Newbie 1500pt Friendly List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie 1500pt Friendly List

Hi,

I've just started playing nids and so far it as not gone well. I've played four lost four, once against eldar and the rest against tau. My main problem is getting across the board and engaging the enemy at close quarters. Luckily my opponent has agreed for me to substitute models (no all i have about 1200pts worth) before i buy them so i can see how things work.

Here's a list I just wrote:

HQ
    Winged Hive Tyrant with Lash whip and bonesword, twinlinked devourer. +1WS, +1BS Implant attack and toxin sacs. 180pts

TROOPS

3 * 10 Hormogaunts with +1 In, +1St and flesh hooks. 3*140pts

Fast Attack

4 Winged Warriors with TL Devourer, +1bs, +1St. 196Pts

10 Gargoyles, 120pts

3 Raveners with 2 scything talons and spinefists. 132Pts

2 * 'Fexes with TL Venom Cannon Bonded Exo. +1Bs, Reinforced Chitin, +1St.

For the time being I'm purely playing against tau and eldar and need to close them down. Any comments appreciated.

Take Care

Rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to mention this only totals 1456 so far......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by bigrichie
    HQ
    Winged Hive Tyrant with Lash whip and bonesword, twinlinked devourer. +1WS, +1BS Implant attack and toxin sacs. 180pts
    This guy makes me sad. The Lash Whip and Bone Sword is really not a good weapon biomorph. It "looks all cool and stuff" but really isn't worth anything in a fight because Tyrant initiative is so high anyway.

It's also generally a bad idea to mix ranged and shooting weapons because you always wind up wasting some of your potential every turn. Try something like this instead:

"Devil Tyrant" - Hive Tyrant w/ 2x Twin Linked Devourers, Toxin Sacs, Enhanced Senses, Implant Attack, Wings, and Warp Field (184 points)

or

"Scythe Tyrant" - Hive Tyrant w/ 2x Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (WS), Implant Attack, Wings, and Warp Field

They both serve well as a troop decimator; the Devil Tyrant is particularly good however, because it averages about 7 kills vs. Marines on the charge. Implant Attack is probably a waste of points on both of them, because there are very few multi-wound models out there (in general) and you don't want your Tyrant to be IC hunting (he works much better destroying enemy troops); so I'd actually probably leave off on Implant Attack and take Adrenal Glands (WS) on both instead. The Devil Tyrant is particularly impressive vs. Tau and Eldar.

TROOPS

3 * 10 Hormogaunts with +1 In, +1St and flesh hooks. 3*140pts
    Hormogaunts usually aren't worth upgrading... but if it works for you, stick with it.

Fast Attack

4 Winged Warriors with TL Devourer, +1bs, +1St. 196Pts
    Very expensive, but worthwhile if it's supporting the Devil Tyrant I showed you.

10 Gargoyles, 120pts
    Also expensive, but worthwhile in my opinion. I love Gargoyles, though, other people don't.

3 Raveners with 2 scything talons and spinefists. 132Pts
    3 Raveners is a really expensive choice, as Raveners are better with three broods of a single Ravener. Also, those Spinefists will probably wind up never being fired.

2 * 'Fexes with TL Venom Cannon Bonded Exo. +1Bs, Reinforced Chitin, +1St.
    Twin-linking Venom Cannons is really expensive and not usually worth the price. Against Tau, it can make a huge difference, but against Eldar you should probably drop the second Venom Cannon for a Barbed Strangler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice dude. I'll give it a shot. As i say I've just started and only played 4 games with them so I'll just keep experimenting until i find a combination that works.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well poptartsninja gave you some pretty good advice though I wouldn't give both HT AG(WS) as for the Devil tyrant usually won't need the upgraded WS for either tau or eldar(espically tau as they already have horrible WS and you don't need WS 6 for them to only hit you on 5+) though for the eldar I recomend TM as it will lower their higher units WS down to yours on a plus side any tau units that have 3 WS will then go to 2 WS thus hitting you on 5+. As poptartsninja said implant attacks are a waste on a HT IMO so don't use em.

On your hormagaunts I recomend getting the +1 WS as then FW and battlesuits will only hit you on 5+ and you can actually hit the eldars avatar on 4+ instead of 5+ which is a big improvement. Unless your oppenents are in terrain a lot I would drop the flesh hooks.

Hmmm the warriors I'm kinda iffy on as the warriors become fast and all but really fragile to small arms fire which isn't good at ALL on 49 point models so I would put them on foot and slap some EC on them so they can actually survive some Ap 5 (deffinatly want that when fighting tau FW though doesn't help much against sub rounds on HH still I would take it). Plus your gargoyles should be all you need and with the points you saved from your warriors you can bulk up their numbers.

On the raveners definatly give them rending claws as that is their main way of killing their oppents otherwise you may get bogged down by certain tau units *mumbles something about a cursed gun drone for hold out 3 assault phase against his ravener <_< *. Also since most of the time your raveners should be FoCing you probally shouldn't have a bioweapon on them at just ST and rending.

Almost never ever TL a VC as it is way too expensive just to TL 2 shots for 70 points. The BS is very good against both tau and eldar since both have fairly low T trops and their leaders mainly have 4 T so you can instakill them plus you get that extra shot you need against their skimmers. Also on your gunfexs don't put on TS as they are a waste of points on them since they already have all their weapons at their maxiumum str anyways.

Well hope this helps stop your losing streak as they can be a real drap for anyone.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for that, I'm currently revising my list. The reason I had winged warrriors is that i was worried about synapse for the gaunts but i guess the HT will keep them in check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my suggestions:

Drop the Warriors for 3 Zoanthropes with Warp Blast and Synapse

Remake the Tyrant with 2 x shooty weapons and 2 Tyrant Guard

Drop the Garygoyles

Remake the Hormagaunts with just WS and I, increase brood size

Change the Raveners to SC and Rending Claws, and if you really want a ranged weapon, devourers.

Change the Carnie to VC and BS, drop the ST as it's not needed. If you have points, get the extended carapace.

Just my two cp.

Archival

+ Reply to Thread