Librarium Online Forums banner

1000pt army

371 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Xofek 
#1 ·
hey all i am goin to start tau so here is my list that i want to get but could use help as they are new to me

HQ
shasel
hard wire target lock
hardwired multi tracker
plasma rifle
burst cannon
5 drones

Elites
4 stealth suites

2 crisis suites
2xplasma rifle
2xfusion gun
multi tracker
124pt

Troops
fire warriors
pulse rifles
shasui
marker light

fire warriors
pulse rifles
shasui
marker light

Fast Attack
6 pathfinders
devil fish
disruption pod
seeker missile

Heavy Support
hammer head
rail gun
smart missile system
160pt
so what do you think

See less See more
#3 ·
I would say drop pathfinders and drop marker lights as you dont need them for only one hammerhead and add another crisis suit to that squad and give your commander bodyguards

#4 ·
1000 points is just to small of a points game to use pathfinders in, but markerlights are always helpful. either put target locks on your shas'ui's in your firewarrior squads, or drop the markerlights there entirely and put a unit of sniper drones or two. markerlight firewarriors are cheaper, but not dependable at all. the BS 4 on the sniper team hopper is a bit more of a point sink, but you also get sniper rifles with it, i think they are very effective in small point games.

also, keep your HQ an indepentant character, and give him a CIB with his plasma rifle, because it is awesome.

so it would go a little something like this

Shas'o cyclic ion blaster+ plasma rifle+shield generator + h/w multi tracker - 135

12 x FW + 'ui - 130

12 x FW + 'ui - 130

3 x Helios pattern - 186

Railhead + burst cannons + multi tracker + decoy launcher + target lock - 170

2 x Sniper Drone Squad - 160

you have 89 points left, i suggest adding maybe a pirahna or somesuch, and slap some additonal wargear on whatever you want, like a stim. injector onto the shas'o and maybe some shield drones in the helios group.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.