1k pt Vanilla All-Comers List (Friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k pt Vanilla All-Comers List (Friendly)

HQ -

Farseer - 1 SP, 1 CCW - Fortune (62 pts)

ELITES -

6 Warp Spiders (132 pts)

6 Warp Spiders (132 pts)

TROOPS -

8 Guardian Defenders
    Warlock w/ SP/CCW & Conceal
    Starcannon w/ 2 Guardians as crew (147 pts)

8 Guardian Defenders
    Warlock w/ SP/CCW & Conceal
    Starcannon w/ 2 Guardians as crew (147 pts)

FAST ATTACK -

1 Vyper w/ Starcannon & CTM (95 pts)

1 Vyper w/ Starcannon & CTM (95 pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT -

1 Falcon w/ Pulse Laser, Starcannon, Spirit Stone & Holo-Field (190 pts)

-------------------------

1000 points on the dot, I believe. Should I replace one of the guardian platform starcannons with a missile launcher to help against anti-vehicle? I don't think I need worry about light armour with the number of strength 6 shots I have, but 13-14 AV vehicles could certainly cause a problem if the Falcon isn't in the right place at the right time or if it gets knocked out.

BTW, the Farseer basically sticks around the guardian squads offering assistance wherever needed. He's kinda just filling the HQ slot, unfortunately.

So, whatcha think? I want to play this army by proxy sometime soon, so I guess I'll get an idea of how it works then, but advice is what this forum is all about. Thanks a bunch.

"There will never be enough peace in the universe unless first there is enough war." - Farseer Eleuflin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Hold on while I play that army list on Dawn of War. I'll get back to you then.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

I test ran the group. It does alright.

Your Vypers are really crucial to your list aren't they? With that in mind, you should keep them secret and safe. Nobody likes losing their pivotal units early, and that will happen when the enemy starts getting too close for your Warp Spiders to stop them.

You have a solid list with powerful anti-armour powers and the Spiders can take out much light armour and infantry, but beware high save enemies as they will be your doom. Assault Marines everyone?

If you just sit and dig in you have the best chance. Nice list though.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

~ Mance, you can't really compare that well to DoW...in the game certain units are better in the game than they are in the real-table-top game

~ Also, the list, the Vypers really don't need CTM, it's a waste of points and for that amount, you can get yourself another Vyper...

~ If your Farseer is only meant to fill-up the HQ slot, why not use the Avatar instead? He would atleast be able to do something in this army (your cc support).
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Take this with a grain of salt, as I don't know tons about eldar, but I think the HQ seems to be a bit of an afterthought, and doesn't seem to fit with the relatively clear idea of the rest of the army (from the little that I know).

Is this true, or do you see yourself using the Farseer in a way I don't see?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK real quick cause I'm on my lunch break. I'll post another list later sometime. But until then, a couple questions and comments.

Why is the CTM so useless? Seems like without it the Vypers will die quite quickly. But I'm probably wrong and would love someone to set me straight on the logic.

I don't really care for the Avatar cause it'll be really slow and will probably die before it reached anything. Also, I figured the Farseer helping to keep the guardians alive will help keep the starcannons in action more. What would be a better option?

Oh well, back to work . . . help me out some more! :-)
    "There will never be enough peace in the universe unless first there is enough war." - Farseer Eleuflin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

~ CTM lets you move, shoot, finish move. It's ok but not for it's point cost. Instead of two Vypers hiding behind cover, you get three where (after moving) can only be glanced. 3 Vypers pack a lot more punch and that's pretty much the difference. While CTM is defensive, offensive is *usually* the way to go. It's your call but just trying to sway you to one side...

~ Just to give you another option: Drop 2x Warp Spiders, combine the squad into one squad of 10x or two squads of 5x. Drop the CTM on one Vyper (leave it with the other). Add another Farseer the same as the one you have, this way both guardian squads can be fortuned. Should drop 2 points from your total points (1000 to 99.
    Last edited by Emp.; June 22nd, 2006 at 22:08.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, does this make more sense?

I take out the CTM on both Vypers. I take one guardian out of each of the squads. With the Warlock this still leaves 10 man squads. That gives me enough points to get a 5 model squad of either striking scorpions or howling banshees depending on if I'm going against SM or not. This way the Farseer joins the SS or HB and together they ride in the Falcon and then go clean some clocks.

How's that sound as an adjustment? I could also combine the Warp Spiders into a single group of 8 which would free up a bunch of points to upgrade to some exarchs or give haywire grenades or something that would help against heavy armour.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

~ As you don't have much tank hunting, consider doing what you said in that last post (before this), except add Fire Dragons instead of Scorpions/Banshees. Then your Farseer can ride with them in the Falcon. Guide the Falcon until you are ready to pop-out, then guide the Dragons, worst nightmare to termies and tanks...

+ Reply to Thread