2000 pt Tau list (friendly) mainly fire warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

2000 pt Tau list (friendly) mainly fire warriors

Well the recent thread has inspired me to make a full FW list or almost at least (didn't want to risk it with the honor guard for the etherial).

HQ-Shas'O-MP, PR, MT=112

Elite-Crisis-2-TL-PR, TA=130
    Elite-Crisis-2-TL-PR, TA=130

Troop-Fire Warrior-12-Shas'ui-ML, TL=145

Fast Attack-Gun Drones-8=96

Heavy Support-Hammerhead-Rail gun, BC, MT=160
    Heavy Support-Hammerhead-Rail gun, BC, MT=160
    Heavy Support-Sky Ray-BC, TA, MT=150

Total=2000 exactly

Well the main stratgy is have a nice solid line of FW and depending on the enemy the density of the FW. The gun drones will be a mobile wall for the FW also with the ML they can have a decent chance to pin the enemy. The sky ray will provide ML support and seeker missle support plus try to stop fast assaults as well in conjunction with the gun drones. The hammerheads will provide the anti tank and the sub rounds will provide more anti swarm support though their main role is anti tank.

So any advice would be nice plus would it be worth it to give the FW bonding knives. Also oppinoins on if I should go for a different Crisis suits config or if I should beef up my HH so they can survive better.

Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I usually don't run any more FW teams than I have to... so take all this with a grain of salt.

I like the HQ choice. You can actually save points by going Shas'el with PR/MP/TA/HWMT (97). But the extra CC abilities have come in handy for me once or twice.

Your crisis teams are a bit overkilled, I think. I admit, you'll most likely kill 2 marines each turn with them, but I think that you'd be better off with 3 units layed out like: TmLD/PR/MP/TA/HWMT. It fills your spots and if you opponent gets to shoot at a crisis unit somehow, he'll only kill one. I've found minimizing loses with the Tau to be key, and this layout gives you a chance to kill transports & such.

I would hate to face your troop selections.... 72 shots up to 30" away...

against an MEQ: hits 36...24 wounds...8 casulties. And that's with no markerlight support!
    Gun drones are a great pinning force, and if you can get an opponent in the open, pin him, and then unleash all of your troops on him... ouch!

Heavy support choices are what I run, but I run 2 180 pt hammerheads (RG/SMS/TL/DL/MT), and a 165 pt Skyray (SMS/TA/DL/MT), although I think the skyray is overdone, and I'm working on the layout. Shoot all those missiles first turn, and then mark for your hammerheads and protect your troops.

Good list, and different than I'm used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Well the main reason I went for the TL PR was if the enemy did get close enough (which can happen from time to time) the for sure 2 shot hits would be very painful plus the helios suits get three shots though only at BS 3 and for 3 more points you get BS 4 TL.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

You'll definately kill some marines, that for sure. Perhaps a FB/PR combo to be more effective inside of 12". I'm just never been sold on twin-linking a crisis weapon. That's probably my problem, not yours. I almost feel like you can do the same thing with proper use of the markerlights that you have, however. But maybe that's not true...

For some reason, I'm worried about an army with a high number of Skimmer transports (eldar or tau). I don't know if you have the volume of shots required to take them down. But you might...

Needless to say, I still like the list...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

True that with proper use of ML the FB/PR could be better though then they may relly on it thus I need some units that don't need as I may need those ML elsewhere for pining, BS upgrade on FW, and call in seeker missle support. I'm not too worried about eldar transports in my area as they don't seem to be many of them with(though we still do have a decent amount of the space elves just not really that many transport heavy).

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread