1700 tourny all comers list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

1700 tourny all comers list

So yet another tourny is comming up and I think it's time for my Nids to come off the shelf.
    I'm hopeing I didn't make too many compromises in this list as I'm trying to have lots of hard hitting power, volume, and lots of MCs in the same list. The only thing I wont change is my CC fex, as I put him together and painted him purely because I think he looks cool, and I also think he is my best painted model in this army.

HQ
    Tyrant
    ES, TS, 2XTL devs
    + 1 guard

Flying Tyrant
    Wings, TS, AG(ws), Warp field, 2X ST

Troops

20 Hormagaunts, AG(I)

12 Genstealers, EC

10 Spine Gaunts

10 Spine Gaunts

10 Spine Gaunts

10 Spine Gaunts

Fast Attack

Ravager

Ravager

12 Gargoyles

Heavy support

2 Zoanthropes, W blast, Synapse

Fex, ES, EC, BS, VC

Fex, AG (ws), Toxic myasma, flesh hooks, 2X SC

Basic plan is to place Heavy support and spine gaunts on one side, hopefully that many deployments have my opponent place opposite to me with most of his army, then use the flying tyrant, hormaguaunts, gargoyles, and ravagers as a flanking hammer.

This leaves me with 53 points to spend. I'm thinking a few things. EC on the walking tyrant and the CC fex, extra guard for the tyrant, or maybe more spine gaunts and scuttle on the stealers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

First things first deffinatly split your genestealers into two squads as this will increase their survivabilty greatly. To do this just put your spine gaunts into two 15 squads and a 10 or just two 20 squads as they are only meat sheilds.

I wouldn't put EC on the walking tyrant as it really doesn't need it with a guard so if you want a better chance for him to survive go for one more guard on him. On your flying HT IMO drop the AG(WS) and go for instead toxic maisma as this can help a lot more IMO espically if low WS oppenents charge you somehow they can only hit you on 5+ then.

Your troops look good though do split the genestealer squad just to be safe.

Now on your CC fex these guys usually won't make their points back but your oppenet will still be horrified of them most of the time. You may want to give him +I so you go before powerfists and if you fight necrons go at the same time as them. Also IMO go for reinforced chitin on him as EC is expensive for him and powerfist still ignore a 2+ save. Also since he is so slow I recomemend dropping a spine gaunt sqaud and with any remaining points get some leaping rippers as they will be able to catch and hold your oppenet so they don't try and avoid him. The best amount to go for would probally be 5 or 6 ripper bases though if you don't have many or not enough points go with 4 but no lower.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread