1500 Conventional wyche cult - unfriendly! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    LO Zealot Sareld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

    1500 Conventional wyche cult - unfriendly!

    Things that always start in the WWP are marked, and I will put all things that I cant hide in cover in turn one in the portal too. The plan is simply to get the wyches in cc fast, and support them with the reavers, wich will also handle most of the tank hunting. The list is fairly conventional, but I would really like some comments on it.

    HQ (164):

    Arcite Drageth (in WWP)
    + Punisher
    + Tormentor Helm
    + Combat Drugs
    + Shadow Field
    + Animus Vitae
    + Gruesome Talisman
    + Plasma Grenades

    ---------------

    Troops (914)

    9 Wyches
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

    9 Wyches
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

    9 Wyches
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    + Web Way Portal (active)
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

    5 Warp Beasts (in WWP)
    1 Beastmaster
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol

    5 Warp Beasts (in WWP)
    1 Beastmaster
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol

    ---------------

    Fast Attack (420):

    5 Reaver Jetbikes
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Tormentor Helm
    + Power Weapon
    + Haywire Grenades

    5 Reaver Jetbikes
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Tormentor Helm
    + Power Weapon
    + Haywire Grenades

    Total: 1498


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member Asmodean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

    hrm...

    Only one WWP is a gamble, especially on a wych in a floating coffin... your Sybarite need to take a separate test for a wound if it crashes remember, and a 6+ save isn't going to save much very quickly.....

    Your raiders are going to have horrifically short lives, I fear, in this amount of pointage...

    Are you planning to hide behind cover, and activate the WWP in the first turn without poking your head out, and continuing the assault?

    If at least 70% of your army gets into combat, you'll have an absolute field day, especially with all those warp beasts..... can you imagine them both assaulting the same unit? :ninja:

    My only other worry, Is that you might not have enough anti tank, especially with only your reavers....

    They can't shoot when they boost, and getting them in range without assault cannon frying them will be, I fear, a tricky proposition....

    Maybe a ravager to even things out?
    minimalism is the key.

  4. #3
    Orks_n_Bugs Bugs_n_Orks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here and there
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,388
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    HQ (164):

    Arcite Drageth (in WWP)
    + Punisher
    + Tormentor Helm
    + Combat Drugs
    + Shadow Field
    + Animus Vitae
    + Gruesome Talisman
    + Plasma Grenades
    Good CC monster. I'm personally not fond of the animus but thats just me. Consider trophy racks, Ld 10 is nice to have just in case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    Troops (914)

    9 Wyches
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

    9 Wyches
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

    9 Wyches
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    + Web Way Portal (active)
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

    5 Warp Beasts (in WWP)
    1 Beastmaster
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol

    5 Warp Beasts (in WWP)
    1 Beastmaster
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    Couple of things about the wyches, I really think wyches with the portal is a bad idea, I'd go with a walking warrior squad or two. Also consider that since your running a portal you dont need all the wyches to have raiders. In 1500 pts. a good mix for me is 2 squads in raiders, 2 squads walking and 2 warp beast squads. I personally dont like blasters on Wyches, but thats as much opinion as anything, if you do go with walking wyches leave out blasters cause they need the fleet most times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    Fast Attack (420):

    5 Reaver Jetbikes
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Tormentor Helm
    + Power Weapon
    + Haywire Grenades

    5 Reaver Jetbikes
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Tormentor Helm
    + Power Weapon
    + Haywire Grenades
    In a wyche cult reavers are way too expensive to use as supporting CC units, thats what beasts are for. For the points you've spent on these you could have two 3 man reaver squads with 2 blasters each plus 2 more warp beast packs and have 80 points to spare. Also check your math, as per the codex update reavers are only 25 pts each.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

  5. #4
    LO Zealot Sareld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

    The list have been cleand, reorganized and turned down to 1000 points. Please tell me what you think.

    HQ:

    Drachite Trazsha (90)
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    + Gruesome Talisman
    + Nightmare Doll
    + Plasma Grenades

    ---------------

    Troops:

    8 Wyches (224)
    (Drachite joins this squad)
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

    9 Wyches (23
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

    9 Wyches (23
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Wyche Weapons
    + Plasma Grenades
    + Agoniser
    + Splinter Pistol
    Raider
    + Horrorfex

    ---------------

    Fast Attack:

    5 Reaver Jetbikes (210)
    + 2x Blasters
    1 Succubus
    + Tormentor Helm
    + Power Weapon
    + Haywire Grenades

    Total: 998

  6. #5
    Archite of Caerbannog KwiKwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SJ Bay Area
    Posts
    1,582
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

    Not to be difficult but I did like the 1st list better.

    In support of the Animus Vitae - I haven't had a problem getting that activated, taking slaves is easy really - even with marines. Having an Archite or Archon at WS7 makes a bigger difference than you think - it suddenly makes WS4 need a "5" instead of a "4" and please dont make me tell you the benefits of a strength boost.

    Now that I look at it, how can you not take slaves is beyond me. Other than the slave snares (which I use regularly) there are 2 major ways of taking slaves - one is the obvious one and the other is somehow forgotten by our kin.

    Everyone knows the obvious, "sweeping advance". Beat them in CC, they lose leadership and you then beat them at iniative. For me, happens once or twice a game - even in the ones that I lose. A great way to take alot of slaves, last game I took 12 kroot captives in a massacre.

    The other method that I am curious if you guys are practicing is our army's special rules for "Capturing Prisoners" on pg.4 in the black box, last paragraph. This is by far the easiest way to to take a prisoner. It is not a great way to take an entire squad but it should average half your kills anyway.

    Remember, if you cause a fall back of any kind (wether or not you sweep, it doesnt matter) the casualties of that battle (the ones that failed their armor save) can be taken as captives on a roll of 4+. In the game that I took the 12 kroot, of the 4 wounds that I caused to win the cc I get to roll 4 dice and on a 4+ I get to add as captured. I did this in the last game against Imperial Fist marines and the Animus became very handy indeed.

    P.S. I hope you go back to the punisher for the lord - Animus with a punisher is smart (and fluffy!).

  7. #6
    Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    AUC School of Medicine
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,768
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

    You know Sareld, I gotta hand it to you. You are a really distinctive individual when it comes to being a DE Kabal (In a positive way). Always working things, trying new strategies and employing new units. I gotta say that tactic wise, I think you might be one of the best strategists and experimenters in Commoragh hehe

  8. #7
    LO Zealot Sareld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag
    Not to be difficult but I did like the 1st list better.
    The first list IS better.. as it is 500 points more. I have constructed the second list to be smaller, simply by removing the more.. dubious units, such as the portal and everything in it, and the second reaver squad. I might expand the 1000 point list later, but so far I just need to get a super dynamic 1000 list up and running as a base.

    Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag
    In support of the Animus Vitae - I haven't had a problem getting that activated, taking slaves is easy really - even with marines. Having an Archite or Archon at WS7 makes a bigger difference than you think - it suddenly makes WS4 need a "5" instead of a "4" and please dont make me tell you the benefits of a strength boost.
    Notice that I dont use an archite in the new list. Of course the archite will have the animus and a punisher, for maximum troop plowing powers.. I guess. should I replace the nightmare doll, cool as it may be, for the animus and a punisher? That boost would be +20 points, but the bonus for being anle to choose the table side with enough terrain to hide the army out of LOS in turn one could be worth 1000 points against certaun opponents..

    Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag
    Now that I look at it, how can you not take slaves is beyond me. Other than the slave snares (which I use regularly) there are 2 major ways of taking slaves - one is the obvious one and the other is somehow forgotten by our kin.

    Everyone knows the obvious, "sweeping advance". Beat them in CC, they lose leadership and you then beat them at iniative. For me, happens once or twice a game - even in the ones that I lose. A great way to take alot of slaves, last game I took 12 kroot captives in a massacre.

    The other method that I am curious if you guys are practicing is our army's special rules for "Capturing Prisoners" on pg.4 in the black box, last paragraph. This is by far the easiest way to to take a prisoner. It is not a great way to take an entire squad but it should average half your kills anyway.
    I have never ever fielded an animus, and not have it activated by turn 3. I dont understand how some people find it hard either. All you need to do is to:

    a) get your lord in cc.
    b) kill something (the easy part).
    c) roll a 4+.

    The biggest problem with slave capturing slaves is the cries of cheese when the extra VPs tips the battle in your favour.

    Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag
    Remember, if you cause a fall back of any kind (wether or not you sweep, it doesnt matter) the casualties of that battle (the ones that failed their armor save) can be taken as captives on a roll of 4+. In the game that I took the 12 kroot, of the 4 wounds that I caused to win the cc I get to roll 4 dice and on a 4+ I get to add as captured. I did this in the last game against Imperial Fist marines and the Animus became very handy indeed.
    I know I know.... try sweeping advance 12 kroot with an animus lord, 60 free VPs, yes please!

    Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag
    P.S. I hope you go back to the punisher for the lord - Animus with a punisher is smart (and fluffy!).
    I know, but as I dont use drugs on 2W characters, the punisher will be pretty low S. I will consider exchanging the nightmare doll for the punisher kit, but I need to consider the advantages off the nightmare doll some more..

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraithguardian
    You know Sareld, I gotta hand it to you. You are a really distinctive individual when it comes to being a DE Kabal (In a positive way). Always working things, trying new strategies and employing new units. I gotta say that tactic wise, I think you might be one of the best strategists and experimenters in Commoragh hehe
    Thanks dude I like to keep my opponent guessing.. iI find this list fairly conventional though.

  9. #8
    Member Tdh6002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Veghel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    6 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sareld
    I have never ever fielded an animus, and not have it activated by turn 3. I dont understand how some people find it hard either. All you need to do is to:

    a) get your lord in cc.
    b) kill something (the easy part).
    c) roll a 4+.

    The biggest problem with slave capturing slaves is the cries of cheese when the extra VPs tips the battle in your favour.
    the way i read it is: when the opponent runs and is not destroyed, for each model that was killed roll a d6, on a 4+ that model is captured. if the unit runs and is destroyed, all models are auto captured.
    A word of warning. The next time you get a strange unexplained reading on your Flagship's scanner and sensor arrays, don't dismiss it as a glitch or ghost. The Necrons are a real threat now, and they are out there, biding their time, waiting for you!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts