMMISSAR GAUNT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for all the info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about this?

HQ:
    Shas'o w/ plasma rifle, fusion blaster, shield generator, and multi-tracker = 132

Troops:
    12 fire warriors w/ devilfish w/ 2 seeker missiles = 220

Fast attack:
    5 pathfinders w/ devilfish transport = 140

Heavy support:
    Hammerhead gunship w/ railgun, two burst cannon, multi-tracker, and 2 seeker missiles = 180

Total points = 1032

Now I am 32 points over, what should I take out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my advice would be to make one big squad of pathfinders and then use the remaining 120 points or so to buy either some crisis or more firewarriors

C.G

"i pity the poor fool"

COMMISSAR GAUNT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

many people would say that 1000 points is too small a game to use pathfinders, i would be one of these people.

however if you insist, just have one full group of pathfinders. two is WAY to much.

HQ:
    Shas'o w/ plasma rifle, cyclic ion blaster, shield generator, and multi-tracker = 135

Elite:
    Crisis suit w/ fusion blaster, plasma rifle, and multitracker = 62
    Troops:

Fast attack:
    8 pathfinders w/ devilfish transport w/ 2 seeker missiles = 196

Heavy support:
    Hammerhead gunship w/ railgun, two burst cannon, multi-tracker, and decoy launcher= 165

Total points = 998

the reason most people dont use pathfinders in a 1000 point game is because with this list, after you shoot the seeker missiles in the first 2 turns for the rest of the game they only support the firewarriors, or hammerhead to a lesser extent. dosent seem worh it to me. either way i pulled the seekers off the hammerhead, because that is already enough of a point sink as it is and put it onto the pathfinder devilfish.

thats how i would rework your army list.
    All of which makes me anxious, sometimes unbearably so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what would you put in besides pathfinders? and I'm going to be playing against almost all MEQ's so the cyclic ion blaster should be a fusion blaster or something along those lines for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffles2
    HQ:
    Shas'o w/ plasma rifle, fusion blaster, shield generator, and multi-tracker = 132

Troops:

Fast attack:

Heavy support:
    Hammerhead gunship w/ railgun, two burst cannon, multi-tracker, and 2 seeker missiles = 180

Total points = 1032

Now I am 32 points over, what should I take out?
    In 1000pt games you need a few things:

Armour killers, 1000pts lists usually have 1 or 2 tanks and some mid range armour Dreads, wraithlords etc so taking these down fast leaves the opponent very much at a disadvantage, to this end I would advise taking 2 Shas'Els with the fit you have on your Shas'O minus the shield gens, Shas'O's are to expensive realy for 1000pt lists and 2 Els do a just as good a job for 87 pts each.

HQ, most 1000pt games will take a mid level HQ choice (a lot of HQ choices are unusable under 1500pts), Chaos tend to take daemon princes which are tough, but most HQ will be 2/3 wound models with max tgh5 but average out at tgh4, so the Fusion and Plasma are good for taking down HQ, this makes the Shas'Els doubly usefull.

Infantry, most 1000pt lists will be infantry heavy with some transport (like rhinos/Chimeras/falcons) this makes the Hammerhead a must have, I take 2 in 1000pts, they have Railgun BC, Multi and decoys at 165 pts, I take them simply to have the 2 submunnition shots. Fire Warrior squads are also good but I only take one in a DF, one is plenty.

You seem to be putting all your eggs in the one basket full of seeker missiles, you really dont need that many (if any), for a good effective 1000pt list I would take

2 Shas'Els with Fusion, Plasma, multi and one with stim injectors 184pts

1 XV8 lone suit fire knife with multi 54pts

2 FW 12 strong squads with DF with decoys 430pts

2 hammerheads Railgun, BC, Multi and decoys 330 pts

Total 998 pts, you will have a highly mobile list with all units able to move 12" a turn, the Shas'Els are hard to kill if used with independent character status in mind and one gets to ignore half of the wounds it takes on average, the DF will be hard to take down and the Hammerheads are capable of taking anything down in a 1000pt list pretty easily and will really hurt troops, you have loads of armour/tough unit killing choices.
    You get to use the Df and I hope you have the models to take the crisis and extra HH if not proxy models until you can afford them, this list will perform, one last thing if you have the models I would recommend swapping a DF and FW for a full strength stealth squad they will really make this list quite awesome.

Take this as a guideline for the skeleton of a good 1000pt list and you wont go far wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to put some stealth suits in there but don't you need at least 2 troops choices to fill out the force organization thing (could be wrong)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes u are right...so u take 2X 12 fw in devilfish with sothing like decoy launchers

C.G

"i pity the poor fool"

COMMISSAR GAUNT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast