KoS (1500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KoS (1500)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KoS (1500)

Final (I hope) list before I finish building it. Tell me what you think.

HQ [142]
    [142]Warboss ~ Warbike, Powerclaw, Choppa, Cybork Body

Elites [615]
    [205]Skarboy Mob ~ 6 Sluggas/Choppas, 2 Burnas, 1 Nob with Power Claw/Slugga, Trukk Riggers, RPJ, Plates, RL
    [205]Skarboy Mob ~ 6 Sluggas/Choppas, 2 Burnas, 1 Nob with Power Claw/Slugga, Trukk Riggers, RPJ, Plates, RL

Troops [270]
    [45]Warbuggy Squadron ~ 1 Warbuggy, Twin-linked RL, RPJ, Riggers

Fast Attack [135]
    [45]Deth Koptas ~ 1 Deth Kopta Mek with Burna

Heavy Support [335]
    [185]Leman Russ Demolisher ~ hull-heavy bolter, sponson heavy bolters, armour plates, RPJ, turbo-booster, riggers
    [75]Gun Trukk ~ Zzap Gun, Grot Riggers, RPJ
    [75]Gun Trukk ~ Zzap Gun, Grot Riggers, RPJ

Total 1497

-Had to sacrifice a burna on each skarboy mob to fit in another buggy. Figured it was worth it because the skarboys are going to be hitting hard enough to kill just about anything, and 2 burna templates are good enough to (*#@ up most lightly armoured squads that I can avoid in combat.
    -Sorry trukkboys, but skarboys are better than you. A squad costs only a little bit more, and can dish out so much more damage its ridiculous. So what if they don't get the bailin' out rule, because lets face it, if the trukk blows up the trukkers are still going to be practically useless.
    -Went heavy on the anti armour, because I already have enough burnas to deal with most horde lists, and tank heavy lists can really screw you if you are caught unprepared.
    -16 out of 17 possible targets, makes this list very hard to kill as most armies wont be able to destroy all of my targets even if they get lucky.

Suggestions I need from you:

This list, although great at 1500 (in my opinion) basically maxes out the force organization, so I don't know what I would add in a 1850 or 2000 point game. The only thing I can think of is a big mek in a battle wagon but thats too much of a point sink for my blood. Any advice on what I can do with this list on larger games?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Bruiser117; June 12th, 2006 at 23:32.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suggestion for upgrade?

If you're not interested in the extra Mek HQ w/ Battlewagon, how about upgrading your Guntrukks to Battlewagons.

- Keep the Zzap gun
    - Add 2 2L Rokkit Launchas
    - Add a bunch of Armor
    - Fallback vehicle for troops

....all for 65 more points each.
    Sounds like a bargain to me!

Edit - Just remembered about the 0-1 Battlewagon limit. Bummer.
    Last edited by Ribking; June 14th, 2006 at 12:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Big Mek with Battlewagon, I play at 1850 most of the time and when I umm, looted your list it was the first thing I added. You do know about the Heavy Screen tatik in conjuction with your Russ right? There is a awesome articile on the web I could find for you, I use it all the time now.

Peace out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I've read that somwhere... its either from the Waaagh or Tau-empire, or something of the sort.

Battlewagons are just cool, and get a lot more firepowered aimed at them then they probably deserve, thats the only reason they end up not sucking usually. If the enemy spends an entire turn designated to kill that vehicle, than its a turn well spent, as it only takes a couple of turns for the rest of my vehicles to fall into place.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also while I got your attention how do you plan to model all them Buggies? All buggies 50 50 Buggies Wartrakks, and what about the Rokkits all the same Dread Rokkits or mix it up some?

The reason I ask is because I figure it could get boring all the same stuff running about.

In my looted list I replaced one of the Skarboys units with Stormboys Vulcha kind. What do you think about this, is two Skar Trukks enough to take out stuff or do you pile all three trukks into the same fight? I am a little nervous about not having a back up Trukk of Skars.

Peace out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm either my internet or the site is acting up and would not let me edit my reply so I made a new one.

Here is a link to the Tatiks I mentioned.

http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.p...topic=100201.0

Peace out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably mix it up a little bit, if not at least model them differently.

The Vulchas are actually amazing, I don't use them just because I don't like taking special characters. You could use them as you would use your trukkers, however, you would want to delay your trukkers (no more than turn) so that your vulchs can hit their battle line at the same time.

Also, I don't think it should be that big of deal, because the main reason I decided to use skar boys over trukkboys, is that they really don't need back up in most circumstances. The skarboys hit a lot harder than trukkboys, and your target should already be a little softened up from shooting/burnas.

It is a little risky, but it shouldn't hurt you too much. Just make sure you have a lot of other crowd control to give you the edge in combat. Make sure those vulchas get there on time though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought of something if you looking to expand what about dropping one Kopta to add a no Autokannon Warbike Outrider squad to support with your Warboss? Not have him in the unit but have them in the same area kinda thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be missing something rather large and obvious, but I thought a model on a bike could only have a single CCW as it needed the other hand to control the bike. Hence, no need for the choppa as well as the Powerklaw on the Warboss. Unless of course you wanted the option of using your initiative instead or the klaw in certain situations, in that case, good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't think there is anything special about the Warboss having to have one hand on the warbike or anything confusing like that, I believe it fights as normal in close combat ("Look Ma! No Hands!" *Runs guardsman over*). I got the choppa instead of the slugga because it is only one point more and hey you never know when that rare occasion arises when it would be better to use a choppa in combat than a power claw.

And the warbike outriders are kind of cool, especially with the new scout rules in the 4th edition codeces (which makes the outriders perhaps a bit too powerful, but heyyyy). However, I do like the deth koptas and it would be hard for me to drop it.

I'll probably just throw in a big mek with a mek retinue and grots in a big suped up battle wagon as my point increase, and other odds and ends among other existing units.

Thanks for the input guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast