2000 pt. mech tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. mech tau

HQ:
    Shas'el w/ plasma rifle, fusion blaster, and multi-tracker = 87
    Shas'vre w/ plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multi-tracker, and hard-wired drone controller w/ 2 gun drones = 92
    Shas'vre w/ plasma rifle, fusion blaster, multi-tracker, and hard-wired drone controller w/ 2 shield drones = 102

Elites:
    3x crisis battlesuits w/ plasma rifles, fusion blasters, multi-trackers, and Shas'vre, 2 drone controllers w/ 2 gun drones, and 2 shield drones = 246

Troops:
    12 fire warriors w/ devilfish transport w/ 2 seeker missiles = 220

Fast attack:
    8 pathfinders w/ devilfish transport w/ 2 seeker missiles = 196

Heavy support:
    Hammerhead gunship w/ railgun, 2 burst cannons, multi-tracker, and 2 seeker missiles = 180
    Hammerhead gunship w/ railgun, 2 burst cannons, multi-tracker, and 2 seeker missiles = 180

Total = 1923

dont know what to do with the last points, help please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You cant have redundant systems on one Chrisis suit, so you cant take 4 drones for one (EDIT: Elite) Chrisis squad.

You have 14 seeker missiles?! If someone actually shoots your pathfinders (as many try to do) you'll have 140 points in unused missiles. I don't think thier that great to begin with.

Come to think of it, knock most of the drones off your chrisis suits. Use cover instead of drones.

After that, add some more Chrisis suits, or Stealth suits. Thats my advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya drop the drones because if they kill them u have to take leader ship at -1 and im not sure how u roll leader ship and drop some seaker missles or even all of them and then run 2-3 piranha with fusion blasters and that will be a nice list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

keep the drones but make them all shield drones. u can afford to anyway and gun drones suck cuase thier t 3 so they die easily and force a moral check. but you need shield drones to avoid instant death.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i suggest dropping the seeker missiles off the hammerheads, as they will be huge targets anyways, and getting rid of one of them and putting a skyray in. I think a seeker missile based army can be a fearsome thing, but you really need more than a single pathfinder squad to make it work.

give the devilfish decoy launchers to protect their cargo and the seeker missiles, also: give the hammerheads decoy launchers.

instead of having one HQ with bodyguards, just take 2 solo shas'els i suggest giving one of them plasma/CIB and one of them helios, and put only 2 shield drones on your elite crisis team, on the teamleader, and bond them.

with your extra points i would suggest putting in more light infatry removal, like stealth suits or maybe some gun drones.
    All of which makes me anxious, sometimes unbearably so

+ Reply to Thread